Potentially non-rugby related question...

General Chit-Chat is in here... New Members are invited to pop in and say hello!
TheChuggaMan

Potentially non-rugby related question...

Post by TheChuggaMan » 13 May 2015, 21:24

Hi, I've been visiting these forums for quite some time now. I've never posted but more prefer to read the topics and discussion from the forum members.

I'm only asking this question here because I'm not sure where else to ask. I just wondered if any posters are familiar with the stretch of the m62 between J32 and Leeds eastbound and westbound, and whether or not the gantry speed cameras are in operation during times of variable speed limits. I've recently started travelling that route from cas but Im a bit concerned a flash could have been me being caught up by a speed camera the other night. I'm not a speeder and if I was caught Id put it down to a temporary loss of concentration (stupid I know)

I've spoken to a few people. Some say not to worry and that the cameras aren't in operation. Others say they are. Can anyone shed any light on this if they travel this route regularly? Admin please delete this post if not appropriate. I understand. Just looking for a bit of help.

Thanks in advance

WF10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Potentially non-rugby related question...

Post by WF10 » 18 May 2015, 00:01

My mate is a copper based in Leeds and he reckons the cameras on the M62 are in operation 24/7.

So even if there is no speed restriction shown on the matrix signs they'll flash if you are going above 75ish.

And obviously if the speed restrictions are showing on the matrix signs and you are significantly above the speed limit you'll get flashed.

Don't know whether it's true or not though as ACAB ;)
removed post it again and you will join them on a 48 hour ban read the AUP

Sigon
Championship Player
Championship Player
Twitter: @nogis

Re: Potentially non-rugby related question...

Post by Sigon » 18 May 2015, 22:34

WF10 wrote:My mate is a copper based in Leeds and he reckons the cameras on the M62 are in operation 24/7.

So even if there is no speed restriction shown on the matrix signs they'll flash if you are going above 75ish.

And obviously if the speed restrictions are showing on the matrix signs and you are significantly above the speed limit you'll get flashed.

Don't know whether it's true or not though as ACAB ;)
It is true and has been admitted by the authorities I understand.
Casforum is a non-profit website. We rely on donations and forum advertising to keep the site alive. If you'd like to donate please contact any administrator. In return we'll give you a shiny new forum rank!