ALL Things RW/BOD

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 03 Jul 2008, 12:36

Steadman_4_PM wrote:Seriously though, there's no doubt numerous fans who've not turned up, but equally there's new blood who weren't there last season. So far we're averaging 7,662 which compares to 7,104 during our last SL stint and 6,796 the time before that. According to Stu's website, this season is our highest average attendance for over 20 years.

So, plenty of people are staying away but they aren't having enough of an impact are they? To do things properly and really make a stand, you need the gate to half one week...... in fact you need to do that more than once otherwise it can easily be laughed off.
Those figures are supplied by the Club who surely do not want to risk saying we've got less supporters at this crucial time?
Steadman_4_PM wrote:Pray tell, what should be done about it? Should RW walk? Should the BOD stand down? Like I've said a few times, none of that can / will happen until WR is sold and we've a new ground to move into. Before then, nobody in their right mind would take their shares out of the club..........or would you?

In many case I don't think its people not seeing what is going on, its that they've a vested interest / good reason why to hang around until the sale goes through. Yeah some may want to hang on afterwards, but its a huge carrot don't you think for those who can cash in?
Soory Old Lad but RW is an empoyee of the Club and can be 'sacked' at any point. I accept he is also a shareholder and main accomplice of JF, which obviously affords him some protection but a strong protest campaign may force the issue. :pray:
Steadman_4_PM wrote:...Equally I don't believe Joe or Shenny would have re signed had someone not outlined who we were trying to bring to the club. Just read Joe's comments on his time with England, does that sound like someone lacking ambition? Young yes but he could so easily have moved on, Cas supporter or not I believe he's seen what our plans are and believes they are creditble.

We'll see I know, time will tell and all that but we are where we are and there's no quick fix to stick in place is there? Why not take the franchise era as a great new start and real kick up the arse?
I don't doubt that both of our young guns have considered the future propects of Cas but how many times has RW & Co said wait 'til next year? Indeed, I believe the Club is currently on it's third(?) 5 year business plan in less than 5 years.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, RW has had his chances and failed time and time again. I've yet to see anything to change that view. I realyy do believe that if RW is still at the Club come the franchise era, we are doomed.
Spreading the Cas gene pool

Steadman_4_PM
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Steadman_4_PM » 03 Jul 2008, 20:54

Flat Capper wrote:Those figures are supplied by the Club who surely do not want to risk saying we've got less supporters at this crucial time?
True, although Cas seem to be on a different page to the likes of Wakey regards talking up gates. Wakey have long been known to add a few to the headcount, we on the other hand always seem keen to talk it down. Like you say its such an important year that you'd think they'd stop doing it.............but I'm not so sure.
Flat Capper wrote:Soory Old Lad but RW is an empoyee of the Club and can be 'sacked' at any point. I accept he is also a shareholder and main accomplice of JF, which obviously affords him some protection but a strong protest campaign may force the issue. :pray:
In theory yes he could be sacked, but who would give such a decision? If it came from the club operation then as CEO he's unlikely to sign his own P45 surely? Equally if it came from a shareholders vote we'd need the masses of dormant, uninterested shareholders to gang up on him otherwise he'd be albeit impossible to remove. Wouldn't he?
Flat Capper wrote:I don't doubt that both of our young guns have considered the future propects of Cas but how many times has RW & Co said wait 'til next year? Indeed, I believe the Club is currently on it's third(?) 5 year business plan in less than 5 years.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, RW has had his chances and failed time and time again. I've yet to see anything to change that view. I realyy do believe that if RW is still at the Club come the franchise era, we are doomed.
Don't get me wrong old lad I agree with you, we have seen a lot of it before and witnessed bugger all change in direction. But ever since the franchise era was muted and the new ground began looking feasible, nobody in their right mind with shares in the club (and no real desire to stay for ever) would walk until they could take a few quid away with them.

It might be blind faith, but equally it might just be the best chance we've ever had to cut out some, and I repeat some, of the deadwood. I fancy RW will hang around, I also fancy some of the BOD however will be replaced. Maybe its just a case of if not after leaving WR, when? Its the perfect time for change, if it doesn't happen I fancy it'll never happen. :neutral:
Adrian Flynn's career low was playing for Featherstone - "Horrible Supporters"

Wicksy
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Wicksy » 04 Jul 2008, 01:03

Steadman_4_PM wrote:
Flat Capper wrote:Those figures are supplied by the Club who surely do not want to risk saying we've got less supporters at this crucial time?
True, although Cas seem to be on a different page to the likes of Wakey regards talking up gates. Wakey have long been known to add a few to the headcount, we on the other hand always seem keen to talk it down. Like you say its such an important year that you'd think they'd stop doing it.............but I'm not so sure.
Flat Capper wrote:Soory Old Lad but RW is an empoyee of the Club and can be 'sacked' at any point. I accept he is also a shareholder and main accomplice of JF, which obviously affords him some protection but a strong protest campaign may force the issue. :pray:
In theory yes he could be sacked, but who would give such a decision? If it came from the club operation then as CEO he's unlikely to sign his own P45 surely? Equally if it came from a shareholders vote we'd need the masses of dormant, uninterested shareholders to gang up on him otherwise he'd be albeit impossible to remove. Wouldn't he?
Flat Capper wrote:I don't doubt that both of our young guns have considered the future propects of Cas but how many times has RW & Co said wait 'til next year? Indeed, I believe the Club is currently on it's third(?) 5 year business plan in less than 5 years.

Don't get me wrong old lad I agree with you, we have seen a lot of it before and witnessed bugger all change in direction. But ever since the franchise era was muted and the new ground began looking feasible, nobody in their right mind with shares in the club (and no real desire to stay for ever) would walk until they could take a few quid away with them.

It might be blind faith, but equally it might just be the best chance we've ever had to cut out some, and I repeat some, of the deadwood. I fancy RW will hang around, I also fancy some of the BOD however will be replaced. Maybe its just a case of if not after leaving WR, when? Its the perfect time for change, if it doesn't happen I fancy it'll never happen. :neutral:
It will not happen mate, it will be one love child after another .

Thing is for me, given we get a franchise it will be same old same old . In the 3rd year of ouf franchise we will spend money on the players to finish mid table and retain our franchise, after that back to normal for two years i.e bottom or there abouts . We should really have faith in RW and the rest for what they have done in the last several years .

Yeah !

Maybe they don't want to stand down because they want to rectify the mistakes they've made in seasons gone by.

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 04 Jul 2008, 12:18

Each and everyone one of us can speculate on what the future may hold for CAs and it's administrators. Personally, when anylising such matters, I like to base my 'predictions' on the historic facts.

These clearly indicate that RW & Co have not been able to deliver so like I say, until I see concrete evidence to the contrary, I share the view of Wicksy and say enough is enough.
Spreading the Cas gene pool

wastedyears1981
Academy Player
Academy Player
Location: Eating a baloo burger in the WRE behind the sticks.

Post by wastedyears1981 » 05 Jul 2008, 02:06

Flat Capper wrote:Each and everyone one of us can speculate on what the future may hold for CAs and it's administrators. Personally, when anylising such matters, I like to base my 'predictions' on the historic facts.

These clearly indicate that RW & Co have not been able to deliver so like I say, until I see concrete evidence to the contrary, I share the view of Wicksy and say enough is enough.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Time is a great healer, unless its a rash. Then your better off with ointment - Holly, Red Dwarf

Wicksy
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Wicksy » 22 Jul 2008, 10:12

Ok Mr Wright, no more excuses now .

Maybe they don't want to stand down because they want to rectify the mistakes they've made in seasons gone by.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 22 Jul 2008, 10:15

Wicksy wrote:Ok Mr Wright, no more excuses now .
Yep very true.

The hard work starts here, lets get some players announced and lets make sure they are good 1st class players.

Mr wright get of your bum and lets make this this club classy again.

No more chances.

wrs
League One Player
League One Player

Post by wrs » 22 Jul 2008, 11:01

sack the board :dance:

Dirk Diggler
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Dirk Diggler » 22 Jul 2008, 12:34

wrs wrote:sack the board :dance:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Long Live The Monkey Munch!!!

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 22 Jul 2008, 14:37

Awww not today of all days surely. :)

WHELDON-ROAD-END
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by WHELDON-ROAD-END » 23 Jul 2008, 03:29

old cas lass wrote:
Sack the board and Cas go in to chaos! simple as ..
Same goes if we sack TM alot of players respect and look upto him and i reckon some would go if we was forced out!

Bigwig
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Bigwig » 25 Jul 2008, 15:09

WHELDON-ROAD-END wrote:
old cas lass wrote:
Sack the board and Cas go in to chaos! simple as ..
WRE mate, thats a daft statement. First, please tell me who will or can sack them? They can only sack theirselves. Why on earth would the club go into chaos if they went in any other form. the club has been in enough chaos at times, with them at the helm. There are several talented personnel who would do a very good job if they were allowed to, and there would also be substantial investment too.
Same goes if we sack TM alot of players respect and look upto him and i reckon some would go if we was forced out!
I actually agree with you. At this moment in time it would not make much sense to sack him but most players could not give a 4XXXX if he went and there are some who would love to see the back of him.