Who belives????

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Tiger Mad
League One Player
League One Player

Who belives????

Post by Tiger Mad » 26 Jun 2008, 18:11

Who thinks (with there head not there heart) that we will beat Leeds?
WRIGHT TIME TO GO

Beth
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Beth » 26 Jun 2008, 18:17

Im in the middle TBH. I don't think we'll be able to handle the fact that we're favourites for once. Might feel the pressure to perform?

WHELDON-ROAD-END
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by WHELDON-ROAD-END » 26 Jun 2008, 18:18

I honestly believe with my head and heart we will win saturday, the team we've got are the team that have took points from 4 top teams and ran alot of teams close, we always seem to get up for Leeds games and i don't see why Saturday should be no different, win this game and then push on from here with wins over HKR and Huddersfield and see what happens after that.

fenton
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: AFenton90

Post by fenton » 26 Jun 2008, 18:21

I dont think we'll win, but i do believe theres a good chance we can win.

Morrissey
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Morrissey » 26 Jun 2008, 18:45

Beth wrote:Im in the middle TBH. I don't think we'll be able to handle the fact that we're favourites for once. Might feel the pressure to perform?
I think you have it bang on there Beth, the only games this season I have completely been expecting a hammering and genuinely in some cases not looking forward to are the games we've lost.
However, the games where in the build up I have thought to myself "Yeah, we could do this" have generally been our worst performances.
The thing is we seriously should as any team in the league should beat that Leeds team on paper, but as we all know games aren't won on paper and Castleford have that wonderful ability to defy all odds and suprise everyone.
I fear that this may happen on Saturday in a game everyone seems to expect us to win, and as the Leeds youngsters have a chance to stake their claims for a place in the team, coupled with the fact their is still an awful lot of quality in Leeds' team despite 8 out of the first choice seventeen missing, should make it an interesting game.

fenton
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: AFenton90

Post by fenton » 26 Jun 2008, 18:53

Beth wrote:Im in the middle TBH. I don't think we'll be able to handle the fact that we're favourites for once. Might feel the pressure to perform?
Personally i still dont believe we should be favourites looking at their squad.

danny lad
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by danny lad » 26 Jun 2008, 18:58

we have the best chance to win ever.

but we will still throw it away

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 26 Jun 2008, 19:02

I think we will win. They have a good 1-5 and 8-13, but no half backs or subs of note. Thye may have to play first team starters out of posiion to make up.

Wigan played a team of first and second teamers a few years ago and we stuffed them by 50 points. Cas are not that far away at the best of times, so Cas by 8. :pray:

monkeyface
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by monkeyface » 26 Jun 2008, 19:46

just hope we dont tire in the last 20 , but deep down i think we will be up for it , Cas by 6,

NAILBITER :D

alftupper
League One Player
League One Player

Post by alftupper » 26 Jun 2008, 20:00

even with their absentees they still have more than enough to brush us aside.

castigerrob
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by castigerrob » 26 Jun 2008, 20:03

we'll get stuffed by at least 20

Steadman_4_PM
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Steadman_4_PM » 26 Jun 2008, 20:27

Sure they've still got a very good 19 man squad out there with quality like Webb, Donald, Leuluai, Diskin, JJB and Lauitiiti....... but there's also some huge holes in the match day 17.

I fancy Brent Webb will play stand off and probably partner Jordan Tansey in the halves, so while there's quality there they certainly aren't a like for like replacement for Burrows and McGuire. Diskin will do his usual at hooker but he was poor against Saints and speaking to Leeds fans he's been off his game all season. Normally to rest him Leeds would stick Sinfield at dummy half, but I fancy they'll have to use Kaye off the bench which lessens their bulk to bring on.

You've also got to consider that they will be without anything like a tried and tested centre, and that's on both flanks. Scott Donald will still cause us trouble but without their usual strength in the centres I feel we can cause them some real problems. Shenny should have a field day running at Watkins and co.

That only leave the forward battle and OK this isn't at home, but we fronted up against a very big Wigan pack didn't we? Would have been nice to slot Gutts into the pack, or hope beyond hope have Sargent available, but its not to be.

All in all, we may be light on numbers but we aren't missing in particular areas. Leeds are without both halfbacks, their captain and loose forward, their main ball carrier in Peacock etc etc etc. We play a simply game with good kicking and we have a chance................that's a chance, not we will win but lets be honest, internationals missing or not I'm sure we'd all be happy to compete with Leeds away from home. Anything like a result is a bonus.
Adrian Flynn's career low was playing for Featherstone - "Horrible Supporters"

Bone!
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Bone! » 26 Jun 2008, 20:43

We aren't the favourites Beth. Check the betting Market. we're nowhere near Favourites.

Although I do believe that if we're ever gonna win at Leeds then saturday is the time. We last won there (against Leeds) in 2002 when they had 5 players out due to International.
6 Years on and I believe this is our chance to beat the Leeds 'think they are United' Whinos at Headingley!

TIGER DAZ

Post by TIGER DAZ » 26 Jun 2008, 21:53

I do (with 14 start) :D

Beth
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Beth » 26 Jun 2008, 22:17

Bone! wrote:
We aren't the favourites Beth. Check the betting Market. we're nowhere near Favourites.

Although I do believe that if we're ever gonna win at Leeds then saturday is the time. We last won there (against Leeds) in 2002 when they had 5 players out due to International.
6 Years on and I believe this is our chance to beat the Leeds 'think they are United' Whinos at Headingley!
We might not be favourites when it comes to the betting market, but phsycologically we've got the pressure on us because Leeds have a lot of main players out. (Despite their squad still being strong - I know) The players will feel like they need to win due to Leeds being a little understrength and alsobecause a lot of Cas fans/Leeds fans expect us to win (Because of Leeds being understrength)

Birstalltiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Birstalltiger » 26 Jun 2008, 22:28

I beleive we will stuff the Diirty Leeds Sc-m.
The best looking Cas fan outside Cas

Bomber
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Bomber » 26 Jun 2008, 22:48

Even Leeds with a quater of a side out are still far too strong for us, we cannot keep a side below 20 points and I think that will be enough for Leeds to win with them being really up for this to bring a shock off.
LEEDS 26 CAS 16

dettoriman
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: Dettoriman

Post by dettoriman » 26 Jun 2008, 22:53

I am gobsmacked that we are getting 14 start - And i think Daz your on to a sure bet, I am backing us off level and i am very confident
Loyalty Costs Nothing !

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 26 Jun 2008, 23:25

No.
Spreading the Cas gene pool

WHELDON-ROAD-END
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by WHELDON-ROAD-END » 27 Jun 2008, 02:01

IV NEVER BEEN MORE CONFIDENT AND READY GOING TO HEADINGLEY IN MY LIFE.
I THINK WE CAN DO IT! WELL WE NEED TO DO IT BECAUSE ...

BEAT THESE AND HOPE HUDDERS LOSE SUNDAY TO SAINTS
WE GO 2 POINTS BEHIND THEM

IF WE BEAT HKR AND HOPE HUDDERS LOSE WERE DRAWING

AND THEN WHEN WE PLAY HUDDERS WEL GO INFRONT IF WE WIN - DRAWS NO GOOD AS THERE POINTS FOR IS FAR MORE SUPERIOR

PLEASE CAS DO OUR TOWN SOMETHING AMAZING FOR ONCE.
ACTUALLY PUT US ON MAP FOR WINNING MORE TEAMS AND BIGGER NAMED SIDES THAN HAVING DWAYNE CHAMBER DOWN TO ACTUALLY GET US NOTICED FOR 5 MINS.