Typical Cas

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Matt
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @invmatt

Typical Cas

Post by Matt » 28 Jun 2008, 20:59

I couldn't make the game tonight nor receive any updates. To get home and find out we'd lost to Leeds academy is embarrassing.

After this season unless something major happens I won't be renewing my season ticket or purchasing a shirt.

Castleford Tigers - laughing stock of RL.

Jack Bauer
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Jack Bauer » 28 Jun 2008, 21:00

I agree, i really thought we would win, especially with Leeds having so many out.

Fully
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Fully » 28 Jun 2008, 21:01

Feel sorry for Nev who backed the club with so much money, only for them to not show the same determination to win.
--------------------------------------------------------
ACCOUNT CLOSED WITH OWNERS PERMISSION

Di
Verified
Twitter: @diddididi64

Post by Di » 28 Jun 2008, 22:21

Fully wrote:Feel sorry for Nev who backed the club with so much money, only for them to not show the same determination to win.
It was Daz
TIGER DAZ wrote:I do (with 14 start) :D

Casforum is a non-profit website. We rely on donations and forum advertising to keep the site alive. If you'd like to donate please contact any administrator. In return we'll give you a shiny new forum rank!

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 28 Jun 2008, 22:24

wonder how much he's won.

Fully
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Fully » 28 Jun 2008, 22:34

old cas lass wrote:wonder how much he's won.
Nothing I'd guess if he's backed Cas to beat Leeds.

big-t
League One Player
League One Player

Post by big-t » 28 Jun 2008, 22:41

Fully wrote:
But the ticket says with a 14 point start

Jazzman
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Jazzman » 28 Jun 2008, 22:43

Fully wrote:
He took 14 points start, so full marks for courage. Looks like 5-4 on odds on the slip, so 500 on and 900 back.

Top result. well done

Fully
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Fully » 28 Jun 2008, 23:11

Ah. Fair enough. Lucky him lol.

TIGER DAZ

Post by TIGER DAZ » 28 Jun 2008, 23:23

Happy to win a few quid especially with a baby on the way, but by god it's bitter sweet.

I don't know how others are feeling about the big picture but i just want this season over, the club to flood the squad with talented players, get rid of the dead wood and look forward to new beginnings in 2009.

I think we all know that things aren't going to change on a grand scale this year, so if we're going to stick with the club we'll just have to roll with it and treat every win as a bonus and positive as a bonus.

Absolutely no excuses next year, being the whipping boys and wooder spooners MUST come to an end.

it hurts like hell for all of us, but we can't say for certain that getting rid of the coach will change our fortunes, so let's give him one year were we aren't starting off from a disadvantaged position and see if he can deliver.

ayeup
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by ayeup » 29 Jun 2008, 00:42

TIGER DAZ wrote:flood the squad with talented players, get rid of the dead wood and look forward to new beginnings in 2009.
Why do you think next year will be different from the last eight?

alftupper
League One Player
League One Player

Post by alftupper » 29 Jun 2008, 08:16

I would say it's a certainty that the two promoted clubs or should I say franchises will finish bottom next year with our most likely position being third from bottom - anything higher I would consider a success.

There are not enough players to service a 12 team SL so it's beyond me where the players are going to come from for the 13th and 14th clubs.

tigerman1
League One Player
League One Player

Post by tigerman1 » 29 Jun 2008, 08:42

Tiger Daz Wrote

it hurts like hell for all of us, but we can't say for certain that getting rid of the coach will change our fortunes, so let's give him one year were we aren't starting off from a disadvantaged position and see if he can deliver

1st Daz well done on your bet

i would deffo be wanting rid of TM now, the bloke is very likable ok not the most charasmatic man in the world but likable. but as a coach IMO he offers no tactical nous no insperation, determination, etc etc..........ive forgotten how mant times we have bombed a two pointer to be laid to the sword, a few weeks back we could have gone in against waky level but no we wanted to score a try lost the ball and went in thurther in trouble and we all know about how it feels going in at half time just after a score against you.. we did well with a team last year that was far superior to any in that league and there shouldnt have been any hick ups, the team would have been at most times playing its own game and won many of the matches, this year its different, the teams are far superior to us and this is where a great coach comes into his own one that can see weakness in a side and exploit it, one that can squeeze that extra effort out of his players one that rules the side with a ruthless side so players are in no doubt take your eye off the ball and your out.....do we have this not in a million years.
we have a coach who couldnt plan the downfall of a lego wall, inspires the men that much we play worse 90% of the time in the second half i wish we could get a listen to what he actually says to them :roll: :roll: , and a coach who is happy to see a flourishing drinking culture in front of our younger players who will if taken down that road follow suit..... GET A [Cut out the swearing] GRIP TM ffs and as for player out of position ive heard a rumour that the RFL are looking at 14 a side next year as matterson has devised another position for Ryan to play in....... :lol:

or we will see a banner flying over cas every other sunday saying IT DOESNT MATTER SON ITS ONLY MATTERSON!
A win a win my kingdom for a win

AVM a much misunderstood and unknown condition http://www.avmsupport.org.uk/

I wished my bank balance was a big as our points against

have you ever seen comical Ali and RW in the same room... didnt think so.

open your mind but especially your eyes

tupper
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by tupper » 29 Jun 2008, 09:02

TIGER DAZ wrote:Happy to win a few quid especially with a baby on the way, but by god it's bitter sweet.

I don't know how others are feeling about the big picture but i just want this season over, the club to flood the squad with talented players, get rid of the dead wood and look forward to new beginnings in 2009.

I think we all know that things aren't going to change on a grand scale this year, so if we're going to stick with the club we'll just have to roll with it and treat every win as a bonus and positive as a bonus.

Absolutely no excuses next year, being the whipping boys and wooder spooners MUST come to an end.Well done

it hurts like hell for all of us, but we can't say for certain that getting rid of the coach will change our fortunes, so let's give him one year were we aren't starting off from a disadvantaged position and see if he can deliver.
I agree TD btw i had £50 on at 3/1 wish i,d done same as you and taken the start well done. :( 8)
New stadium here we come

dettoriman
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: Dettoriman

Post by dettoriman » 29 Jun 2008, 09:14

Well i had £40 on at 9/2 and i was counting my money at 12-4 - Only for our super stars to fall away and let the kids rip us apart

What annoys me is we made so many breaks with no support and has so much ball and we had no idea -- Leeds could just pick the ball up, run straight through the middle and there were 12 men wanting the ball to score the try
Loyalty Costs Nothing !

THE BUNGLER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by THE BUNGLER » 29 Jun 2008, 09:36

dettoriman wrote:What annoys me is we made so many breaks with no support and has so much ball and we had no idea -- Leeds could just pick the ball up, run straight through the middle and there were 12 men wanting the ball to score the try
Been the same all season. It seems that we have no one who is willing to bust a gut and support the ball carrier or simple push throughs.

Was the same last week, when Catic and Hlad made breaks. Can remember Korky in Cardiff, received the ball bout 20 out dominated the tackle turned looked for support and the closest IIRC was Higgins who was still 5 metres away.

We simply aren't good enough..... FACT, end of.

stevem
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by stevem » 29 Jun 2008, 10:10

Di wrote:
Fully wrote:Feel sorry for Nev who backed the club with so much money, only for them to not show the same determination to win.
It was Daz
TIGER DAZ wrote:I do (with 14 start) :D

He's staked £500 to win £400. So wins the £400 plus his bet back of £500 ! Well,done mate !!

Mr. Tiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mr. Tiger » 29 Jun 2008, 10:49

what cost cas was the pathetic tactics to opt for 2 point on more than one occassion and not only miss the bleeding posts, but we had leeds on the rack and should of pushed for 4 or 6 points. on the back of definately one and maybe a second leeds went up other end and scored. yesterday was the worst team display i have seen for some time.

yesterday only highlighted just how awfull we are and not how good leeds' kids were!!!

TM, RW, BoD, MR, anyone connected with cas................we are a ******* disgrace!!!!

Cleaned up - Sigon