December Tipping Comp

Exactly what it says on the tin...
takethetwo
Academy Player
Academy Player

December Tipping Comp

Post by takethetwo » 27 Nov 2017, 11:20

Right Guys

Anyone who is interested in joining the tipping competition for December, just leave a comment and I will create the table on the 30th November.

RULES :

Everyone gets £10 per day for their selection.
If your selection involves football accumulators etc try and post a day before so I can see the prices.
Horses and Greyhounds will be worked out at SP.

£5 entry fee which you can transfer straight to the winner at the end of the month or alternatively transfer to me and I will transfer the full amount to the winner.

Half of the prize fund goes to a charity of the winners choice.

If we get quite a few people involved, I can also get a little trophy made just for a bit if fun.

So get involved guys, pass the boredom of the off season and help a good cause at the same time.

WF10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: December Tipping Comp

Post by WF10 » 27 Nov 2017, 11:52

In. Nice one mate.
removed post it again and you will join them on a 48 hour ban read the AUP

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 27 Nov 2017, 12:00

im in
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

KB80
League One Player
League One Player

Post by KB80 » 27 Nov 2017, 12:56

Cracking idea. I'm in.

Scoopage
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Scoopage » 27 Nov 2017, 14:46

In good idea

takethetwo
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by takethetwo » 30 Nov 2017, 13:29

Looks like it is just the five of us guys. We can make it £10 entry if you all want, to add a bit to the pot.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 30 Nov 2017, 13:44

yep im in ...is it all sports or just horse racing?
Vince Lombardi

KB80
League One Player
League One Player

Post by KB80 » 30 Nov 2017, 14:11

takethetwo wrote:Looks like it is just the five of us guys. We can make it £10 entry if you all want, to add a bit to the pot.
Yeah tenners good with me.

Good weekend to start too, some quality racing next couple of days ;)

KB80
League One Player
League One Player

Post by KB80 » 30 Nov 2017, 14:32

I've bumped thread on all things tiger in case anyone missed it initially.

takethetwo
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by takethetwo » 30 Nov 2017, 20:32

tigerfeat wrote:yep im in ...is it all sports or just horse racing?
Anything you like mate. But like I posted earlier, I can only check horses etc at SP. So Golf, Cricket, Football etc, I would need to see a day before to get the correct prices.

takethetwo
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by takethetwo » 30 Nov 2017, 20:38

I'm on nights tonight so will get my selection in early.

£10 double
Thistlecrack 3:00 Newbury and Luv U Whatever 12:10 Southwell.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 30 Nov 2017, 21:19

13.50 newbury willoughby court my bet for friday ...
Vince Lombardi

takethetwo
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by takethetwo » 30 Nov 2017, 21:22

tigerfeat wrote:13.50 newbury willoughby court my bet for friday ...
I'm assuming that's £10 win mate and not £5 each way lol.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 30 Nov 2017, 21:28

Yeah lol im going all in from get go
Vince Lombardi

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 30 Nov 2017, 21:30

Should be good
Vince Lombardi

takethetwo
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by takethetwo » 30 Nov 2017, 21:33

I've set up a temporary table in this section. Will make a proper one when I can get to my laptop. I will update it around 8pm every day.

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Post by the machine » 30 Nov 2017, 22:13

I'm in if still available??
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

WF10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by WF10 » 30 Nov 2017, 23:28

A cracking day to start this.

Day 1 of the Hennessy festival (yeah, yeah, Ladbrokes Winter Festival then) and at least 2 cracking races in store.

I'll go through a few of the races and then do my selection if that's OK.

In the 12:20 maiden hurdle its a bit of a surprise to see no runner for Nicky Henderson and lost in translation probably sets the standard based on its 2nd to the ridiculously named Claimantakinforgan.

Geraghty is on World Premier for JP and trained by Ben Pauling so is probably worth a market check. I believe that Black Op is very well thought of in Tom George's yard, hence the reason they lined him up in the Grade 1 bumper at Aintree last Spring. This horse also won his point-to-point by 25 in Ireland and beat the aforementioned Claimantakinforgan on debut in a bumper at Doncaster.

The 1:50 sees last seasons Neptune winner Willoughby Court tackle last seasons Christmas and Liverpool Hurdle winner Yanworth over fences at 2m4f.

Both of these 2 have looked 'sticky' in the jumping department for me, Yanworth fell last time out when a 2/9 poke in a small field and Willoughby Court seemed very unsure of his fences when winning at Huntingdon last time out and I doubt he'll get away with jumping like that against the calibre of rivals he faces here.

Therefore I am leaning towards the claims of Adrien Du Pont for Paul Nicholls who won this race with Clan Des Obeaux last year. At 15/2 I think he's over priced and worth an e/w wager.

WF10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by WF10 » 30 Nov 2017, 23:29

I'll put my selection up in the morning.

KB80
League One Player
League One Player

Post by KB80 » 01 Dec 2017, 00:36

WF10 wrote:A cracking day to start this.

Day 1 of the Hennessy festival (yeah, yeah, Ladbrokes Winter Festival then) and at least 2 cracking races in store.

I'll go through a few of the races and then do my selection if that's OK.

In the 12:20 maiden hurdle its a bit of a surprise to see no runner for Nicky Henderson and lost in translation probably sets the standard based on its 2nd to the ridiculously named Claimantakinforgan.

Geraghty is on World Premier for JP and trained by Ben Pauling so is probably worth a market check. I believe that Black Op is very well thought of in Tom George's yard, hence the reason they lined him up in the Grade 1 bumper at Aintree last Spring. This horse also won his point-to-point by 25 in Ireland and beat the aforementioned Claimantakinforgan on debut in a bumper at Doncaster.

The 1:50 sees last seasons Neptune winner Willoughby Court tackle last seasons Christmas and Liverpool Hurdle winner Yanworth over fences at 2m4f.

Both of these 2 have looked 'sticky' in the jumping department for me, Yanworth fell last time out when a 2/9 poke in a small field and Willoughby Court seemed very unsure of his fences when winning at Huntingdon last time out and I doubt he'll get away with jumping like that against the calibre of rivals he faces here.

Therefore I am leaning towards the claims of Adrien Du Pont for Paul Nicholls who won this race with Clan Des Obeaux last year. At 15/2 I think he's over priced and worth an e/w wager.
Good post. I'm mulling over the Newbury card to place a few bets and put my selection on here. Plenty of fancies and some potentially hot races.

12.20 I'm veering towards World Premier. Falls into the 'could be anything category' and been nibbled in the market already. Lost a few quid on Black Ops last time it ran (last leg of a treble), it ran poorly but race could probably be discounted and I fear it enough to stay out of the betting.

12.50 Again it's a race with 2 horses I like in Hells Kitchen and Dusky Legend. Hells Kitchen ran a very good race last time with 1st time hood (retained) and is unexposed over fences looks sure to improve. Dusky Legend looks a good price at 5-1, also ran a strong race last time has some solid, consistent form over hurdles and appears to be rated as a novice chaser by the King yard based on comments in the media.

1.50 is an exciting race. Decent betting prospect especially as Sky bet are doing money back for 2nd. Willoughby Court looks the one for me. I expect him to take to the front and apply pressure throughout. Providing he can fix his jumping (hopefully come on for last run) I think he will be tough to pass and is one of the horses I'm expecting some big things from this year.

I'm drawn to Willie Boy in 2.25. Course and distance winner on similar ground and like any Venetia Williams runner is unlikely to be effected if the ground worsens. Up and coming horse that looks to have left his chase debut fall behind winning both races since. Carrying a more weight and up in class but plenty to like.

Looking forward to seeing Thistlecrack back in action. His King George performance was immense (I had him and Yanworth in a double that day). I expect him to win this race, Class horse who clearly has much bigger targets over fences to aim for later in the year (this been my only real concern with him, will he need the run/be pushed hard if it gets tough). Wouldn't be surprised if Colins Sister ran a big race but is up against too much class to consider even as an each way shot.

Initially I was leaning towards a Willoughby Court and Thistlecrack double but as both have been selected already and in the interests of originality I'm going to go for:

Willie Boy, 2.25 Newbury, £10 win
Last edited by KB80 on 01 Dec 2017, 00:49, edited 1 time in total.