The Latest Leeds United Thread.

Exactly what it says on the tin...
Normy Knight
Championship Player
Championship Player

The Latest Leeds United Thread.

Post by Normy Knight » 23 Dec 2008, 08:34

Clean sheet, lets start all over again.
Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.
http://www.normantonknights.co.uk

alftupper
League One Player
League One Player

Post by alftupper » 23 Dec 2008, 09:50

how about Paul Ince? he has a track record of making unfashionable provincial clubs competitive in the lower football leagues.

Rich_1
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Rich_1 » 23 Dec 2008, 12:16

Well, I'd have expected you to be aiming a bit higher. Maybe someone with Premiership experience or at least very being well on their way there. I know Boothroyd got booted out of Watford not long since, but before then he was the next big thing. Would you not prefer someone like that who's meant to be a top man manager?

As for Grayson, a win % of 37% in the lower leagues..........has he shown enough that with a few quid he could do the business?
To be honest we have to be realistic. Is a manager with premiership experience really going to want to drop down here?

Boothroyd was my first choice when i heard Mac had gone but apparently he ruled himself out yesterday as he needs more time out of the game.

I think for the position we are in Grayson would be a great choice. IMO he has done an absolutely fantastic job at Blackpool and the 37% win record is deceiving when looking at his abillity IMO.

He took over at Blackpool with them very much in danger of relegation to League 2. He turned them around on an unbelievably small budget and got them promoted from League One. They are now 16th in the Championship in their second season which doesn't sound that amazing on the face of it but they have one of the smallest attendances and easily one of, if not the lowest budget in the Championship yet they look like they will survive comfortably again.

He has the experience of getting out of this Division on a much, much tighter budget and its about chuffing time we appointed a manager that has already proven himself rather than continuing to bring in unproven coaches who have done nothing in the game. Thats why i would be absolutely fuming if we appoint someone like Poyet again as the cheap option.

For me, in the situation we are in Grayson is the best candidate for the job alongside Billy Davies and i would be delighted with either of them.

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 23 Dec 2008, 13:13

Roy Keane's available... ;)

Seriously though, Leeds seem to be stuck between a rock and a hard place as any good managers are likely to want to stay in the Championship at the very least. Add the that the likelyhood of Leeds getting in a psotion to push for promotion and it could be another year in League One for the lucky manager that gets what is fast becoming a poisoned chalice.

Just out of interest, do all you Leeds fans think any ex-player has made a successfull transition to manager at Elland Road?
Spreading the Cas gene pool

Rich_1
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Rich_1 » 23 Dec 2008, 13:40

CONFIRMED!

Very pleased :D Well done Mr Bates 8)

FINALLY one of the best candidates for the job rather than the cheap option, i.e Blackwell, Wise, Mac.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 23 Dec 2008, 16:29

Rich_1 wrote:CONFIRMED!

FINALLY one of the best candidates for the job rather than the cheap option, i.e Blackwell, Wise, Mac.
Message from dave, you told him the only person you wanted was Gus. Apparantly you told him that at the party friday night. ;)

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 23 Dec 2008, 16:42

Hope you've got enough cash to spare to pay the compo?
Spreading the Cas gene pool

Rich_1
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Rich_1 » 23 Dec 2008, 19:18

old cas lass wrote:

Message from dave, you told him the only person you wanted was Gus. Apparantly you told him that at the party friday night. ;)
If i told him that i must have had a drink or had not thought it through cos i was selling my season ticket if he got it!

Mr XP
League One Player
League One Player
Twitter: @nathastbury

Post by Mr XP » 24 Dec 2008, 08:49

At least mr bates did the sensible thing of getting rid of the muppet staunton(check my posts when he got the job, i said leeds would struggle with him involved in the set up) at least i have made a pretty penny backing most teams that leeds have played this season at fantastic odds (5/1, 9/2 10/1, 11/2....ect) :D

Castleford tigers Irish supporters branch

fenton
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: AFenton90

Post by fenton » 27 Dec 2008, 01:33

Steady, to answer your q in the cas part, we got a decent draw against Leicester :P

Sigon
Championship Player
Championship Player
Twitter: @nogis

Post by Sigon » 27 Dec 2008, 09:31

So what is the problem at Leeds? We can all see the results every week and hear from the fans about concentrating on the league. When is this going to start?
Casforum is a non-profit website. We rely on donations and forum advertising to keep the site alive. If you'd like to donate please contact any administrator. In return we'll give you a shiny new forum rank!

fenton
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by fenton » 27 Dec 2008, 12:46

Sigon wrote:So what is the problem at Leeds? We can all see the results every week and hear from the fans about concentrating on the league. When is this going to start?
A 1-1 draw against the best team in the division is a good start for the new managers first game? :?

Its rather surprising that most Leeds fans expected a loss, but all non leeds fans expected a 4-0 win for leeds. :lol: :lol:

Sigon
Championship Player
Championship Player
Twitter: @nogis

Post by Sigon » 27 Dec 2008, 14:50

fenton wrote:
Sigon wrote:So what is the problem at Leeds? We can all see the results every week and hear from the fans about concentrating on the league. When is this going to start?
A 1-1 draw against the best team in the division is a good start for the new managers first game? :?

Its rather surprising that most Leeds fans expected a loss, but all non leeds fans expected a 4-0 win for leeds. :lol: :lol:
I thought Leeds have not won a games for months. Draw will only leave you mid-table and another year in League 1. Will the change of coach work or will the background legal arguement with Blackpool get in the way?
Casforum is a non-profit website. We rely on donations and forum advertising to keep the site alive. If you'd like to donate please contact any administrator. In return we'll give you a shiny new forum rank!

fenton
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by fenton » 28 Dec 2008, 00:43

Sigon wrote:
fenton wrote:

I thought Leeds have not won a games for months. Draw will only leave you mid-table and another year in League 1. Will the change of coach work or will the background legal arguement with Blackpool get in the way?
So far the current manager has done a better job than Garry Mc did.
The confidence from the leeds players after scoring a late min goal will be a great influence.
My prediction is that we'll win our next two away games, but then possibly have a loss at home after that, but then i think they'll be a big push, and we'll make the play offs.

Theres talk of big signings in january and to be honest i think he will bring in alot of players.

ten
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by ten » 28 Dec 2008, 01:04

Sigon wrote:
fenton wrote:

Give the new manager a chance and you'll be sure to find out.

marshman
League One Player
League One Player

Post by marshman » 28 Dec 2008, 09:19

I find it funny that Garforth Town can attract bigger name players than Leeds United. :lol: :lol: :lol:

fenton
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by fenton » 28 Dec 2008, 13:08

marshman wrote:I find it funny that Garforth Town can attract bigger name players than Leeds United. :lol: :lol: :lol:
He's a big name yes, but come on if you still think Cafu is good enough for pro football you must be out of your mind. :shock:

Fully
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Fully » 28 Dec 2008, 13:22

I thought it was Socrates that Garforth Town had signed?
--------------------------------------------------------
ACCOUNT CLOSED WITH OWNERS PERMISSION

fenton
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by fenton » 28 Dec 2008, 13:25

Fully wrote:I thought it was Socrates that Garforth Town had signed?
They are getting Cafu too.

Its all to do with the Brazilian soccer school they have.

Fully
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Fully » 28 Dec 2008, 13:29

Ahhh. :D Garforth Town must be rich then. Imagine the shirt sales.
--------------------------------------------------------
ACCOUNT CLOSED WITH OWNERS PERMISSION