Spam

General Chit-Chat is in here... New Members are invited to pop in and say hello!
Mr XP
League One Player
League One Player
Twitter: @nathastbury

Spam

Post by Mr XP » 05 Oct 2011, 11:15

What is with all the dodgy post's selling handbags, TV on-line, education courses, best prices for gold? Whilst not wanting to criticise the moderation process it would seem that these things almost certainly will contain a virus if you click on them and therefore should be deleted straight away, perhaps they should contain a swear word or an anti-cas opinion for them to be deleted immediately?

Come on mods, i know you all do a fantastic job and all for free but surely this is a basic requirement?

Castleford tigers Irish supporters branch

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Re: Spam

Post by Flat Capper » 05 Oct 2011, 12:27

And there was me thinking this could be about a tasty tin of meat...
Spreading the Cas gene pool

Matt
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @invmatt

Re: Spam

Post by Matt » 11 Oct 2011, 22:00

Mr XP wrote:What is with all the dodgy post's selling handbags, TV on-line, education courses, best prices for gold? Whilst not wanting to criticise the moderation process it would seem that these things almost certainly will contain a virus if you click on them and therefore should be deleted straight away, perhaps they should contain a swear word or an anti-cas opinion for them to be deleted immediately?

Come on mods, i know you all do a fantastic job and all for free but surely this is a basic requirement?
We can only read so many posts/threads a day, if you notice something report the post to us and we'll be able to remove it quicker.

In addition to that I've just rolled out some changes to the registration to help prevent spam signups.

End of the day we're only human and we have other commitments too, like any other forum sometimes spam accounts slip through the net.
For website related issues or queries please contact the admin account as I no longer own or maintain Casforum.