Future of the forum

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Matt
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @invmatt

Future of the forum

Post by Matt » 16 Jun 2018, 18:11

You may or may not of heard that the EU are looking at introducing new copyright laws which will heavily affect websites that allow user uploaded / created content and far reaching consequences across other platforms too.

We urge you to contact your MP - for more information please see: https://www.saveyourinternet.eu/home

If this proposal was adopted we'd have no choice but to close down the site. While some members may feel we (as admins and mods) from time to time censor some content every post, image and video added to the site would go through content filtering. Anything which is deemed to be copyrighted would be flagged and the owner of the site could be forced to pay a fee, or in some cases it could lead to something more serious.

It take a few minutes to email your MP and you may just help stop the ridiculous proposal from ever passing.
For website related issues or queries please contact the admin account as I no longer own or maintain Casforum.

cogito ergo sum
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Future of the forum

Post by cogito ergo sum » 16 Jun 2018, 21:03

Does this apply following Brexit?

Lewist93

Post by Lewist93 » 16 Jun 2018, 23:43

Would it be pointless to contact our mps?? Surely we need to be contacting out MEP's?

Matt
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Matt » 17 Jun 2018, 12:27

Lewist93 wrote:Would it be pointless to contact our mps?? Surely we need to be contacting out MEP's?
Correct, I missed out the E :)
For website related issues or queries please contact the admin account as I no longer own or maintain Casforum.

Matt
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Matt » 17 Jun 2018, 12:31

cogito ergo sum wrote:Does this apply following Brexit?
Depends if it's written in to UK law and it probably will be. It's a huge mess of a proposal however as we've seen in the past from even simple things like the EU cookie law there's people out there who just don't understand the internet and wish to regulate every part of it without thinking about the consequences.