Strange

General Chit-Chat is in here... New Members are invited to pop in and say hello!
da_jimbob_7
League One Player
League One Player
Twitter: Jimmothylad

Post by da_jimbob_7 » 07 Sep 2006, 12:23

Sarsons vinegar on my mashed potatoe

Long live the Tigers!!!

Bonzo
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Bonzo » 07 Sep 2006, 13:45

normylad wrote:
Bonzo wrote:
babs wrote:
Bonzo wrote:
Bonzo wrote:Russian Kippers. Yummy! :D
FINE! Don't anybody ask me what they are then! :evil:

Kippers from russia..... :smt102 ..... ;-)
Nope!

It's a random name that we gave to something really simple that we usually have for supper when camping, to confuse the Cubs and Scouts. The truth of it is though, that every Scout that comes out of our group loves them, even though when they first experience them, they think it's fish!

A Russian Kipper is a jam sandwich dipped in pancake mix and fried. I introduced them to the other Cub leaders in the District on a camp a few months ago and they all said that they were just wrong and disgusting and nobody would eat them. Pretty much all 70 of the Cubs there tried, and liked them!

There are also variations. Cheese Dreams are the same but with a cheese sandwich filling; and Jamaican Kippers contain a chocolate and banana filling.
I want some!

:P :P :D
Well the recipe's simple enough, go make some! Make sure there's plenty of oil in the frying pan though!
"Mr Underwood, You are truly a master of the mysteries that are not revealed to us mere mortals."

Sigon
Championship Player
Championship Player
Twitter: @nogis

Post by Sigon » 07 Sep 2006, 15:09

Bonzo wrote:
normylad wrote:
Bonzo wrote:
babs wrote:
Bonzo wrote: FINE! Don't anybody ask me what they are then! :evil:

Kippers from russia..... :smt102 ..... ;-)
Nope!

It's a random name that we gave to something really simple that we usually have for supper when camping, to confuse the Cubs and Scouts. The truth of it is though, that every Scout that comes out of our group loves them, even though when they first experience them, they think it's fish!

A Russian Kipper is a jam sandwich dipped in pancake mix and fried. I introduced them to the other Cub leaders in the District on a camp a few months ago and they all said that they were just wrong and disgusting and nobody would eat them. Pretty much all 70 of the Cubs there tried, and liked them!

There are also variations. Cheese Dreams are the same but with a cheese sandwich filling; and Jamaican Kippers contain a chocolate and banana filling.
I want some!

:P :P :D
Well the recipe's simple enough, go make some! Make sure there's plenty of oil in the frying pan though!
I guess this was not included in the Jamie Oliver campaign about healthy food for kids..
Casforum is a non-profit website. We rely on donations and forum advertising to keep the site alive. If you'd like to donate please contact any administrator. In return we'll give you a shiny new forum rank!

Bonzo
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Bonzo » 08 Sep 2006, 09:45

Sigon wrote:I guess this was not included in the Jamie Oliver campaign about healthy food for kids..
No that was in schools. The old theory applies - they go to school because they have to, they go to Scouts because they want to.

That said we've taken advice from a nutritionist on what we feed them and in general, the meals they get at camp are really healthy, and they eat them too, despite some parents warning us that they probably won't. You do get the odd really fussy one though - like the one we have who only eats tuna on toast, cheese and onion crisps with ice cream. :shock:
"Mr Underwood, You are truly a master of the mysteries that are not revealed to us mere mortals."

Amy
Championship Player
Championship Player
Twitter: AmyBecca88

Post by Amy » 08 Sep 2006, 12:31

Normy Knight wrote:
BigMama wrote:Ye in our house we go through a jumbo size tomatoe ketchup a week with amy,she has it on all food in fact there is more sauce on her plate than food when shes done.
i remember when i was a kid my mum used to buy tomatoe sausages and my sister used to eat them raw.While i used to have fruit with carnation milk and dip a slice of bread and butter in it. :lol:
Is Amy trying to tell you something there Karen :-D anyways I love red sauce sarnies and lemon curd ones.
that I like tomato sauce? :roll:
~*~ Amy Loves Riley ~*~
CasForum's Happiest Couple
CasForum's Sexiest Female

Adam
Verified
Championship Player
Championship Player
Twitter: @yorkscoaster

Post by Adam » 08 Sep 2006, 12:33

#1pryce-fan wrote:
Normy Knight wrote:
BigMama wrote:Ye in our house we go through a jumbo size tomatoe ketchup a week with amy,she has it on all food in fact there is more sauce on her plate than food when shes done.
i remember when i was a kid my mum used to buy tomatoe sausages and my sister used to eat them raw.While i used to have fruit with carnation milk and dip a slice of bread and butter in it. :lol:
Is Amy trying to tell you something there Karen :-D anyways I love red sauce sarnies and lemon curd ones.
that your using it to mask the taste of your mums food :oops: :oops:

BigMama
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by BigMama » 08 Sep 2006, 23:05

Adam wrote:
#1pryce-fan wrote:
Normy Knight wrote:
that your using it to mask the taste of your mums food :oops: :oops:
Noooooooo she doesnt have it on a cooked dinner,But has it on morrisons cheese n onion rolls[that are full of fat i keep telling her]AND any thing that i dont cook.So amz loves my cooking.[dont you amz ;-) :-k