ALL Things RW/BOD

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
wrs
League One Player
League One Player

Post by wrs » 15 Jun 2008, 17:18

sack the board :dance:

Tiger Mad
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Tiger Mad » 15 Jun 2008, 17:21

Sack the BOD yesterday!

:dance: :dance: :dance: :clap: :clap: :clap:
WRIGHT TIME TO GO

Di
Verified
Twitter: @diddididi64

Post by Di » 17 Jun 2008, 12:15

Gloria wrote:Chambers story was removed after being posted?

Was it not
I never said it wasn't
Casforum is a non-profit website. We rely on donations and forum advertising to keep the site alive. If you'd like to donate please contact any administrator. In return we'll give you a shiny new forum rank!

marshman
League One Player
League One Player

Post by marshman » 17 Jun 2008, 19:27

Gloria wrote:Chambers story was removed after being posted?

Was it not
Gloria. Channel your energies elsewhere mate. We're not ruled by CTRLFC on here, we're just ruled by the laws of this land like every other internet forum.

If you have a beef with the club/bod or whatever, then do something about it instead of just posting crazy random stuff. This board isn't conspiring against you or anyone else anti bod.

For the record, i think the bod are making a fine mess of things over the last couple of seasons and i'm losing my rag with them. I'm allowed to say that because it's within the rules of the AUP. For this reason it'll stay put and not be edited. (Unless one of the mods just wants to take the mickey out of me and change it to something stupid of course)

Di
Verified
Twitter: @diddididi64

Post by Di » 21 Jun 2008, 20:25

It was removed but the club never or asked for it to be done, we made that decision
Casforum is a non-profit website. We rely on donations and forum advertising to keep the site alive. If you'd like to donate please contact any administrator. In return we'll give you a shiny new forum rank!

wrs
League One Player
League One Player

Post by wrs » 29 Jun 2008, 07:54

sack the board :dance:

Tiger Totty
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Tiger Totty » 01 Jul 2008, 20:04

About time I had my views on the Board ....

I think I am past caring, past caring about whether we win or lose as all we can clearly do it lose.
Past caring about whether we will ever really get someone with ambition on the Board.
Past caring about whether someone on the Board will stand up and get a backbone.
Past caring that we only ever do things on the cheap, except allegedly spectacularly overspend on mediocre players.
Past caring whether we get a license – I mean I don’t actually expect anything to actually change if we did get a license – so what, the Board are not going to change are they? So why hang onto that as the Holy blooming Grail?
Past caring whether we will ever get some kind of merchandise to be proud of and that people can actually buy.
Past caring that I feel we are a laughing stock.

I predicted that this gap year would start to bite us on the bum, (and look at my sig if you don't think I am a good predictor ;) ) if I am past caring, what players are going to care about coming to the losers, we haven’t had quality banging down our door previously when we weren’t bottom of the league, what is going to attract them now?

What about being bottom of the league is going to attract new fans, the mirage that is the stadium (which I accept would attract people) is still on the horizon for a few years, so what’s attracting fans now?

Apathy can only describe what I feel towards my team.

Gosh, bring back the Raper days when we were in the play offs, there was a buzz about the place and everyone had their green foam hands to wave …. I know that there are stories about that period of time wasn’t so good with respect to the second teams but surely having a first team doing well and in turn attracting players and fans would build the reserves???

Oh I don’t know, do I care? Today I clearly don’t – tomorrow I probably will – and I will still be watching us lose on Sunday, and the rest of the games this season, I can’t see a win coming anywhere, but that’s apathy for you.

Go on, I’m-not-a-true-faners, do you worse, but remember I am apathetic towards you too! ;)

Totty
Rugby Predictions Cup Competition Winner 2006 - Football Predictions Semi-finalist 2007
Premier League Football Predictions Winner 2008 & UEFA EURO Predictions 2008 Winner
RL Grand Finalist Runner-up 2010

Adam
Verified
Championship Player
Championship Player
Twitter: @yorkscoaster

Post by Adam » 01 Jul 2008, 20:11

Awesome post TT, I tell you what, you must have read my mind...

However, Im not past caring about whether Fans can see the club what it has turned into as its the FANS and ONLY the FANS that matter at this moment in time..!!
Whilst we are at it, can you predict when Im next going to get a bit as Id like to be prepared lol... cheers!

GThornton
League One Player
League One Player

Post by GThornton » 01 Jul 2008, 20:26

Some people at the club must be thinking at the back of their minds that something must be wrong. I'm sure they can't think everything is running OK. My guess is that something will have to change. It's just how long will it take before something does change and what steps will be taken to get us out of the rut we are in.

Tiger Totty
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Tiger Totty » 01 Jul 2008, 20:52

Adam wrote:Awesome post TT, I tell you what, you must have read my mind...

However, Im not past caring about whether Fans can see the club what it has turned into as its the FANS and ONLY the FANS that matter at this moment in time..!!
Whilst we are at it, can you predict when Im next going to get a bit as Id like to be prepared lol... cheers!
Ha, dont cheer me up! Looking at your new facebook pics, I predict not long! ;)
All that sun, sea and BBQing, - but remember the bigger the shorts, the bigger the white bits, you need a short pair to sunbathe in!

Totty
Rugby Predictions Cup Competition Winner 2006 - Football Predictions Semi-finalist 2007
Premier League Football Predictions Winner 2008 & UEFA EURO Predictions 2008 Winner
RL Grand Finalist Runner-up 2010

Dirk Diggler
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Dirk Diggler » 01 Jul 2008, 22:41

GThornton wrote:Some people at the club must be thinking at the back of their minds that something must be wrong. I'm sure they can't think everything is running OK. My guess is that something will have to change. It's just how long will it take before something does change and what steps will be taken to get us out of the rut we are in.
The only way to change the Tigers fortunes is for sweeping changes at the top.

Let's be fair this in not a knee jerk reaction, I would say that even the most rational person would agree that 9 years is more than an acceptable time scale for the current BoD to have proved that they have the crudentials to run all aspects of a sucessful SL club. If this were the case then surely we would have seen results of this by now rather than hiding behind excuses about how badly done to we have been in terms of less time to prepare etc, etc, etc.

Certain 'mishaps' that have occured during the illustrious reign of the current regime without a doubt in my mind could have been avoided with a little more business acumen, ambition and forward planning.

Rant over (For today anyway).
Long Live The Monkey Munch!!!

Steadman_4_PM
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Steadman_4_PM » 01 Jul 2008, 22:56

Dirk - would you agree that before the ground sale goes through and the new stadium is finished ( :pray: ), that there was never any possibility of the BOD cutting their ties with the club?

Some will say its blind faith, but while there's a good chance some of the BOD will stay put post the most from WR, its also a good opportunity for the dead wood to be kicked out.

Either way, I just can't see why anyone involved in the club would leave until the ground sale is done and dusted.
Adrian Flynn's career low was playing for Featherstone - "Horrible Supporters"

Wicksy
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Wicksy » 01 Jul 2008, 23:05

Steadman_4_PM wrote:Dirk - would you agree that before the ground sale goes through and the new stadium is finished ( :pray: ), that there was never any possibility of the BOD cutting their ties with the club?

Some will say its blind faith, but while there's a good chance some of the BOD will stay put post the most from WR, its also a good opportunity for the dead wood to be kicked out.

Either way, I just can't see why anyone involved in the club would leave until the ground sale is done and dusted.
It's blackmail which ever way you look at it . Stand for change now or risk the club by doing so .

Stand for change for me mate .

Maybe they don't want to stand down because they want to rectify the mistakes they've made in seasons gone by.

Steadman_4_PM
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Steadman_4_PM » 01 Jul 2008, 23:08

Stand how mate? You and I both know that there isn't enough people prepared to stay away, nor is there enough happy to sign anti RW songs long enough to have the desired impact.

If I thought we could get just a few hundred to pay their way this weekend, then everyone else protest outside then sure... that'd have some impact. Sad thing is I want to help the lads on the pitch, plus there's no way enough people would join a protest. The few that do just get labelled one way or the other and the impact is lost.

Wicksy
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Wicksy » 01 Jul 2008, 23:17

Could we not ask that question on this forum ?

Maybe user's will put there name to it, and turn out .

Maybe they don't want to stand down because they want to rectify the mistakes they've made in seasons gone by.

Steadman_4_PM
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Steadman_4_PM » 01 Jul 2008, 23:18

Remember the last time mate? :roll:

Wicksy
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Wicksy » 01 Jul 2008, 23:21

Steadman_4_PM wrote:Remember the last time mate? :roll:
I do, but the balance has shifted mate . Many fans don't speak out but they want to .

Steadman_4_PM
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Steadman_4_PM » 01 Jul 2008, 23:24

Wicksy wrote:
I do, but the balance has shifted mate . Many fans don't speak out but they want to .
I'm not sure there's a worse feeling amongst 'most' fans now than in 2006, but you might argue that.

You've also to consider that we get extremes of views on here, those heavily against RW and co plus those very much in favour. I wonder how many of the general fan population sufers from apathy.

Wicksy
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Wicksy » 01 Jul 2008, 23:28

Steadman_4_PM wrote:
Wicksy wrote:
I'm not sure there's a worse feeling amongst 'most' fans now than in 2006, but you might argue that.

You've also to consider that we get extremes of views on here, those heavily against RW and co plus those very much in favour. I wonder how many of the general fan population sufers from apathy.
Fair point, but for me enough is enough . If i have to i will stand alone mate .

Steadman_4_PM
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Steadman_4_PM » 01 Jul 2008, 23:31

You know me, I'd be all for a proper protest with proper numbers........