New Ground for Cas or NOT !

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
da_jimbob_7
League One Player
League One Player
Twitter: Jimmothylad

Re: New Ground for Cas or NOT !

Post by da_jimbob_7 » 18 Feb 2019, 12:48

And so be it if that happens.

Will make a mockery of Super League having half empty shiny new stadiums for most of the matches. Wigan only fill theirs on derby day, Huddersfield and Salford with 2-4K attendances and then us in the league below getting a 3/4 full stadium.

Long live the Tigers!!!

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 18 Feb 2019, 13:01

Absolutely spot on ...
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Nu Shooze
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Nu Shooze » 18 Feb 2019, 13:40

da_jimbob_7 wrote:And so be it if that happens.

Will make a mockery of Super League having half empty shiny new stadiums for most of the matches. Wigan only fill theirs on derby day, Huddersfield and Salford with 2-4K attendances and then us in the league below getting a 3/4 full stadium.
Since when have the powers-that-be ever worried about reputation or image as a result of one of their nonsensical ideas.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 18 Feb 2019, 13:54

That's what concerns me mate they have a long track record of making daft to ludicrous desicions
Anyway find out soon enough I suppose
Vince Lombardi

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 18 Feb 2019, 14:17

The renters better have a long term lease. Let's say one of their owners jumps ship and they can't afford rent. Then out they go. Maybe they should have to lodge an amount of monies or have the rent prepaid.

You also then need franchising back. That didn't work very well. Also no promotion or relegation

They also would need a bedding in period to give teams the chance to correct their grounds, voted on by super league of which those teams would be the voters.

If 6 teams fail the test, would they have a 6 team league.

In the short term, it won't happen. Maybe in 10 years.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 18 Feb 2019, 21:57

with the amount of times we are on TV its obvious that Sky like to show a full ground and not empty seats

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 18 Feb 2019, 23:21

mart0042 wrote:The renters better have a long term lease. Let's say one of their owners jumps ship and they can't afford rent. Then out they go. Maybe they should have to lodge an amount of monies or have the rent prepaid.

You also then need franchising back. That didn't work very well. Also no promotion or relegation

They also would need a bedding in period to give teams the chance to correct their grounds, voted on by super league of which those teams would be the voters.

If we get kicked out because off ground club noboby to blame but them self. Not invested any money in to are present ground for over thirty years. had a chance when John smith wanted to sponsor new stand but directors turned it down.Were just hoping for a freebie which will not happen.

casjunction
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by casjunction » 19 Feb 2019, 01:46

Is Wheldon Road fit for purpose?
No.
Are the facilities acceptable for a twenty first entertainment venue?
No.
Do l think the services and customer care offered by Castleford Tigers lead me to feel valued as a customer?
No.
Does it put some people off attending because the facilities are sub standard.
Yes(it may influence me as the years roll by when standing is not possible and the seats and access are substandard.
I will be sad if and when we leave the Old Girl.
It is meant to be a Super League venue not a heritage centre staffed by well intentioned incompetents.
Why do l go?
Cos l love it. (especially the real ale garden shed)
Cos I'm Cas until l die.
Tinted specs?
Yes.
Need to invest in the future
Not live in the past
If a shared stadium is the answer do not dismiss it without an alternative.
Super League criteria can be selective to further what ever Sky's agenda is.
This is not an excuse to do nothing or relying on others, tradition or sentimentality to come to our rescue.
There are far better and deserving cases and causes deserving of public finance. Than any sport or entertainment business.
Kay se ra se ra.
C. O. Y. F.

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by mart0042 » 19 Feb 2019, 10:36

flow wrote:
mart0042 wrote:The renters better have a long term lease. Let's say one of their owners jumps ship and they can't afford rent. Then out they go. Maybe they should have to lodge an amount of monies or have the rent prepaid.

If we get kicked out because off ground club noboby to blame but them self. Not invested any money in to are present ground for over thirty years. had a chance when John smith wanted to sponsor new stand but directors turned it down.Were just hoping for a freebie which will not happen.
I believe we also turned down caddick. You can't turn back the clock.

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by mart0042 » 19 Feb 2019, 10:39

gateman wrote:with the amount of times we are on TV its obvious that Sky like to show a full ground and not empty seats
Yes, the atmosphere is electric. Plus the team put in the best show around.

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by mart0042 » 19 Feb 2019, 10:43

casjunction wrote:Is Wheldon Road fit for purpose?
No.
Are the facilities acceptable for a twenty first entertainment venue?
No.
Do l think the services and customer care offered by Castleford Tigers lead me to feel valued as a customer?
No.
Does it put some people off attending because the facilities are sub standard.
Yes(it may influence me as the years roll by when standing is not possible and the seats and access are substandard.
I will be sad if and when we leave the Old Girl.
It is meant to be a Super League venue not a heritage centre staffed by well intentioned incompetents.
Why do l go?
Cos l love it. (especially the real ale garden shed)
Cos I'm Cas until l die.
Tinted specs?
Yes.
Need to invest in the future
Not live in the past
If a shared stadium is the answer do not dismiss it without an alternative.
Super League criteria can be selective to further what ever Sky's agenda is.
This is not an excuse to do nothing or relying on others, tradition or sentimentality to come to our rescue.
There are far better and deserving cases and causes deserving of public finance. Than any sport or entertainment business.
Kay se ra se ra.
C. O. Y. F.
Your right. It's up to us to sort out our ground. We are still on track with Axiom. They are supposed to start the roadworks this spring I think.

Squaddie86
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Squaddie86 » 19 Feb 2019, 11:41

flow wrote:

I agree with flow. The club seem to have spent so long just expecting someone to build us a new ground that it seems no thought whatsoever has been put in to a "plan B".

Its easy to say that the club should have been upgrading facilities over time in the last 20 years, and looking at how the club has been (mis)managed in that time its clear why that hasn't happened, but right now the club needs to grasp this current boom period we're in (onfield success and some strong financial reports) and come up with a plan, even if that involves spending small amounts of money and asking for volunteers to spruce up Wheldon lane a bit - get the toilets sorted out at the very least. I can say for certain at least some revenue IS being lost because the ground is nota pleasant place to be - i wont take my daughter and my wife obviously looks after her on match days, so thats at least 1 child and 1 adult entrance fee plus snacks and drinks. Not a lot i know, but how many more are the same?

We're not a rich club, we don't have a wealthy benefactor who will spend millions on a new ground. I don't believe the council should be funding pro sports stadiums*, so its a tricky one, but doing nothing and hoping for a retail developer to do it for us us not a viable option.

*on council funded stadiums, I'd be okay with my tax money going to a multi use community stadium facility for the Wakefield area - think things like attached athletics and swimming facilities that the public can use, schools especially - this would probably also involve a ground-share with Wakefield which i understand is an anathema to some, but if huge football and NFL rivals in the world can manage it (Inter and AC Milan, New York Giants and Jets) then I'm sure we could too...

This of course is just my opinion, but I'd be dead against the council funding any sports stadium just for a single professional club to use, 9 years of Austerity has hit this area hard emough without millions going into such a project.

Obviously i hope Axiom comes in and just builds the damned stadium, but I'm not holding my breath.

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 19 Feb 2019, 12:36

Fully agree with the coordination of local volunteers and tradesmen coming up with a plan to at the very least sort the toilets.

There should be a meeting about it which includes a brainstorming session with ideas of what 3 things would you improve etc.
Audacter Et Sincere

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 19 Feb 2019, 12:49

I agree that's what should happen or should have happened but the club will go with the line it as for the past 12 years ...what's the point were about to move into a new ground ...
Vince Lombardi

The Firm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by The Firm » 19 Feb 2019, 13:02

I can promise you it will be a lot less than 10 years, in fact pressure is already starting to be exerted. The current working target is have a fit for purpose stadia by the 2022 season or you won’t be a top tier team. No more excuses allowed. All part of a new SL development plan being drawn up by Elstone & Co to coincide with a new TV & streaming deal.

duke street 10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by duke street 10 » 19 Feb 2019, 13:25

tigerfeat wrote:what's the point were about to move into a new ground ...
You could understand the club saying that if the new ground is under construction now,but it isn't.

The failure to consider or look at a viable plan B could bite us on the you know what. The S.L bosses would love Toronto and a 2nd French side in the top flight for starters. Also if the R.U Premiership sides carry through the threat of ring fencing their top league, what would stop an ambitious side in the tier below creating an R.L side and working its way up like a Toronto?

For example if a Bedford had the faclities up to scratch already and money behind them they would easily turn the top brass heads.

We can't keep promising Jam tomorrow with the games bosses,they will quickly tire of hearing it.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 19 Feb 2019, 13:29

Correct mate as the firm just said if anybody thinks clubs will be still allowed in super league with the kind of ground cas as beyond 2022 there in a dreamworld
Vince Lombardi

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 19 Feb 2019, 13:54

tigerfeat wrote:Correct mate as the firm just said if anybody thinks clubs will be still allowed in super league with the kind of ground cas as beyond 2022 there in a dreamworld
IF we get a new TV deal that's decent. If not, some clubs will quickly rely heavily on their owners even more or will struggle to be full-time.

There may not even BE a Super League after 2021 with the game the way it is at the moment.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 19 Feb 2019, 14:02

HuddsTigers wrote:
tigerfeat wrote:Correct mate as the firm just said if anybody thinks clubs will be still allowed in super league with the kind of ground cas as beyond 2022 there in a dreamworld
IF we get a new TV deal that's decent. If not, some clubs will quickly rely heavily on their owners even more or will struggle to be full-time.

There may not even BE a Super League after 2021 with the game the way it is at the moment.
It will be interesting to see how it pans out but I agree it wouldn't surprise me if sky are not falling over themselves to sign a new deal unless there are big changes made in the game
Vince Lombardi

The Firm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by The Firm » 19 Feb 2019, 15:00

HuddsTigers wrote:

There will be deal of sorts, although probably not as lucrative as the present one. It will also highly likely include on demand streaming alongside traditional media. But if the pot is less then the chances are so will the number of teams in a new superleague. Ten teams has been mentioned and with less teams the money to be shared around between the chosen won't change that much especially when you add in that unlike now championship clubs will likely get next to nothing, if anything, from the deal. If they are looking to shed numbers the the first targets are the clubs with poor facilities, they are a sitting duck. The times they are a changing. Again.