Jeremy Corbyn new Labour leader Lol

General Chit-Chat is in here... New Members are invited to pop in and say hello!
alftupper
League One Player
League One Player

Re: Jeremy Corbyn new Labour leader Lol

Post by alftupper » 18 Feb 2019, 12:52

CasRus wrote:Hi Alf,

I wouldn't start any gloating just now as I think it is going to happen with the Tories also !!
I think if that was going to happen we’d have seen Soubry stood alongside them this morning.

Interesting that nearly all the 7 called the Labour Party a racist party, does that make WF10, Capper and all Labour voters rascists I wonder? It’s an interesting point...

WF10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by WF10 » 18 Feb 2019, 13:44

alftupper wrote:
CasRus wrote:Hi Alf,

I wouldn't start any gloating just now as I think it is going to happen with the Tories also !!
I think if that was going to happen we’d have seen Soubry stood alongside them this morning.

Interesting that nearly all the 7 called the Labour Party a racist party, does that make WF10, Capper and all Labour voters rascists I wonder? It’s an interesting point...
Ye I think they were expecting some Tories to quit also but they had a last minute u-turn...

Re your 2nd paragraph - you're going to need better bait than that.
And better spelling.
removed post it again and you will join them on a 48 hour ban read the AUP

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 18 Feb 2019, 14:15

Very interesting and it's hard to criticise someone for standing by their principles. I would much rather see the honest face of a politician (very rare) rather than the two-faced approach by the majority of Tories who are only too happy to stab you in the back.

And, for accuracy Alfie, from what I've seen so far, 'racism' wasn't the term used but anti-Semitic. As I understand it, Judaism covers many races.
Spreading the Cas gene pool

alftupper
League One Player
League One Player

Post by alftupper » 18 Feb 2019, 16:40

Flat Capper wrote: And, for accuracy Alfie, from what I've seen so far, 'racism' wasn't the term used but anti-Semitic. As I understand it, Judaism covers many races.
For accuracy Capper old lad here’s a direct quote from Mike Gapes this morning

‘I am sickened that the Labour Party is now a racist and antisemetic party’

Hope that clears it up for you

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 18 Feb 2019, 18:17

alftupper wrote:
Flat Capper wrote: And, for accuracy Alfie, from what I've seen so far, 'racism' wasn't the term used but anti-Semitic. As I understand it, Judaism covers many races.

Cheers. Looks like we're getting closer to the Tory policies than when we were under Blair!

WF10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by WF10 » 18 Feb 2019, 18:45

alftupper wrote:

Ironic then that it has taken less than 6 hours for The Independant Group to issue it’s first official apology about racism in its own party.

Due to Angela Smith, when talking about BME people, say "it's not just about being black or a funny tinge"

alftupper
League One Player
League One Player

Post by alftupper » 18 Feb 2019, 19:07

WF10 wrote:
alftupper wrote:

Ironic then that it has taken less than 6 hours for The Independant Group to issue it’s first official apology about racism in its own party.

Due to Angela Smith, when talking about BME people, say "it's not just about being black or a funny tinge"
Hardly surprising when this time yesterday she was still a Labour Party member

CasRus
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by CasRus » 18 Feb 2019, 19:43

So, 7 ex labour mp's have resigned and want a second referendum by the looks of it however they won't call a by election for each of their seats to ensure the electorate in their constituencies are on board with them after being voted in on Comrade Corbyn's manifesto ! Does that not make these mp's hypocritical calling for a second referendum and don't have the decency if their constituents are with them ! Just shows what Labour or ex Labour are about ! They've got more faces than Big Ben !

alftupper
League One Player
League One Player

Post by alftupper » 19 Feb 2019, 08:26

In my very first post on this thread I predicted Labour would spend years in the political wilderness as a result of Corbyn’s leadership. It looks like I was correct and it may even be the beginning of the end for them as a serious opposition party. I look forward to many more years of Conservative government!

WF10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by WF10 » 19 Feb 2019, 09:01

Really?
See I feel its the opposite.
Get rid of the unprincipled centrist lot who are just in it for their own personal ambition - they didn't become politicians/join Labour to change the world or achieve real social justice. All they wanted was a career in the limelight, feeling important but without a clue.

Following Corbyn’s election as Party leader, Labour changed.
It isn't a party that ‘centrists’, like Chuka, could expect to one day lead. They’ve had no idea what to do since – other than oppose Corbyn and try to get rid of him.

Which, given the enormous amount of funds, members and energy that Corbyn has brought to the Labour movement: seems a little strange.

You also said this:
"As for strong opposition, I agree and I know I'm dreaming but it would be great to see Ukip take up this challenge"

Yet try to smear me as racist.

alftupper
League One Player
League One Player

Post by alftupper » 19 Feb 2019, 11:08

yesterdays Survation poll carried out for the Daily Mail suggests the new independence party are already the third largest party with an 8% vote share gaining most of their votes from Labour. Hard Left Labour are now 5% behind the Tories.

how about Derek Hatton for the next Shadow Business Secretary :lol: ...never rule anything out with this lot

CasRus
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by CasRus » 19 Feb 2019, 11:37

I agree with you Alf.

Labour are finally about to crack and it will the Tories who will be the biggest party for a long long time to come !

Admitting Derek Hatton back into the Labour Party after 34 years speaks volumes and the country at large will not allow a Marxist, Comrade Corbyn led party to take over the running of this country - he'd run this country onto the rocks just like his touting of Venezuela as a model country he'd like to copy !!! Ha Ha ! what a Plonker !!

The Bell is about to toll and call time on Labour and they will become a very small party at the next election similar to the Lib Dems - Watch This Space ! This is deja vous happening all over again - remember Michael Foot !! Poor old Jeremy will very soon be pensioned off to his allotment !

This new Independent movement has the makings of being a NEW Labour party and I aren't against this as it's always healthy to have a choice and if some Tories join (as Tories also have their problems don't forget), they may become a force against pure Tory but having said that, Nigel Farage's new party may take a few seats - It all smacks of nobody really being in total control and I think it may resort to a coalition led government in the future.

WF10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by WF10 » 19 Feb 2019, 11:55

alftupper wrote:yesterdays Survation poll carried out for the Daily Mail suggests the new independence party are already the third largest party with an 8% vote share gaining most of their votes from Labour. Hard Left Labour are now 5% behind the Tories.

how about Derek Hatton for the next Shadow Business Secretary :lol: ...never rule anything out with this lot
Remember when the polls had the Tories 20 points in front of Labour in about April 2017?

How did that work out for you?

alftupper
League One Player
League One Player

Post by alftupper » 19 Feb 2019, 12:13

you can understand WF10 being upset at the recent developments. Hard left all his life with no hope of ever seeing a government sharing his leftist views then the beardy comrade comes along and his hopes are raised but all he’s done is guarantee many more long years of Tory governance. Happy days!

CasRus
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by CasRus » 19 Feb 2019, 12:24

Let's herald poor old Jeremy out of the Commons with:-

"Oh Jeremy Corbyn , Oh Jeremy Corbyn" !

He hasn't learned that his leftist views along with all his followers haven't got a scooby doo of current mainstream politics and has no chance of getting in !

Even against a weak Tory leader with no Charisma in the last election he totally failed to gain power when they were there for the taking ! If they had had a leader more centrist, they would have won !

He is too old in his thinking and which harks back to the 70s and is still practising Dinosaur Politics ! The world has moved on !

WF10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by WF10 » 19 Feb 2019, 13:22

Oh please.

'Current mainstream politics' where everyone is on the take with decisions being made for the benefit of big businesses and their wide variety of stakeholders rather than improving the lives of people in the UK.

Any wonder there has been a concerted effort, by numerous organisations and individuals, to undermine Jeremy Corbyn?

This Independent Group that was formed yesterday is not a political party, it's a private company. Registered in Panama. Both of these things means it doesn't have to disclose where the money comes from.
Wonder why?

CasRus
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by CasRus » 19 Feb 2019, 13:40

Does Venezuela and Russia ring any bells !!!

Both ended up in Marxist dictatorships where the few people at the top have stripped all the assets out and not passed it on to the common people !

So much for your ultra left wing thinking !

At least the people are free here to make their own lives with free speech and not subject to disappearing never to be seen again !

Big business provides jobs and yes there are some taking the p... in paying themselves wodjes of cash which needs to be addressed (I agree with you on that) but there are businessmen with principles who do pay their taxes - Dyson for one even though he's now moving to Singapore which makes business sense.

Left Marxist principles are the journey to hell I can tell you that - it's been proved time and time again !

Be thankful you were born in the UK - you could have been born in the Yemen for example with a totally crap life !

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 19 Feb 2019, 13:47

My dear right wing fascist friends, be careful what you wish for.

History tells us that following the revamp of Labour under John Smith and then Tony Blair, Labour came to power with an overwhelming majority. A move to a different course is the worst thing the Tories could hope for and that may be as simple as replacing Jezza but retaining the policies.

alftupper
League One Player
League One Player

Post by alftupper » 19 Feb 2019, 15:17

Flat Capper wrote:My dear right wing fascist friends
that’s rich coming from a Momentum Party supporter

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 19 Feb 2019, 16:19

alftupper wrote:
Flat Capper wrote:My dear right wing fascist friends
that’s rich coming from a Momentum Party supporter
I do not support Momentum and actually believe they should form they're own party, even though I share SOME of their policies. My comment is merely on a par with your oft quoted 'Loony Left' tag but I knew you'd appreciate it.