NFL

Exactly what it says on the tin...
the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Re: NFL

Post by the machine » 10 Sep 2012, 15:11

tongo wrote:quite a few shocks this week, NY Giants and the Packers both losing. Nice routine win for the pats though :D
packers losing to 49ers not massive shock really,2nd best side in the nfc
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

tongo
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by tongo » 10 Sep 2012, 15:58

the machine wrote:
tongo wrote:quite a few shocks this week, NY Giants and the Packers both losing. Nice routine win for the pats though :D
Well not too massive no lol but Packers were favourites, the Redskins beating the Saints was a big suprise.

Casforum Rugby Predictions Championship Grand Final Champion 2012

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by the machine » 10 Sep 2012, 16:18

tongo wrote:
the machine wrote:
Well not too massive no lol but Packers were favourites, the Redskins beating the Saints was a big suprise.
agree there,redskins have new confidence though and saints without there general on the sidelines,cowboys beating giants opening game was a shock
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by the machine » 16 Sep 2012, 20:30

looks like last weeks cardinals victory over seahawks wasnt a fluke,could be a rejuvinated team??? still early

we as usual seem to be having our early season wobble,not convinced yet

Michael Jordan

tongo
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by tongo » 16 Sep 2012, 23:06

Gutted about the Patriots result thought we had nicked it aswell but wasn't to be

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by the machine » 16 Sep 2012, 23:31

tongo wrote:Gutted about the Patriots result thought we had nicked it aswell but wasn't to be
shame it took brady 3 quarters to get in the game,should have usen ridley to run in the 2 pointer,not looking forward to the ravens game next week,probs be 1-2 after that

Michael Jordan

tongo
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by tongo » 16 Sep 2012, 23:54

the machine wrote:
tongo wrote:Gutted about the Patriots result thought we had nicked it aswell but wasn't to be
shame it took brady 3 quarters to get in the game,should have usen ridley to run in the 2 pointer,not looking forward to the ravens game next week,probs be 1-2 after that
Ye the Baltimore Defence will be a test, hopefully Brady will keep the ball in the air, thats what were best at. Welker didn't start today and didnt get many plays last week, hope were not fasing him out.
Gutted about the feild goal, missed by miles.

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by the machine » 17 Sep 2012, 00:05

tongo wrote:
the machine wrote:
Ye the Baltimore Defence will be a test, hopefully Brady will keep the ball in the air, thats what were best at. Welker didn't start today and didnt get many plays last week, hope were not fasing him out.
Gutted about the feild goal, missed by miles.
looking that way regarding welker,if he goes we need to draft a wr in first round next year

one of my faves but rather than letting him go i would rather we traded him for a pick or 2 for next years draft

Michael Jordan

tongo
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by tongo » 17 Sep 2012, 01:17

I like Welker aswell will be a shame to see him go, and ye I think the best option would be to trade him for a few picks. But with Welker Lloyd, Gronk and Hernandez (when he returns from injury) is a gread attacking option, adding Woodhead and Ridley at Running Back, Will take something special to replace Welker though.

legionited
League One Player
League One Player

Post by legionited » 17 Sep 2012, 12:07

the machine wrote:looks like last weeks cardinals victory over seahawks wasnt a fluke,could be a rejuvinated team??? still early

we as usual seem to be having our early season wobble,not convinced yet
Not bad for Arizona to record back to back wins, especially with their QB problems.

Seattle picked up a win over Dallas last night, scored a TD from a punt block early doors and then strangled the Cowboys out of the game with an awesome defensive effort by the sounds of things.

Seems to be a lot of debate as to the legality of this block. Big hit either way though.

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by the machine » 17 Sep 2012, 14:36

nothing wrong with that in my opinion,they have had a massive furore over past couple of years over helmet to helmet collisions/tackles and rightly so but this just look like a monster it

.[/quote]

looking that way regarding welker,if he goes we need to draft a wr in first round next year

one of my faves but rather than letting him go i would rather we traded him for a pick or 2 for next years draft[/quote]

could easily get a first round pick for him,if not then defintiely a 2nd and 3rd,send him to rams they seem to be pick heavy for next years draft lol

Michael Jordan

tongo
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by tongo » 17 Sep 2012, 17:30

There was a player who commited suicide during the off-season, he did it because of the ammount of concussions he had caused some sort of brian damage. There's been a big thing about the helemt contact because of that so more and more teams are having to be careful about concussions and stuff.

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by the machine » 17 Sep 2012, 17:48

tongo wrote:There was a player who commited suicide during the off-season, he did it because of the ammount of concussions he had caused some sort of brian damage. There's been a big thing about the helemt contact because of that so more and more teams are having to be careful about concussions and stuff.
totally agree but that is a monster hit to the chest

i reckon we shud giv plax a call if we trade welker

Michael Jordan

legionited
League One Player
League One Player

Post by legionited » 09 Oct 2012, 13:35

I'm really starting to enjoy the NFL, and have been watching most Sunday games since the season started and as much of the rest as I can.

I was up late watching "that" Seattle touchdown on the BBC when it happened.

Patriots looked good on Sunday.

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by the machine » 09 Oct 2012, 17:08

was a very impressive victory over broncos,shame our defense went to sleep in the last quarter otherwise would of been a bigger victory,was really impressed with our second half against the bills the week before too

loving seeing the packers and saints struggling too

you reckon we will see matt flynn for the seahawks soon???

and tebow time is nearing ever closer....

Michael Jordan

legionited
League One Player
League One Player

Post by legionited » 10 Oct 2012, 12:23

the machine wrote:was a very impressive victory over broncos,shame our defense went to sleep in the last quarter otherwise would of been a bigger victory,was really impressed with our second half against the bills the week before too

loving seeing the packers and saints struggling too

you reckon we will see matt flynn for the seahawks soon???

and tebow time is nearing ever closer....
I think they're going to stick with Russell Wilson to be honest mate, he has shown glimpses of being great but has had a few bad games by all accounts.

Hopefully he'll choose this weekend to have his best game to date. ;) :lol:

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by the machine » 10 Oct 2012, 18:30

I think after this weekend matt flynn will be behind center,wilson will get knocked about and brady gonna have a field day :D lol

Michael Jordan

legionited
League One Player
League One Player

Post by legionited » 10 Oct 2012, 22:08

Best offense vs Best defense. Should make for a good game.

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by the machine » 11 Oct 2012, 09:26

38-17 pats :D

Michael Jordan

tongo
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by tongo » 11 Oct 2012, 14:12

Will be a tough game for the pats but if Brady keeps throwing like he did in the second half of the bills game and the Broncos game then I think we may take it quite easily in the second half, pats just have too many options in attack, which makes up for the poor defence