Formula One

Exactly what it says on the tin...
GThornton
League One Player
League One Player

Post by GThornton » 19 Jun 2009, 06:31

Have you read about some of the F1 teams wanting to form a breakaway competition in 2010.

Sigon
Championship Player
Championship Player
Twitter: @nogis

Post by Sigon » 19 Jun 2009, 07:48

GThornton wrote:Have you read about some of the F1 teams wanting to form a breakaway competition in 2010.
BBC link
Casforum is a non-profit website. We rely on donations and forum advertising to keep the site alive. If you'd like to donate please contact any administrator. In return we'll give you a shiny new forum rank!

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 19 Jun 2009, 12:54

Very interesting analogy used by the BBC in a news report this morning. It's a game of poker with a huge pot in the middle. The breakaway element have an ace in their hand with one already on the table.

The question is, what do FIA have in their and are they brave enough not to fold?
Spreading the Cas gene pool

Sigon
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Sigon » 19 Jun 2009, 17:26

Flat Capper wrote:Very interesting analogy used by the BBC in a news report this morning. It's a game of poker with a huge pot in the middle. The breakaway element have an ace in their hand with one already on the table.

The question is, what do FIA have in their and are they brave enough not to fold?
Also is there pressure from the countries that host Grand Prix to get it sorted quickly. Can you image the italian Grand Prix with out Ferrari?
Casforum is a non-profit website. We rely on donations and forum advertising to keep the site alive. If you'd like to donate please contact any administrator. In return we'll give you a shiny new forum rank!

Sigon
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Sigon » 09 Jul 2009, 00:01

Sigon
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Sigon » 26 Jul 2009, 18:47

Hamilton wins Hungarian Grand Prix Link

Renault banned from European Grand Prix Link

-Daz-
League One Player
League One Player

Post by -Daz- » 16 Mar 2010, 02:02

Bahrain GP was a total damp squib.

Quite appropriate having Schumacher back because I've not been as bored since he was winning nearly every race at a stroll.

Stop farting about with the rules, last few years have been the most exciting for a long time.

Bonzo
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Bonzo » 16 Mar 2010, 12:44

-Daz- wrote:Bahrain GP was a total damp squib.

Quite appropriate having Schumacher back because I've not been as bored since he was winning nearly every race at a stroll.

Stop farting about with the rules, last few years have been the most exciting for a long time.
I haven't seen the highlights from Bahrain yet as I was in France for one reason or another at the weekend. I actually think this could turn out to be quite an exciting season with a couple of new teams having joined; and there being four World Champions on the grid. It'll probably take teams a little while to get used to the no refuelling rule but at least that's going to force the drivers to take it to the track rather than a tactical win using pit stops.
"Mr Underwood, You are truly a master of the mysteries that are not revealed to us mere mortals."

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 16 Mar 2010, 13:37

I'm not sure Bahrain will be a good example of things to come. The new, tight, corners have brought in a length of track requiring 2/3 gears so slow speeds were paramount. This will have reduced oportunities for drivers to really race each other and of course, overtake.

It was more a question of drivers v circuit rather than driver v driver.

Some of the quicker circuits may produce a better race.
Spreading the Cas gene pool

Bonzo
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Bonzo » 17 Mar 2010, 12:23

Flat Capper wrote:

I'm not sure Bahrain will be a good example of things to come. The new, tight, corners have brought in a length of track requiring 2/3 gears so slow speeds were paramount. This will have reduced oportunities for drivers to really race each other and of course, overtake.

It was more a question of drivers v circuit rather than driver v driver.

Some of the quicker circuits may produce a better race.
Yep - bring on 29th August!
"Mr Underwood, You are truly a master of the mysteries that are not revealed to us mere mortals."

-Daz-
League One Player
League One Player

Post by -Daz- » 28 Mar 2010, 12:56

Well I'm happy to concede you were indeed correct, Bonzo & Flat Capper.

Australian GP was much more like it in terms of entertainment.

Sigon
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Sigon » 16 Apr 2010, 22:07

Video of Buemi's crash from Practice this morning.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsp ... 624276.stm