James Evans...

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Morrissey
Academy Player
Academy Player

James Evans...

Post by Morrissey » 28 Jun 2008, 10:34

...on his way to us?

http://forums.rlfans.com/viewtopic.php?t=362462

I know this has been mentioned before on here, but just found that thread on RLFANS.

dettoriman
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: Dettoriman

Post by dettoriman » 28 Jun 2008, 11:04

I have heard he has signed for next year from a few people so i expect it to be true
Loyalty Costs Nothing !

SherburnTiger88
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by SherburnTiger88 » 28 Jun 2008, 11:10

I thought we were building for the future? :roll:

He's 30+ and looks 40+!

He's got a decent engine though and would probably be an half decent signing for us.

If true.
And It's Hull City! Hullll Cityyyyy FC! We're by far the greatest team the world has ever seen!!!!!
Silverware! We Don't Care! We'll follow City/Tigers Everywhere!!!

steadygetyerboots-on
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by steadygetyerboots-on » 28 Jun 2008, 11:54

Everyone of us would love to see Cas go out and sign the best players, but this isn't going to hppen overnight. The club just isn't an attractie enogh proposition at the moment. Personaly I think as long as the players we recruit are better than the ones we currently have I don't think we can grumble too much. Slow and steady is the way to build a stong team, you only have to look at Warrington to see that paying large sums of money for the so called leading lights doesn't always pan out how you think it will. Add that to the team in direct contrast of Wire; i.e. Wakey you can see that they hae steadily built themselves up, adding better players each year and letting the poorer ones go.
Evans will do for a year or two for me.
"Stand by me as I stand by you, be brave and dare to dream".

Shameless
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Shameless » 28 Jun 2008, 11:59

Well said Steady, we need a solid foundation not a free payday for a few NRL stars on holiday - Matt King anyone?

Steadman_4_PM
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Steadman_4_PM » 28 Jun 2008, 12:36

Shameless wrote:Well said Steady, we need a solid foundation not a free payday for a few NRL stars on holiday - Matt King anyone?
I agree there, but in terms of the centres isn't Shenton, Dixon, McGoldrick, Lupton and perhaps some of the academy like Arundel making that foundation?

James Evans was discarded by Huddersfield back in 2006 because he wasn't good enough for them, Wakey took him for the rest of the season because at the time, they couldn't beat anyone (apart from us)...... In 2007 he joins Bradford and while you can't argue he got game time so must be deemed decent, you also have to remember he's playing in a very good side.

For me he's a very similar example to when Leeds took Andrew Dunemann or Wigan took Shane Millard. Both were the wrong side of 30 and past their best, but when surrounded by quality players and only asked to play a 'bit part', they did very very well. For us, he's likely to expect to play most weeks and for me he simply isn't the calibre we should be looking at....... especially not in the centres.
Adrian Flynn's career low was playing for Featherstone - "Horrible Supporters"

Bomber
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Bomber » 28 Jun 2008, 14:17

Probably Evans can do us a good job for a season, shame it wasn't back in 2006 though.
He will give us solid cover in the three quaters , which we certainly need as there doesn't appear to be anyone knocking on the 1st team door from our juniors at present .

monkeyface
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by monkeyface » 28 Jun 2008, 14:41

Bomber wrote:Probably Evans can do us a good job for a season, shame it wasn't back in 2006 though.
He will give us solid cover in the three quaters , which we certainly need as there doesn't appear to be anyone knocking on the 1st team door from our juniors at present .
yes he will deffo do a good job for us ,quite solid infact, and very well liked at the bulls,

Danny Boy
Verified

Post by Danny Boy » 28 Jun 2008, 15:34

I believe Evans is a decent signing for the squad, he's a solid performer, in attack and defence (if indeed he has signed).

I think him going to Wakey in 2006, was one of the factors which led to our relegation. Had we signed him on loan from Shudders, I really believe it would have been Wakey relegated rather than us, as we were struggling for threequarters at that time and he did a great job for the polecats.

We will have to wait and see if he's signed or not, but if so I'm sure he won't let us down. We're never going to have a squad of 25 world beaters, so we have to expect a few guys like James coming onboard.
Danny Boy

Glassblower

Post by Glassblower » 28 Jun 2008, 21:41

Evans ? guess we are not going for speed or charisma in the future.

Fully
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Fully » 28 Jun 2008, 21:44

Glassblower wrote:Evans ? guess we are not going for speed or charisma in the future.
No, we're going for average proven SL players. That's if it is true.
--------------------------------------------------------
ACCOUNT CLOSED WITH OWNERS PERMISSION

Glassblower

Post by Glassblower » 28 Jun 2008, 21:45

Fully wrote:
Glassblower wrote:Evans ? guess we are not going for speed or charisma in the future.
No, we're going for average proven SL players. That's if it is true.
In his prime James was average, not sure where he is at right now tbh

classy cas
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by classy cas » 30 Jun 2008, 13:16

We should have signed this guy in 2006 before wakey did. Look what he did to us on the final game of the season. We had a chance to sign him from hudds and i believe the club was offered him and turned it down.

To sign this guy now would be a clear intention that the club is going nowhere and signing no better than we have. Macca(if he ever plays there), dixon, owen are of the same quality and all younger.

I can not see Evans improving our squad. We already have alot of good blokes who try, but arent quick and strong enough. Why add another?.

fig of whitwood
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by fig of whitwood » 30 Jun 2008, 13:47

All depends whether Ellery want's him........what have i said !!!!

monkeyface
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by monkeyface » 30 Jun 2008, 13:52

fig of whitwood wrote:All depends whether Ellery want's him........what have i said !!!!
wot have you said , oh no not him again, the wife has seen him this morning going into Pontefract, on foot, "so she said on the phone ,too much ale last night me thinks)