Players for next season

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
GILLwarrior
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by GILLwarrior » 26 Jun 2008, 13:51

Flat Capper wrote:
betts21 wrote:isnt fekas sentancing soon????
I believe so. Maybe he'll be sent to serve two years in the Cas team.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Think the charge got suspended didnt it??

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 26 Jun 2008, 14:04

I think he's up this week or next, looks like prison time to me from what I've read in the papers

Johnny
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Johnny » 28 Jun 2008, 13:33

dettoriman wrote:
GILLwarrior wrote:Heard today wigan are getting Fozzard and Fui Fui Moi Moi.

We are getting iafeta paleaaesina
I was told we were sniffing about over the possibilities of Paleaaesina - And also Fozzard was going to the pies -- So this wouldnt suprise me but a deal is a long way off yet i was told

Someone mentioned this the other week and you laughed and said i doubt that.

monkeyface
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by monkeyface » 28 Jun 2008, 14:55

dettoriman wrote:

I was told we were sniffing about over the possibilities of Paleaaesina - And also Fozzard was going to the pies -- So this wouldnt suprise me but a deal is a long way off yet i was told
Cas are interested about the possibility of buying iafeta paleaaesina and Wigan are ok about him leaving as they need to offload due to salary cap regulations, theres another team in S/L also interested but i dont know who, also Widnes have shown interest in him , with the latter been a no go .

i dont let on that i know things as i dont the above was mentioned at a golf day with some players from a few clubs,there where other names mentioned whitch i cannot remember due to too much wine and beer ,so im not gonna guess at them,

But i do really think that we will have a not too bad squad next year

Glassblower

Post by Glassblower » 28 Jun 2008, 21:56

monkeyface wrote:
dettoriman wrote:

You have more confidence than I have.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 28 Jun 2008, 22:03

monkeyface wrote:

Why who have we got, we aint signed anyone yet have we.

Fully
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Fully » 28 Jun 2008, 22:05

If they're English, none that can be announced until Sept 1st.
--------------------------------------------------------
ACCOUNT CLOSED WITH OWNERS PERMISSION

Bomber
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Bomber » 28 Jun 2008, 23:51

Forget about players our top priority should be to bring in a quality coach.
When was the last time we brought in an established coach and not an Aussie wanna be?.

Fully
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Fully » 29 Jun 2008, 00:05

Bomber wrote:Forget about players our top priority should be to bring in a quality coach.
When was the last time we brought in an established coach and not an Aussie wanna be?.
I wouldn't be so confident they'd get a decent coach in, never mind team.
--------------------------------------------------------
ACCOUNT CLOSED WITH OWNERS PERMISSION

Dubai Cas Lad
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Dubai Cas Lad » 29 Jun 2008, 05:16

as much as i think terry is having a terrible season for us, id liek to see him with a squad that can compete well on paper and then see what he offers. not making excuses up for him as i beleive we could do a lot better than him....but saying that id rather give the gay a chance with a good side to play around with rather than get rid now and replace yet another coach with someone who asnt got the goods for us.

monkeyface
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by monkeyface » 30 Jun 2008, 21:03

Heard tonite that TM is talking or looking at Todd Carney from Canberra , hes a 20 years old with bags of talent and plays at Stand off,but so was Havercheque,

Ive looked at othere sites but nowt mentioned but the guy who told me usually gets it right.

We will see.

THE BUNGLER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by THE BUNGLER » 30 Jun 2008, 21:09

Very much doubt he will be on his way.

He only signed a new 2 year deal (with a further 2 year optional) in March this year, after rejecting huge offers from other clubs.

Would be great if we did get him over, he definetly as bags of potential and also played in the country origin game this year.

monkeyface
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by monkeyface » 30 Jun 2008, 21:15

or well ,that puts that to bed, :(

Glassblower

Post by Glassblower » 30 Jun 2008, 21:40

Bomber wrote: When was the last time we brought in an established coach and not an Aussie wanna be?.
It hasn't happened of late, infact it was decades ago :?

danny lad
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by danny lad » 30 Jun 2008, 23:05

i've heard the todd carney rumour as well, he sounds like a cracking player i hope it is true

Slash
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Slash » 01 Jul 2008, 00:02

monkeyface wrote:Heard tonite that TM is talking or looking at Todd Carney from Canberra , hes a 20 years old with bags of talent and plays at Stand off,but so was Havercheque,

Ive looked at othere sites but nowt mentioned but the guy who told me usually gets it right.

We will see.
To compare Tom Habrecht with Todd Carney is worse than comparing Michael Korkidas with Danny Nutley.

Todd Carney is a very good player, and at 22, still young as well. I would be amazed if we could sign him. If we did, it would be great, but you know what it is like with Cas, always have big names thrown about only to be disappointed when it doesn't happen.

He is definitely the type of player we should be looking at, none of this reserve grade crap, but proven quality players.

However he has only just last month signed a $400,000 a year two year extension to his contract with Canberra. He has also played for the Country Origin side.

We don't stand a chance of signing him in my opinion, I would love to be proven wrong though.

monkeyface
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by monkeyface » 01 Jul 2008, 04:42

Slash wrote:
monkeyface wrote:Heard tonite that TM is talking or looking at Todd Carney from Canberra , hes a 20 years old with bags of talent and plays at Stand off,but so was Havercheque,

We will see.
To compare Tom Habrecht with Todd Carney is worse than comparing Michael Korkidas with Danny Nutley.

Todd Carney is a very good player, and at 22, still young as well. I would be amazed if we could sign him. If we did, it would be great, but you know what it is like with Cas, always have big names thrown about only to be disappointed when it doesn't happen.

He is definitely the type of player we should be looking at, none of this reserve grade crap, but proven quality players.

However he has only just last month signed a $400,000 a year two year extension to his contract with Canberra. He has also played for the Country Origin side.

We don't stand a chance of signing him in my opinion, I would love to be proven wrong though.
it was tong in cheek, as a joke,,,!!!!!and by the way you wont be proven wrong!!! which is a shame,