2015 election / politics thread

General Chit-Chat is in here... New Members are invited to pop in and say hello!
WF10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: 2015 election / politics thread

Post by WF10 » 10 May 2015, 13:41

I like Burnham but can't see him challenging for the PM in 5 years time, I think he's viewed as a bit of a pushover and this time around Labour provided no realistic opposition at all. Unable to fob off accusations of oversepending and causing the financial crisis, even though it was patently and obviously a lie. I fear it would be more of the same with Burnham.

Could do worse than going with Cooper? Although I'm not sure how electable she is and being married to Ed Balls may not help.

Chukka? The hesitancy would have to be about whether we can see a black leader getting votes considering 4m people voted ukip? It shouldn't matter about skin colour but for some it may do. Are those people racist or xenophobic or both?

Jarvis? As a time served soldier in Iraq/Afghanistan would that compromise Muslim votes?

It's a huge decision and one that needs very careful consideration.
removed post it again and you will join them on a 48 hour ban read the AUP

Sigon
Championship Player
Championship Player
Twitter: @nogis

Post by Sigon » 10 May 2015, 21:13

Casforum is a non-profit website. We rely on donations and forum advertising to keep the site alive. If you'd like to donate please contact any administrator. In return we'll give you a shiny new forum rank!

onetiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by onetiger » 10 May 2015, 21:50

Sigon wrote:
gutted that dan is not standing - #-o #-o #-o

alcasfan
League One Player
League One Player
Location: LS25 About as far from LEEDS as you can get with an LS code - Thank God!

Post by alcasfan » 10 May 2015, 23:50

onetiger wrote:
Sigon wrote:
gutted that dan is not standing - #-o #-o #-o
Ditto !!! :-&

But, total respect to him for is reason !!! :clap: :clap: :clap:
"Castleford's biggest home crowd of the 1991-1992 season wasn't quite 12,000 while on average they'd sit around 6000 but the noise, the chanting and the singing just blows you away" - Tawera Nikau "Standing Tall"

onetiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by onetiger » 11 May 2015, 00:50

one who i dont want is that tristran hunt -god he looks like a tory talks like one .dont have a clue who would make best leader now as one minute its andy burnham -then i wanted dan jarvis will just have to watch which one put over the best case but not hunt

alftupper
League One Player
League One Player

Post by alftupper » 11 May 2015, 13:56

Labour have lost 40 seats in Scotland, seats that in years past were safe. The SNP have changed that for ever in my opinion which will make the prospect of a majority Labour government unlikely in the future. Don't forget that the Lib Dems are at their nadir in terms of popularity which Labour probably benefit from and still they didn't come close. Middle (aspirational) England have rejected Labours left of centre policies and I expect a move to the right of centre from their policy makers to make them anywhere near electable.

Bramley Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Bramley Tiger » 11 May 2015, 22:28

I voted UKIP so what's with the racist or xenophobic crap?just maybe there is a growing disillusionment with the two main parties.As for chuka umunna he really is not a guy that's gonna bring back the working class vote.another millionaire London elitist.

Sigon
Championship Player
Championship Player
Twitter: @nogis

Post by Sigon » 11 May 2015, 22:48

alftupper wrote:Labour have lost 40 seats in Scotland, seats that in years past were safe. The SNP have changed that for ever in my opinion which will make the prospect of a majority Labour government unlikely in the future
Nothing to do with the referendum, followed by Westminster telling Scotland they will not get what they were promised then.
Casforum is a non-profit website. We rely on donations and forum advertising to keep the site alive. If you'd like to donate please contact any administrator. In return we'll give you a shiny new forum rank!

alftupper
League One Player
League One Player

Post by alftupper » 13 May 2015, 11:42

Sigon wrote:
alftupper wrote:Labour have lost 40 seats in Scotland, seats that in years past were safe. The SNP have changed that for ever in my opinion which will make the prospect of a majority Labour government unlikely in the future
Nothing to do with the referendum, followed by Westminster telling Scotland they will not get what they were promised then.
Probably, but I wasn't suggesting otherwise. There is a growing wave of Nationalism in Scotland and I just can't see Labour winning many seats back north of the border.