AVM

General Chit-Chat is in here... New Members are invited to pop in and say hello!
tigerman1
League One Player
League One Player

AVM

Post by tigerman1 » 12 Oct 2011, 09:40

Just thought id share my experiance with you. for a number of years now ive suffered with dibilitating migraines, some called "cluster migraines" lasting a number of months, then two years ago i also got a pulsating very much like a babys heart beat on an ultrasound, this was diagnosed as tinitus. eventually after so many ct scans as you can shake a stick at i was diagnmosed with a brain AVM.
To put it into laymans terms i have an entalglement of veins in the brain brought on by a direct flow of blood from the artery, i had an angiogram on monday at LGI where it was found inside the brain, i am now awaiting a final consultation to find out wether i require a brain op or if i can have it treated by another angio under general anesthetic. now im not doing this for rich tea and sympathy, but just to make some people aware of this condition, its rare but can effect ANYONE, so if you can take time to check out my link on my signatures please check it out, if i can stop 1 person going through the timescale its taken for me to be diagnosed its worth it.
Cheers
A win a win my kingdom for a win

AVM a much misunderstood and unknown condition http://www.avmsupport.org.uk/

I wished my bank balance was a big as our points against

have you ever seen comical Ali and RW in the same room... didnt think so.

open your mind but especially your eyes

tongo
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: AVM

Post by tongo » 12 Oct 2011, 20:26

hope your campaign to get the news spread works, i for one hadnt heard of this before and im sure there would be ways of making it more common, even if it was through the club?
also hope everything goes swimmingly at the docs

Casforum Rugby Predictions Championship Grand Final Champion 2012

tigerman1
League One Player
League One Player

Re: AVM

Post by tigerman1 » 13 Oct 2011, 07:39

Cheers!!!!! I don't want to alarm anyone and we all get headaches/migraines. Its just if they are a little too regular it's a consideration. My Doc was understanding but AVM wasn't even mentioned, and to be fair he was taken aback when the neuroligist found it. Like I say it's rare, I just don't anyone living with the symptoms as long as I have basically living a knife edge until it's diagnosed.
A win a win my kingdom for a win

AVM a much misunderstood and unknown condition http://www.avmsupport.org.uk/

I wished my bank balance was a big as our points against

have you ever seen comical Ali and RW in the same room... didnt think so.

open your mind but especially your eyes