Exactly what it says on the tin...
the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Re: Olympics - London2012

Post by the machine » 05 Aug 2012, 13:57

alftupper wrote:
the machine wrote: who cares,he runs in the british colours and thats all that matters
i think you'll find plenty of people have reservations, it's laughable when Cram and co go on about how the Europeans have taken on the africans and beaten them.
well its nice to see that you dont just limit your negativity to rugby league

whats your reservations about wiggins,froome,hindes amd the england cricket team???
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

alftupper
League One Player
League One Player

Post by alftupper » 05 Aug 2012, 15:09

the machine wrote:
alftupper wrote:
the machine wrote: who cares,he runs in the british colours and thats all that matters
i think you'll find plenty of people have reservations, it's laughable when Cram and co go on about how the Europeans have taken on the africans and beaten them.

whats your reservations about wiggins,froome,hindes amd the england cricket team???
it's never as easy as black and white and each individual has to be taken on their own qualifying merits:-

the England cricket team so called is nothing but an ECB invitational 11 too many saffers to be taken seriously a complete joke.

Froome was born and raised in Africa and rode for Kenya as recently as 2009 therefore is not British in my book.

Hindes has a British father but was born and raised in Germany and competed for Germany as recently as 2010 speaks pigeon English and probably still sings deutchlandlied in the shower every morning - not British in my view.

Wiggins born in Belgium where is father was a professional cyclist but raised in London and has always competed for Britain - British in my view.

Matt
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @invmatt

Post by Matt » 05 Aug 2012, 17:46

He's been in the country since he was 8. Just because he wasn't born here it doesn't make him any less British.
For website related issues or queries please contact the admin account as I no longer own or maintain Casforum.

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by the machine » 05 Aug 2012, 19:26

alftupper wrote:
the machine wrote:

it's never as easy as black and white and each individual has to be taken on their own qualifying merits:-

the England cricket team so called is nothing but an ECB invitational 11 too many saffers to be taken seriously a complete joke.

Froome was born and raised in Africa and rode for Kenya as recently as 2009 therefore is not British in my book.

Hindes has a British father but was born and raised in Germany and competed for Germany as recently as 2010 speaks pigeon English and probably still sings deutchlandlied in the shower every morning - not British in my view.

Wiggins born in Belgium where is father was a professional cyclist but raised in London and has always competed for Britain - British in my view.
at least your consistant,thanks for the answers and i can see where ya coming from but for me if there willing to put on the british colours and play for the country then that is fine by me
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by the machine » 05 Aug 2012, 22:23

bolt in 9.63 WOW!

Michael Jordan

alftupper
League One Player
League One Player

Post by alftupper » 05 Aug 2012, 22:53

the machine wrote:bolt in 9.63 WOW!
Great result for a true legend just a shame Gatlin will stain the podium with his presence would have been nice to have seen Gay up there. Came across British hope Yasime Aldama in the trile jump earlier who having represented both Cuba and Sudan in previous Olympics is probably right up matt's street

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by the machine » 05 Aug 2012, 23:07

alftupper wrote:
the machine wrote:bolt in 9.63 WOW!
Great result for a true legend just a shame Gatlin will stain the podium with his presence would have been nice to have seen Gay up there. Came across British hope Yasime Aldama in the trile jump earlier who having represented both Cuba and Sudan in previous Olympics is probably right up matt's street
ye dont think michael johnson was right happy gatlin made podium

Michael Jordan

cvtiger
Academy Player
Academy Player
Location: ...waiting at the gates to the promised land, that being Glasshoughton.....well near to there now.

Post by cvtiger » 05 Aug 2012, 23:25

Been lucky enough to spend last week in London at the games. Picked up sensibly priced tickets for 7 events ( still got 3 to go and am heading back tomorrow), and got along to the road race and the individual persuit as well.
I have nothing but praise for the whole event, well organised, friendly and very good fun. The buzz is there and it's been great to be part of it.
‘What words of wisdom will Dennis share this time...?'

Matt
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Matt » 06 Aug 2012, 15:04

cvtiger wrote:Been lucky enough to spend last week in London at the games. Picked up sensibly priced tickets for 7 events ( still got 3 to go and am heading back tomorrow), and got along to the road race and the individual persuit as well.
I have nothing but praise for the whole event, well organised, friendly and very good fun. The buzz is there and it's been great to be part of it.
7 events :shock: I applied for 9 and didn't get one ticket!

I've loved every minute of the Olympics so far and the coverage provided by the BBC puts every other country to shame, if anyone moans about the license fee this year they're nuts.
For website related issues or queries please contact the admin account as I no longer own or maintain Casforum.

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by the machine » 06 Aug 2012, 15:44

Matt wrote:
cvtiger wrote:Been lucky enough to spend last week in London at the games. Picked up sensibly priced tickets for 7 events ( still got 3 to go and am heading back tomorrow), and got along to the road race and the individual persuit as well.

I've loved every minute of the Olympics so far and the coverage provided by the BBC puts every other country to shame, if anyone moans about the license fee this year they're nuts.
some people are just never happy though

well done beth on britains first ever medal for a female in a solo gymnastics event

hope dai greene rips it up later,kristian thomas too

Michael Jordan

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by the machine » 06 Aug 2012, 18:37

and the golds just keep rolling in...

Michael Jordan

alftupper
League One Player
League One Player

Post by alftupper » 06 Aug 2012, 19:35

Matt wrote:

BBC's coverage has been mixed for me ok you can't fault the blanket coverage where nothing is missed thanks to the red button, but interspersed amongst the excellent pundits Thorpe, Boardman, Johnson we have to suffer the likes of Smirking Lineker, Irritating Inverdale and Why Aye Man Baker.

what about the idiot from South Milford who was arrested for throwing a beer bottle at the start of the mens 100m final

Matt
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Matt » 15 Aug 2012, 13:23

Well I missed out on the Olympics but but I've got Paralympic tickets for the opening ceremony, excel day pass and wheelchair rugby (if you've never seen it give it a chance - it's legal murderball!)

da_jimbob_7
League One Player
League One Player
Twitter: Jimmothylad

Post by da_jimbob_7 » 15 Aug 2012, 14:42

Hope the Paralympics gets as much coverage as the Olympics. Looking forward to watching them once they start!!!

Long live the Tigers!!!

Sigon
Championship Player
Championship Player
Twitter: @nogis

Post by Sigon » 15 Aug 2012, 19:17

da_jimbob_7 wrote:Hope the Paralympics gets as much coverage as the Olympics. Looking forward to watching them once they start!!!
They are on Channel 4 so I don't think they will get the 24 HD channels on Satellite TV. We shall see what they give us.
Casforum is a non-profit website. We rely on donations and forum advertising to keep the site alive. If you'd like to donate please contact any administrator. In return we'll give you a shiny new forum rank!

alftupper
League One Player
League One Player

Post by alftupper » 15 Aug 2012, 20:01

although i admire the concept i have to admit i've no interest in the paralympics whatsoever and can't see me watching any of it, the next must watch sporting event in the calander is the Ryder Cup for me.

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by the machine » 15 Aug 2012, 20:36

alftupper wrote:although i admire the concept i have to admit i've no interest in the paralympics whatsoever and can't see me watching any of it, the next must watch sporting event in the calander is the Ryder Cup for me.
definitely agree with the ryder cup,hoping g-mac and co do the business again

Michael Jordan

Matt
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Matt » 15 Aug 2012, 21:38

Sigon wrote:
da_jimbob_7 wrote:Hope the Paralympics gets as much coverage as the Olympics. Looking forward to watching them once they start!!!
They are on Channel 4 so I don't think they will get the 24 HD channels on Satellite TV. We shall see what they give us.
C4 are offering 4SD and 4HD channels and online live streaming.

tongo
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by tongo » 17 Aug 2012, 14:01

the paraolympics is far more impressive if you ask me. What these athletes have been through is amazing deffinatley deserves a lot of coverage and i will be watching in owe of what these amazing people can do

Casforum Rugby Predictions Championship Grand Final Champion 2012

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by the machine » 17 Aug 2012, 16:23

tongo wrote:the paraolympics is far more impressive if you ask me. What these athletes have been through is amazing deffinatley deserves a lot of coverage and i will be watching in owe of what these amazing people can do
well said :clap: :clap: :clap:

Michael Jordan