360 Console

General Chit-Chat is in here... New Members are invited to pop in and say hello!
marshman
League One Player
League One Player

360 Console

Post by marshman » 06 Sep 2008, 05:39

Dudes

Thinking of getting a 360 for the nipper for xmas and seen a deal for the 360 premium 20gb. Just wondered if any of you guys know of any problems with any of the various incarnations of 360 console. Basically, the 360 20gb isn't prone to spontanious self combustion or anything like that is it?

Didn't really want to get he arcade just in case we needed to use the hdd for anything in future but also didn't want to buy one with a 60gb when i know it would be a waste.

GThornton
League One Player
League One Player

Post by GThornton » 06 Sep 2008, 08:03

I don't know much about the 360 myself. We have a Nintendo Wii here, but about six months ago my son brought one of his friends 360s round to our house and tried playing a driving game. All i know is that the game was very dark on our HD television.

Matt
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @invmatt

Post by Matt » 06 Sep 2008, 12:45

Whilst the 360 is an awesome console you have to check for a few things.

1) The manufacture date - make sure you buy a 2008 model as this has had many revisions to greatly improve the hardware problems. It will say on the box when it was produced.

2) The PSU - the newer model is 175w which again is better. If its still 200w (don't think it's 200 but its near that) you'll have no real problems but it just helps date the console better.

Also 20GB models have been replaced by the 60gb model which ship for the same price I believe. Every console comes with a 3 year "red ring of death" warranty so if anything does happen you'll be covered.

Other than that go for it, it's one of the best consoles I've ever had in terms of games and online features.

Forgot to add the new update coming November time will allow you to rip games onto the hard drive for faster loading etc so its probably worth getting the 60gb model just for that.
For website related issues or queries please contact the admin account as I no longer own or maintain Casforum.

marshman
League One Player
League One Player

Post by marshman » 06 Sep 2008, 13:09

cheers guys. Might check to see if i can get a deal on a 60gb then.