If round 1 was tomorrow, what would be your 1-17

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Re: If round 1 was tomorrow, what would be your 1-17

Post by tigerfeat » 20 Oct 2017, 08:53

Lofthouse Tiger wrote:Dont you dare let facts come in to it when saying anything against the rose tinted posters. Its not allowed unless you agree with them.

If you dont agree then you are a big a***hole apparently. Unlike said correct posters.

[-X [-X [-X
Dont cross the in the knows for christ sake last time they were wrong king was on throne
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Casmoley
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Casmoley » 20 Oct 2017, 09:32

tigerfeat wrote:
Lofthouse Tiger wrote:Dont you dare let facts come in to it when saying anything against the rose tinted posters. Its not allowed unless you agree with them.

If you dont agree then you are a big a***hole apparently. Unlike said correct posters.

[-X [-X [-X
Dont cross the in the knows for christ sake last time they were wrong king was on throne

Be better, not bitter.....

orrsome
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by orrsome » 20 Oct 2017, 20:53

SWISS TONY!! wrote: Turner
Eden
Shenton
Wardle
Lo
Roberts
Gale
Cook
Mcshane
Millington
Jsl
Holmes
Milner

Mcmeekin

Webster
Moors
Massey/foster/ellis depending on who we play
Do you really think that Eden will play right wing and Shenton right centre?
Why would you switch Shenton and Eden to the right and expect a new completely new partnership on our left to be effective?

Andrew6666
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Andrew6666 » 20 Oct 2017, 23:54

Minikin
Lo
Webster
Shenton
Eden
Roberts
Gale
Clark
McShane
Millington
McMeeken
JSL
Massey

Moors
Wardle
Cook
Milner

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 21 Oct 2017, 04:37

Love terms like 'rose tinted' or 'in the knows' or 'a***holes' which get used to somehow make one 'group's' views seem less relevant than others.
We're not politicians we're Cas fans (well most of us are) and our love for the club affects us in different ways. Some are frustrated that we could be doing better, others can't stand the club being criticised, but it's all about our passion for our club, our town and our pride in being part of it.
We don't have to to dismiss the stance our fellow posters make though, however different they may be from our own. This forum would be really boring if we all agreed.
Great to see everyone's views. It's like oxygen in the rugby league desert we live in down here!

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 21 Oct 2017, 09:04

The mood in the town since the grand final as been a bit down certainly compared to how it as been the rest of the year ,i dont think its just because we didnt show are best on the big day these things happen in sport its whats happened with zak and the uncertainty of how it will be resolved , its just my feeling that a exciting signing at this point not talking about any marquee type player or someone whos going to break any bank would buck people up a bit
Vince Lombardi

Shareholder
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Shareholder » 21 Oct 2017, 09:30

It's important the club don't make a knee jerk reaction to what people want, so as to make them feel better, "what's right isn't always popular, and what's popular isn't always right. I'll put my trust in the people who have took us from rugby league oblivion, to appearing in a challenge cup final, Grand Final, and winning the league leaders shield , also the coach of the year twice in 4 years,plus 2MOS awards, and the last 2 top try scorers in SL in the last 2years. Not forgetting 2017 club of the year , and showing record profits. I agree not everything runs smoothly, but the club deals with things very professionally in my view, and is well respected now in RL circles, and we are certainly on the map, due to our team , the Castleford Tigers. It's just over 2weeks since things turned a bit sour, the club and DP don't seem to be panicking, so why should we?

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 21 Oct 2017, 09:53

All fair points ..i just dont want us to start to fall back again as has happened in the past when weve reached a high point the support and goodwill behind the team last year was unbelievable and long may it continue
Vince Lombardi

Danny Boy
Verified

Post by Danny Boy » 21 Oct 2017, 11:06

From what DP said after signing Jamie Ellis, I would assume that Benny will be full back, unless the rumours about signing Locke are correct and Clark replacing Lynchy, with Junior, Cooky, Massey, Millio & Springer as front row options.
I think Wardle will be back row, with Meeks, Oggy & Jesse, Adz doing his stuff at LF.
DP may have other signings up his sleeve and some of the kids may make the move up, but only time will tell!
Danny Boy

SWISS TONY!!
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by SWISS TONY!! » 21 Oct 2017, 11:21

orrsome wrote:
SWISS TONY!! wrote: Turner
Eden
Shenton
Wardle
Lo
Roberts
Gale
Cook
Mcshane
Millington
Jsl
Holmes
Milner

Mcmeekin

Webster
Moors
Massey/foster/ellis depending on who we play
Do you really think that Eden will play right wing and Shenton right centre?
Why would you switch Shenton and Eden to the right and expect a new completely new partnership on our left to be effective?
I wasn't actually, just writing them down as partnerships. Obviously wouldn't change the side they were playing on, was just the first partnership I thought of centre wise. I was more deliberating about wardle and webster. I want jake to be able to play as long as possible, duration wise, and maybe limiting his time on the pitch could be a way forward. But then he comes on as impact player but probably in the forwards so could get banged up more, was just impressed with the way he charged into the forwards like walmsley etc.
Long Live The Monkey Munch!!!

Bramley Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Bramley Tiger » 21 Oct 2017, 11:35

as it stands now i'd go with
eden
minikin
Webster
shenton
lo
Roberts
gale
massey
McShane
Millington
wardle
mcmeeken
milner
jsl
moors
holmes
ellis/springer

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 21 Oct 2017, 12:18

for me our Number one as got to be our under 19 full back he is good enough to play for GB so why not give him a run ?????

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 21 Oct 2017, 14:03

gateman wrote:for me our Number one as got to be our under 19 full back he is good enough to play for GB so why not give him a run ?????
Because there’s a massive difference playing against another countries under 19s and playing in SL???

Bramley Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Bramley Tiger » 21 Oct 2017, 19:03

gateman wrote:for me our Number one as got to be our under 19 full back he is good enough to play for GB so why not give him a run ?????
tbf m8 I don't mind this option-I've not seen him myself and if he was given a go then eden would be where he is most effective.i am of the opinion if you're good enough you're old enough.

braytontiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by braytontiger » 21 Oct 2017, 20:04

Fumper27 wrote:
Because there’s a massive difference playing against another countries under 19s and playing in SL???

It is a huge difference from 19s to first team but those that have stepped up from the 19s this year across the board haven't looked out of place tbh and those that have are certainly no better than what we have. Both the lads that play full back are going into pre season training with the first team when we return and I guess how they go in training and the pre season friendlies depends on wether they are ready. Both had a taste last year in the pre season games and both went well.

fast hands
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by fast hands » 21 Oct 2017, 21:02

braytontiger wrote:
Fumper27 wrote:

It is a huge difference from 19s to first team but those that have stepped up from the 19s this year across the board haven't looked out of place tbh and those that have are certainly no better than what we have. Both the lads that play full back are going into pre season training with the first team when we return and I guess how they go in training and the pre season friendlies depends on wether they are ready. Both had a taste last year in the pre season games and both went well.
Don't like repeating what I posted, and even if he is a Rhino, young Jack Walker is the perfect example of what a young 'un' can bring to the game. We certainly missed him, went to same school as Danny Orr. Nothing to lose by putting a lad in if he is good enough.

braytontiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by braytontiger » 21 Oct 2017, 21:06

fast hands wrote:
braytontiger wrote:
Fumper27 wrote:

Don't like repeating what I posted, and even if he is a Rhino, young Jack Walker is the perfect example of what a young 'un' can bring to the game. We certainly missed him, went to same school as Danny Orr. Nothing to lose by putting a lad in if he is good enough.
I agree with you if they are ready physically and mentally for the challenge.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 22 Oct 2017, 09:26

age should not be a barrier if the young guns are good enough and fiscally strong enough we should not be frightened to play them , if you go through the current test team I wouldn't mind betting most of them made there debuts before they had finished with the under 19s

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 22 Oct 2017, 09:46

How old was Danny Orr when he got into the first team? My recollection was that he was fast tracked mid-season when Casper transferred to Wigan

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 22 Oct 2017, 10:22

gateman wrote:age should not be a barrier if the young guns are good enough and fiscally strong enough we should not be frightened to play them , if you go through the current test team I wouldn't mind betting most of them made there debuts before they had finished with the under 19s

Agree, weren’t Craig huby 16.
If your good enough your old enough.