NFL

Exactly what it says on the tin...
the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

NFL

Post by the machine » 20 Aug 2012, 20:58

Anyone on here a fan of american football??

whos your team,fav player etc.
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

big-fish89
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: NFL

Post by big-fish89 » 20 Aug 2012, 23:33

I'm into it i suport miami and have had the pleasure of going over to watch them play at their home stadium
BLEEDING BLACK AND AMBER SINCE 1989
LOYAL LOUD AND PROUD
2O12 CHALLENGE CUP FORUM PREDICTIONS WINNER
OUR CAS OUR CLUB OUR COMMITMENT

legionited
League One Player
League One Player

Post by legionited » 21 Aug 2012, 11:44

Never been a huge fan but found myself watching it quite a bit last season and usually watch the Super Bowl. Gonna get into it this year and have decided to follow the Seahawks.

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by the machine » 21 Aug 2012, 14:12

big-fish89 wrote:I'm into it i suport miami and have had the pleasure of going over to watch them play at their home stadium
my mate is a big dolphins fan,his uncle lives in miami and he goes over every december and gets to some games,he got me into it about 6/7 years ago and got me following the pats so he had a rival and someone to have banter with,managed to get to couple of games at wembley and hoping to go this year to watch pats against the rams

also started watching the college football quite regurlarly aswell too lol
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

tongo
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by tongo » 21 Aug 2012, 22:47

Love it, great sport, i know some people don't but into the time scale it takes, but its a sport that takes so much athletisism and metal toughness. I couldnt ever remember the playbook the way they do.

First super Bowl i watched featured the patriots and because they had England in the name i followed them. Going to the international series to watch them vs the rams, looking forward to seeing Brady.

Anyone play fatansy football? something ive had a look at but they take it very serious on some sites lol

Casforum Rugby Predictions Championship Grand Final Champion 2012

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by the machine » 21 Aug 2012, 23:07

tongo wrote:Love it, great sport, i know some people don't but into the time scale it takes, but its a sport that takes so much athletisism and metal toughness. I couldnt ever remember the playbook the way they do.

First super Bowl i watched featured the patriots and because they had England in the name i followed them. Going to the international series to watch them vs the rams, looking forward to seeing Brady.

Anyone play fatansy football? something ive had a look at but they take it very serious on some sites lol
looked at the fantasy football side of it but looks far too complicated lol

Michael Jordan

tongo
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by tongo » 22 Aug 2012, 00:43

the machine wrote:
tongo wrote:Love it, great sport, i know some people don't but into the time scale it takes, but its a sport that takes so much athletisism and metal toughness. I couldnt ever remember the playbook the way they do.

looked at the fantasy football side of it but looks far too complicated lol
Yeah i gave it a look and gave in fairly quickly. They do the draft and everything. they even have magazines and stuff about fantasy football on its own lol

fenton
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: AFenton90

Post by fenton » 22 Aug 2012, 13:45

I love it. I follow Tampa Bay. Only because my gran and grandad lived out there for 11 years and I used to go every other year.

Didn't get chance to see them at Wembley unfortunatley and doubt I will be going back to Florida anytime soon.

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by the machine » 22 Aug 2012, 17:01

fenton wrote:I love it. I follow Tampa Bay. Only because my gran and grandad lived out there for 11 years and I used to go every other year.

Didn't get chance to see them at Wembley unfortunatley and doubt I will be going back to Florida anytime soon.
nice one,love nfl cant get enough of it and the superbowl is amazing,yanks really do know how to put on a party and the fact that a billion people watch it is mindblowing

Michael Jordan

tongo
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by tongo » 22 Aug 2012, 17:09

To those that have been to wembley or watched a game in the US whats the atmosphere like?

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by the machine » 22 Aug 2012, 17:20

tongo wrote:To those that have been to wembley or watched a game in the US whats the atmosphere like?
when i watched 49ers vs broncos 2 year ago at wembley it was amazing,everyone in high spirits and all looking forward to the game,loved it when the scores from other games were being broadcast and most of the stadium erupted with cheers when the cowboys were losing :D :D

if you've never been i would definitely recommend you get to a game if possible,a great day out all round

Michael Jordan

tongo
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by tongo » 22 Aug 2012, 18:59

the machine wrote:
tongo wrote:To those that have been to wembley or watched a game in the US whats the atmosphere like?
when i watched 49ers vs broncos 2 year ago at wembley it was amazing,everyone in high spirits and all looking forward to the game,loved it when the scores from other games were being broadcast and most of the stadium erupted with cheers when the cowboys were losing :D :D

if you've never been i would definitely recommend you get to a game if possible,a great day out all round
Im going to wembley this year, so was wondering what its like sounds great, already can't wait for that and the start of the new season.

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by the machine » 22 Aug 2012, 19:05

tongo wrote:
the machine wrote:

Im going to wembley this year, so was wondering what its like sounds great, already can't wait for that and the start of the new season.[/quote

loads of stuff on outside wembley too before the game so you she be well entertained

Michael Jordan

tongo
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by tongo » 22 Aug 2012, 19:09

I was curious if there would be any other events NFL related during the weekend. I hope theres somewhere for merchandise I quite fancy a patriots Jersey

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by the machine » 22 Aug 2012, 19:14

tongo wrote:I was curious if there would be any other events NFL related during the weekend. I hope theres somewhere for merchandise I quite fancy a patriots Jersey
there are stalls on the outside of the stadium that sell every teams jersey,usually only got one player to pick from but still great to be able to hold of one,got 2 patriots ones myself,brady 12 and welker 83 both the blue home jersey,do want a new nike white away one with gronkowski 87 on the back :D :D

Michael Jordan

tongo
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by tongo » 22 Aug 2012, 19:42

How much are the jerseys? looked online, and some prices are ridiculous. Will defo get one with either Brady, Welker, Gronk or henandez.

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by the machine » 22 Aug 2012, 20:16

looking at 50 quid at wembley from one of the stalls

Michael Jordan

tongo
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by tongo » 22 Aug 2012, 22:08

thanks for answering, machine. I went on abit then lol

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by the machine » 23 Aug 2012, 09:13

no problem happy to help

Michael Jordan

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by the machine » 26 Aug 2012, 18:41

tongo wrote:How much are the jerseys? looked online, and some prices are ridiculous. Will defo get one with either Brady, Welker, Gronk or henandez.
forgot to add when you go to wembley there will be seperate stalls that focus just on patriots merchandise so should be able to pick from a big selection of jerseys

Michael Jordan