Exactly what it says on the tin...
Sigon
Championship Player
Championship Player
Twitter: @nogis

PDC Darts

Post by Sigon » 05 Jan 2009, 00:05

The Power makes it 14

The atmosphere looks like it beats football easily. :)
Casforum is a non-profit website. We rely on donations and forum advertising to keep the site alive. If you'd like to donate please contact any administrator. In return we'll give you a shiny new forum rank!

fenton
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: AFenton90

Post by fenton » 05 Jan 2009, 00:30

Id rather stick pins in my eyes than watch some fat blokes drink a few pints and throw some darts.

Pretty sure id find that down at my local.

How that comes under the word sports il never know.

dettoriman
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: Dettoriman

Post by dettoriman » 05 Jan 2009, 00:54

fenton wrote:Id rather stick pins in my eyes than watch some fat blokes drink a few pints and throw some darts.

I disagree completely, Its all about the skill factor and to throw darts as accurately as they do is incredible

I cannot believe this guy hasnt come up for the queens honours, How many other sportsmen are 14 times world champions ? And this guy is playing better than ever, He smashed his own record today for 3 dart average at 109.75, There arent many players out there who could get within 5 points of that, IF ANY

Its almost as big an injustice as Tony Mccoy in horseracing, He has won the last 13 jockey championships, Smashed all of the records for winners in the books and the only thing he has yet to acheive is the National
Loyalty Costs Nothing !

Wicksy
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Wicksy » 05 Jan 2009, 01:01

fenton wrote:Id rather stick pins in my eyes than watch some fat blokes drink a few pints and throw some darts.

Fents you could say that about any sports mate .

Football . Grown men diving round the field because someone almost kicked them .

Tennis . Wacking a small ball as hard as you can to each other .

Swimming . Doing the doggy paddle faster than someone else .

Sumo . Ice hockey . The list is endless mate . ;)

Darts may not have the physical needs of other sports but practice and skill are two for sure .

Maybe they don't want to stand down because they want to rectify the mistakes they've made in seasons gone by.

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 05 Jan 2009, 02:57

I'm afraid young man that shows how ignorant you are about so many things.

Oh and for the record, they do not drink on stage during professional tournaments, water only. Something else you couldn't understand. :roll:
Spreading the Cas gene pool

Parky
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Parky » 05 Jan 2009, 19:12

dettoriman wrote:

I disagree completely, Its all about the skill factor and to throw darts as accurately as they do is incredible

I cannot believe this guy hasnt come up for the queens honours, How many other sportsmen are 14 times world champions ? And this guy is playing better than ever, He smashed his own record today for 3 dart average at 109.75, There arent many players out there who could get within 5 points of that, IF ANY

Its almost as big an injustice as Tony Mccoy in horseracing, He has won the last 13 jockey championships, Smashed all of the records for winners in the books and the only thing he has yet to acheive is the National
He's Irish isn't he? And therefore wouldn't qualify for any honours
Furguson, are you listening
Keep the Premiership glistening
Cos when we play you in May
We'll take it away
We're walking in a City wonderland

Mr XP
League One Player
League One Player
Twitter: @nathastbury

Post by Mr XP » 05 Jan 2009, 20:45

Parky wrote:
dettoriman wrote:

He's Irish isn't he? And therefore wouldn't qualify for any honours
Didnt Bono recieve a knighthood or similar, he just cant be called sir i think...either way he is still oirish

Castleford tigers Irish supporters branch

alftupper
League One Player
League One Player

Post by alftupper » 05 Jan 2009, 21:38

one or two people on here really do talk ill-informed rubbish. Ironically I would guess that so called 'proper sportsmen' like Rugby and Soccer players go through more ale and worse than your average chucker.

To address the earlier question about how Taylor has never been honoured by the Queen - he has or should I say he was going to be.

A few years ago 'The Power' was nominated for an MBE but prior to it being awarded he was found guilty of a sexual assault and the gong was withdrawn.

Cleaned up - Sigon

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 06 Jan 2009, 12:54

darts.........a sport for men!!!

Must say though, when they were drinking 10 pints a match it was fun trying to keep up with them. Bring back Bristow et al.

Bone!
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Bone! » 06 Jan 2009, 22:15

Sorry Fenton.

Darts is fantastic IMO, I love watching it and would absolutley Love to go and watch it.

Phil Taylor is absolutley immense, Barneveld is good but Taylor is something else. I hate to say but He;s like the Christiano Ronaldo of football.

Its exciting and just a very skillfull and patient game. IMO its up there with one of the best sports in the world.

Another game I love to watch, can't play it for my life would be - SNOOKER. IMO that is brilliant, I love to watch that, ok the atmosphere is nothing much but just watching it and admiring their skill is enough for me to love that game. I get called sad for watching that, but its brill!
.............................I

dettoriman
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by dettoriman » 06 Jan 2009, 23:46

Bone! wrote:Sorry Fenton.

Darts is fantastic IMO, I love watching it and would absolutley Love to go and watch it.

Phil Taylor is absolutley immense, Barneveld is good but Taylor is something else. I hate to say but He;s like the Christiano Ronaldo of football.

Its exciting and just a very skillfull and patient game. IMO its up there with one of the best sports in the world.

Another game I love to watch, can't play it for my life would be - SNOOKER. IMO that is brilliant, I love to watch that, ok the atmosphere is nothing much but just watching it and admiring their skill is enough for me to love that game. I get called sad for watching that, but its brill!
Mate i am the same as you, And i am trying to get tickets for the Premier League later in the year so let me know if you want to go to the darts and i will look again.

As for snooker i also love watching that on the box, I wouldnt ever want to go as i couldnt be quiet for so long, But i watch it all the time on tele
Loyalty Costs Nothing !

Bone!
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Bone! » 08 Jan 2009, 22:19

you'll struggle to get tickets mate, but if so then count me in definatley!

dettoriman
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by dettoriman » 08 Jan 2009, 22:48

Bone! wrote:you'll struggle to get tickets mate, but if so then count me in definatley!
Well i will have a look and see what i can do, Although were booking a few months too late probably, I am tempted just to book for the last 2 or 3 days of next years world championships, And stay the weekend in blackpool lol
Loyalty Costs Nothing !

Amy
Championship Player
Championship Player
Twitter: AmyBecca88

Post by Amy » 09 Jan 2009, 18:09

Me and Craig want to go, just to sing n dance to the music after each set or watever lol.

de de de der de de de der oy oy oy :lol:
~*~ Amy Loves Riley ~*~
CasForum's Happiest Couple
CasForum's Sexiest Female

Bone!
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Bone! » 09 Jan 2009, 21:16

If your wanting to do something like the Lakeside then your talking a 5 year waiting list or so i believe.

Steadman_4_PM
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Steadman_4_PM » 09 Jan 2009, 21:51

Bone! wrote:If your wanting to do something like the Lakeside then your talking a 5 year waiting list or so i believe.
Usually the PDC events put their tickets on sale the day after the world champs finish, but the Premier League ones went on sale a while back.

I checked today and there's some seats in the 'family area' for the MEN Premier League, but doubt that suited to you. ;)

Probably you're best bet for PDC tickets is the UK Open at Bolton. Its only 100 yards from where I work so I've been over on the day a few times and got tickets, although the evening sessions are normally sold out well in advance.
Adrian Flynn's career low was playing for Featherstone - "Horrible Supporters"

Amy
Championship Player
Championship Player
Twitter: AmyBecca88

Post by Amy » 09 Jan 2009, 22:09

This might sound really blonde, but:

In the Premier League darts n championships etc, do you know whos on what night?

Id only want to go when 'The Power' was on.
~*~ Amy Loves Riley ~*~
CasForum's Happiest Couple
CasForum's Sexiest Female

alftupper
League One Player
League One Player

Post by alftupper » 09 Jan 2009, 22:51

Bone! wrote:If your wanting to do something like the Lakeside then your talking a 5 year waiting list or so i believe.
probably because it is viewed by many as the true World Championship of darts.

I was watching the later stages of the SKY/PDC event the other week - maybe the quarter finals and the commentator stated there was still tickets available for the following day.

dettoriman
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by dettoriman » 09 Jan 2009, 23:50

Amy wrote:Me and Craig want to go, just to sing n dance to the music after each set or watever lol.

de de de der de de de der oy oy oy :lol:
Done deal then, Thats 4 of us lol

And thats the reason its great to go, You will be too drunk to see the darts but it will be a right laugh
Loyalty Costs Nothing !

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 10 Jan 2009, 01:56

Well if anyone's interested, I'll be playing for my local at the Robin Hood in Ponte next Weds in a league match.

With plenty of room there's no wait for tickets and a great view of the 'action'.
Spreading the Cas gene pool