Bets

General Chit-Chat is in here... New Members are invited to pop in and say hello!
Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Bets

Post by Mysterio » 19 Jan 2017, 14:03

Best bets this year?

Which bookies offer odds on your own 'made up' bets and come back to you quickest with GOOD odds?

For example, Cas to finish in top 4, Powell to be Coach of the year, Moors to be MOS. What would be good odds for that? How do you quantify or judge it?

First coach to be sacked anyway : Brian Mac....hmmm. Or Kieran Cunningham?

Next Leeds Coach : Stephen Kearney

Any other bets worth 'making up'

Huddersfield to go down for me....! To be replaced with HKR
Audacter Et Sincere

Normy-Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Bets

Post by Normy-Tiger » 19 Jan 2017, 15:57

Go on Skybet. They will put together special bets for you if you want anything specific. They have some good ones on there already.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 19 Jan 2017, 16:20

Cas to win grand final 18 - corals
Cas to reach grand final 8 - bet victor
ive had two bets cas top four finish 4-1 lot shorter now ...eden top try scorer 25-1 tho them that got minikin each way at fancy prices will be on good terms with themselves now
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

tallguyx
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by tallguyx » 19 Jan 2017, 17:22

I like look of wakey to finish bottom 4/1,not convinced at all by them. Maybe put it in a patent with us to win challenge cup and Leeds united to go up.

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Post by the machine » 19 Jan 2017, 17:40

tallguyx wrote:I like look of wakey to finish bottom 4/1,not convinced at all by them. Maybe put it in a patent with us to win challenge cup and Leeds united to go up.
look Alot stronger than Hudds and Widnes for me,think they'll finish above Catalans too
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

noxandrattles
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by noxandrattles » 19 Jan 2017, 18:30

JINJER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JINJER » 19 Jan 2017, 23:31

tallguyx wrote:I like look of wakey to finish bottom 4/1,not convinced at all by them. Maybe put it in a patent with us to win challenge cup and Leeds united to go up.
We didn't do too bad last season and I think this years squad is better (certainly in depth) than last seasons, I'll go with 7th for us and with a little luck injury wise a sneaky 6th. :)

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 20 Jan 2017, 00:13

got to agree with you jinjer that you have a stronger squad this season but I'm still not convinced by chessie. I think you need to hit the ground running and get off to a good start. anything less and it will be hard if you are playing catch up.

odds for wakey being at Newmarket in 2018?.........................think of a number and double it. :D
jo brand is eddie warings love child

lidds
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by lidds » 20 Jan 2017, 08:44

Got 4 on at the moment.

Top Tryscoreres Eden @ 33/1 and Minikin at 100/1

Man of steel Zak and Luke gale (Cant remember what Zak was but something ridiculous like 40/1).

I also wanted to put a bet on us finishing top of the table, but think i missed some of the bigger odds in anticipation that other bookies might open up with decent odds.

JINJER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JINJER » 20 Jan 2017, 11:15

lurcher wrote:got to agree with you jinjer that you have a stronger squad this season but I'm still not convinced by chessie. I think you need to hit the ground running and get off to a good start. anything less and it will be hard if you are playing catch up.

odds for wakey being at Newmarket in 2018?.........................think of a number and double it. :D
I'm not sure about Chester myself but coaches can improve, wasn't DP moved aside at Leeds after a poor run?
As for the odds on Newmarket, you'll get better odds on George Michael dying IMO.
Apologies to all GM fans on here. :D

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 20 Jan 2017, 12:33

JINJER wrote:
lurcher wrote:got to agree with you jinjer that you have a stronger squad this season but I'm still not convinced by chessie. I think you need to hit the ground running and get off to a good start. anything less and it will be hard if you are playing catch up.

I'm not sure about Chester myself but coaches can improve, wasn't DP moved aside at Leeds after a poor run?
As for the odds on Newmarket, you'll get better odds on George Michael dying IMO.
he certainly was jinj, moved to the leeds rugby union (not sure what they were called at the time) I well remember the tv camera's zooming in on him in the dug out and he looked like a man who didn't want to be there. at the time I personally didn't think we'de see him in rugby league again. I wonder how many rl coaches have failed early in their careers and come back successfully later. probably worth a thread of its own.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 20 Jan 2017, 13:12

A good coach takes his chance to view other sports and take the positives into their role.

A bit like Clive Woodward helped England ru win, them the British lions, now in football. If you listen to ru fans he's somewhere between mother Theresa and god. Personally I just think he had better players.

ERG2012
League One Player
League One Player

Post by ERG2012 » 20 Jan 2017, 13:31

It was his meticulous attention to detail and the mindset he developed within the group
However he did have a good squad to work with.

JINJER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JINJER » 20 Jan 2017, 13:36

lurcher wrote:
JINJER wrote:

he certainly was jinj, moved to the leeds rugby union (not sure what they were called at the time) I well remember the tv camera's zooming in on him in the dug out and he looked like a man who didn't want to be there. at the time I personally didn't think we'de see him in rugby league again. I wonder how many rl coaches have failed early in their careers and come back successfully later. probably worth a thread of its own.
That was my point but you put it far more eloquently. :D

takethetwo
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by takethetwo » 20 Jan 2017, 17:07

I've had £200 on Top 4 at 5/2
£20 Eden top try scorer 25/1
And Cas League Leaders Shield £50 at 12/1

That's me done , spent far more than I anticipated . :-#

Freeloader
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Freeloader » 21 Jan 2017, 01:34

JINJER wrote: wasn't DP moved aside at Leeds after a poor run?
Nothing like that.
After taking Leeds to their highest league position since Alan Hardisty captained them in 1972 and losing by 2 points in the challenge cup final vs Bradford, along with a narrow Elimination final loss to Wigan, they announced the signing of Aussie Tony Smith.
He was director of rugby for a while before taking Leeds Tykes in 2005.

http://www.therhinos.co.uk/club/history ... IKpAPFFB0o

43s flyer
League One Player
League One Player

Post by 43s flyer » 21 Jan 2017, 03:40

I can remember it well, seeing D.Ps face on tv was gut wrenching could not understand why they did this. knocked him back for a while, but he now is showing his full potential.

jackknife
Verified

Post by jackknife » 21 Jan 2017, 08:46

Cas top 4 finish, eden top try scorer and gales top points scorer 20/1

Eden down to 10/1 for top try scorer now n even Minikin is down to 15/1 wish id got on them before the big drop in price
CLASSY CAS FOREVER

WF10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by WF10 » 21 Jan 2017, 10:25

I'm on us top 4 @ 3s.
Eden top try scorer e/w @ 25s.
Minikin top try scorer e/w @ 100.

Plus Gale & Chase MOS. Can't remember the odds of those though.
removed post it again and you will join them on a 48 hour ban read the AUP

Tigerade
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Tigerade » 21 Jan 2017, 10:45

Hardaker for MOS looks like a good bet.