what excuses now?

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Fully
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Fully » 28 Jun 2008, 21:39

braytontiger wrote:
Fully wrote:
neil wrote:players that must go who are not super league standed donlan fletcher wainwright korkidas henderson clayton leafa lupton moore leeds played the game with no half backs and we still could not beat them well played leeds tnite what was mick robinson stood with nobby noble for lets hope he was giving them korki.
Easy to point fingers at players isn't it?

Wainwright had a good game, as did Korkidas. Hendo did fantastic from hooker.

Clayton, Leafa and Moore didnt play so how on EARTH can you criticise them?

Clayton is a solid defensive player. By no means sets the world alight but does a good enough job.

Leafa has been out injured for bloody half a season. Give the guy a chance.

Moore is still learning. He's not the finished product, but he still does a decent enough job. Yeah, he's prone to errors, but that comes part of a team that is erroneous all over the field.

of all the posts ive ever read on this site thats the first time ive had to read it twice to make sure id read it right,i like your optimism fully but if you believe those views may i suggest you go watch a few rugby games where cas are not playing and you will then see what we are missing.

i hope no offence is taken.
None taken. I know we need better. I'm like any other Cas fan. Thinking we need and deserve much better for our loyalty. I'm not happy to be bottom, I'm not happy to be on the back of such defeats. But the players can only play to their levels. Some of them don't deserve to be in a Cas shirt, some do. Not their fault if they're not good enough.
--------------------------------------------------------
ACCOUNT CLOSED WITH OWNERS PERMISSION

alftupper
League One Player
League One Player

Post by alftupper » 28 Jun 2008, 21:44

most of the level headed among us predicted a defeat tonight. I have to hold my hands up as I thought it would have been by a bigger margin.

I sometimes wonder which team some of you have been watching this season to give you so much optimism.

We are a National League side with two 'star' signings who have been misfiring all season.

Fully
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Fully » 28 Jun 2008, 21:45

We are too good for NL1 and not good enough for SL. Think Sherwin is just starting to get into his stride. Unfortunately the forwards don't make enough yards, and the backs arent good enough.

Renegade
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Renegade » 28 Jun 2008, 21:56

braytontiger wrote:
Fully wrote:
neil wrote:players that must go who are not super league standed donlan fletcher wainwright korkidas henderson clayton leafa lupton moore leeds played the game with no half backs and we still could not beat them well played leeds tnite what was mick robinson stood with nobby noble for lets hope he was giving them korki.
Easy to point fingers at players isn't it?

Wainwright had a good game, as did Korkidas. Hendo did fantastic from hooker.

Clayton, Leafa and Moore didnt play so how on EARTH can you criticise them?

Clayton is a solid defensive player. By no means sets the world alight but does a good enough job.

Leafa has been out injured for bloody half a season. Give the guy a chance.

Moore is still learning. He's not the finished product, but he still does a decent enough job. Yeah, he's prone to errors, but that comes part of a team that is erroneous all over the field.

of all the posts ive ever read on this site thats the first time ive had to read it twice to make sure id read it right,i like your optimism fully but if you believe those views may i suggest you go watch a few rugby games where cas are not playing and you will then see what we are missing.

i hope no offence is taken.
Spot on brayton but unfortunately the lad has been got at and is just going to defend them now willy nilly. Wainwright, and hendo may have done alright but we are talking week in week out. actually Korky was one of our better players but one game or two is not good enough. and bear in mind he was up against a team with Jones Buchanan in the centre, webb at scrum half and nine under 21 / academy players in. He ought to be able to do it against that lot.

You do not need for clayton, moore or Leafa to have played tonight to realise they are not good enough over the course of a season. If Fully wants to go in with all that lot next season plus some others no matter how well they did or did not play tonight, then we will just be in for another season the same as this and we will still be making the same posts and comments we have done this season.

A lot of them are alright if you want some effort putting in to keep the score down.
Last edited by Renegade on 28 Jun 2008, 22:18, edited 1 time in total.

Glassblower

Post by Glassblower » 28 Jun 2008, 21:58

Fully wrote:We are too good for NL1 and not good enough for SL. Think Sherwin is just starting to get into his stride. Unfortunately the forwards don't make enough yards, and the backs arent good enough.
Apart from that we are okay.

Fully
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Fully » 28 Jun 2008, 21:59

Where did I say go in with the same side? I've just been defending their efforts.

Wainwright puts in 100% effort every game he plays, only to be shot down and told that he's as bad as the rest of the bunch. That's unfair criticism in my opinion.

Yeah he may not be good enough at level, but at least he's willing to try. I'd rather see Cas player's showing effort than Cas player's playing poorly, even if they aren't good enough for this level.

Fully
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Fully » 28 Jun 2008, 21:59

Glassblower wrote:
Fully wrote:We are too good for NL1 and not good enough for SL. Think Sherwin is just starting to get into his stride. Unfortunately the forwards don't make enough yards, and the backs arent good enough.
Apart from that we are okay.
Well RW says we need to quality players this season to have a good side. He must have been watching another side. :lol:

The Happy Hooker
Academy Player
Academy Player
Location: Usually found between open side and blind side prop

Post by The Happy Hooker » 28 Jun 2008, 22:05

Jones Bishop Donlan

Donald Fletcher
Smith Owen
JJB Shenny
? Wainwright

Allen (Debut) Dorn
Webb Shifty

Leulai Korky
Diskin Hendo
Burgess Chubbs

Bailey Lupo
Laitititi Catic
Worrall Tatooed lady

Forgive me, but which side would you have the most confidence in of winning from the above, without considering that:

Michael Haley and his sub mate was making his debut, with Ben Kaye a regular as hooker in Leeds res.

Think the methods of the coach need a reallity check :evil:
We await his second coming, Chuck Hardisty MkII

"It does not require many words to speak the truth"...Chief Joseph, Nez Perce

Fully
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Fully » 28 Jun 2008, 22:08

Can I vote for a mixture of the two.

Renegade
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Renegade » 28 Jun 2008, 22:11

The Happy Hooker wrote:
Jones Bishop Donlan

Donald Fletcher
Smith Owen
JJB Shenny
? Wainwright

Allen (Debut) Dorn
Webb Shifty

Leulai Korky
Diskin Hendo
Burgess Chubbs

Bailey Lupo
Laitititi Catic
Worrall Tatooed lady

Forgive me, but which side would you have the most confidence in of winning from the above, without considering that:

Michael Haley and his sub mate was making his debut, with Ben Kaye a regular as hooker in Leeds res.

Think the methods of the coach need a reallity check :evil:
Missing winger was Hall and the four subs were Charlie Williams, Danny Kaye, Jeff Chandler and Bill Haley. All they needed was his comets. :)

Stumped
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Stumped » 28 Jun 2008, 23:06

Anybody know why Brendan Hlad didn't play?

Timo
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Timo » 28 Jun 2008, 23:10

Probably dropped to make way for Fletcher to start

Stumped
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Stumped » 28 Jun 2008, 23:21

I would have thought after his game against Wigan he should have played.

Bomber
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Bomber » 28 Jun 2008, 23:41

It is becoming blatently obvious for anyone who wants to see that as a club we can not move forward with the present coaching regime.
We could have the entire Aussie national side and TM would find away for thrm to lose.
Before we start talking about players for next year lets get a coach in who as a clue.
TM TIME TO GO

Wicksy
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Wicksy » 29 Jun 2008, 01:44

TM + MR have to go now .

Maybe they don't want to stand down because they want to rectify the mistakes they've made in seasons gone by.

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 29 Jun 2008, 20:48

themacs wrote:usual . we can take lots of posatives out of the game.... We must be overflowing with these..................

if we took the positives out of every game we have lost we would be world beaters by now

Glassblower

Re: what excuses now?

Post by Glassblower » 30 Jun 2008, 22:01

durham tiger wrote:Cant think of any for not winning tonight. 14 players? missing from the leeds side and we still cant win.
What does TM say at half time?

I don't know mate, but I wish he wouldn't :?

zart
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by zart » 01 Jul 2008, 14:58

He must say keep the effort going lads there is only 20 mins left to play :lol: