Charity Bike Ride

General Chit-Chat is in here... New Members are invited to pop in and say hello!
da_jimbob_7
League One Player
League One Player
Twitter: Jimmothylad

Charity Bike Ride

Post by da_jimbob_7 » 22 Jul 2015, 19:49

I have been inspired by several of my colleagues, who work in the service adjacent to the one I work in. They have set about creating a disco evening for the people we support, they also want this to be open to other people as well, including those supported by other companies.
To keep the disco's running they need to be self-funded and eventually they aim to develop and expand the range of events they do.
With that in mind I have set about planning a sponsored bike ride from Wakefield going to the East Coast (Thornwick bay, Flamborough) and then Returning the next day. This is roughly a 170mile round trip. I am doing it to support what my colleagues have started with the accompaniment of another colleague and hopefully raise a large amount to help them progress this. My personal motivation is in memory of my Grandad doing this when he was a lad and of a very close friend who has given me many happy memories of the east coast while holidaying in their caravan.

I can be sponsored at www.virginmoneygiving.com/team/W2ECCycle

If you happen to pass us please give us a toot, words of encouragement, I will have my members drawstring bag on my back so will have the Tigers with me all the way!

Long live the Tigers!!!