Time to go TM

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Fully
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Fully » 29 Jun 2008, 21:11

dettoriman wrote:
old cas lass wrote:
fig of whitwood wrote:May not even make the end of the season.
Anyone lined up, steve foulkes please.

Hope it's not sharp ex hudds as rumours are going about he will be our next coach, please nooooooooo.
I know who i would like to be next coach
Me and you mate. Think we should put it to RW next time we see him. ;)
--------------------------------------------------------
ACCOUNT CLOSED WITH OWNERS PERMISSION

cutsyke tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Time to go TM

Post by cutsyke tiger » 29 Jun 2008, 21:11

Bone! wrote:
cutsyke tiger wrote:
He has had 3 seasons to be judged and his track record would not be tolerated at any other club, what makes you think things will be different next season is he suddenly going to get to grips with the drink problem that has been rife at the club since he took over,is his man management skills suddenly going to improve IE the mason saga and others and which by the way could be whats wrong with corkie ,is he going to get to grips with the fittness of the team next season as at the moment i watch amateurs that are fitter, not to mention the players he has signed that are second raters,sorry mate but i for one do not want to wait untill the end of next season to judge him IMO and of many many others it is time he was sent packing back to oz with his buddy MR before we reach the point of no return and end up like our near neighbours,
Got my breath back after reading that....

Well its clear everybody wants him to go, so im out voted on this one. Maybe he would get to grips with things if his job was on the line, who knows.

As Parky said, if he was to go, whats the point in him going now anyway? we're doomed for this season already so why get shut of him now?

Anyway, if what I hear is true then he won't be here next season, and thats without him getting the sack! It sounds convincing, but weather its true I don't know.

As for our Near Neighbours... Wakefield? Id sooner be like them anyday ;)
i would be happy for us to be performing like the pussy cats but unfortunatly our near neighbours are the flat cap brigade :dance:

Fully
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Fully » 29 Jun 2008, 21:13

I would say don't believe everything you hear.

fig of whitwood
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by fig of whitwood » 29 Jun 2008, 21:29

Exactly.

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 29 Jun 2008, 22:01

fig of whitwood wrote:TM's leaving anyway.
says who ?

Fully
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Fully » 29 Jun 2008, 22:03

fords wrote:
says who ?
Hear'say on the straight that has escalated, and now everyone believes.

If we would have won, I doubt this thread would be here. Someone's getting a big kick out of it.

Bone!
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Bone! » 29 Jun 2008, 22:03

fords wrote:
says who ?
i cant confirm if he is leaving or not, but I have reason to believe.

Rubberlegs
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Rubberlegs » 29 Jun 2008, 23:08

Do you think Matterson will definately go then? I saw him at our game (Fev) today at Batley. Think he was watching Nathan Massey who looks pretty decent. Strong for a young lad!!

dettoriman
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: Dettoriman

Post by dettoriman » 29 Jun 2008, 23:24

I doubt he will go................................................Before the end of the season
Loyalty Costs Nothing !

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 30 Jun 2008, 00:23

TM can't go, he doesn't know the way! ;)
Spreading the Cas gene pool

Skip
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Skip » 30 Jun 2008, 09:08

There's never a good time to get rid of a coach. It's a fact that throwing things up in the air is never a great thing to do.

However(and I hate to mention i've been saying this for nearly 3 years now): There's no time like the present. As a head coach, TM is lost. He may be good with the kids, but i'd debate whether the kids were already good enough to start with.

People can lament us not having a fantastic side for SL, and say 'give him a full season with no disadvantages' - but for me the side we have now is one that is capable of competing with at least the bottom half of the SL table, and win more often than not. The facts are that we're not winning, due to an unprofessional attitude to training/playing, poor man management, poor discipline, poor leadership, and poor (at times woeful) tactics. In fact most weeks we're not only not winning - we're getting hammered or embarrassed.

Firstly, let's get one thing straight: Bringing in 6/7 players in the off season is a BAD idea. Equate this to throwing 6 complete strangers together into a team situation and we'll be no better off than our situation in 2006. We should have brought in 3/4 players in during the course of this season to get them integrated and settled into the side, and 3/4 players in during the off season. The facts are we've not done that, and we will suffer for it next year, barring some sort of miracle.

But we're detracting from the main point, which is TM is not a head coach. He hasn't been since he's been here. He has had 3 years nearly to show us what he can do, and we're still heading for our worst SL season ever. He doesn't have the tactical expertees to guide our players into attacking properly (flat line attack doesn't cut it in SL - it might in NL1, but not in SL. Second phase rugby is what wins games) or defending properly. He can't even find a position on the field for what is supposedly one of our star players - when it's obvious to everyone with eyesight he is only suitable for a centre role. There's too much pressure on goldie to create chances when he is really at his best running his lines. More often than not goldies choices ball in hand when he's forced to try create something are bad ones - so why give him that responsibility? In defence he is woeful at FB, and not great at stand-off. If anything he should be back in the centre with a second rower inside him to help him out. If anything his game is suffering because he doesn't know from week to week where he's playing.

As fans, we need to stop looking at next season. We've done that for the last 3 years nearly...

The more we look off into the horizon, the more we lose sight of what is happening in the present. We are being humiliated in the top flight of RL. And the more this happens, the more we are going to be a very unwelcomed proposition for any of these 'top-class' signings we all so desperately want. It's all a knock-on effect.

Like i've said in the past - something has got to give. You can't get rid of an entire squad, so all you can do is replace the coach. No other self-respecting coach in SL would be letting their players act the way ours do.

We all talk about wanting to clear out deadwood - I can see 2 pieces of australian deadwood ruining our club.
Why do today what you can put off till tomorrow?

There is a thin line between insanity and genius. I walk that line every day.

Mr. Tiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mr. Tiger » 30 Jun 2008, 09:29

Skip wrote:There's never a good time to get rid of a coach. It's a fact that throwing things up in the air is never a great thing to do.

However(and I hate to mention i've been saying this for nearly 3 years now): There's no time like the present. As a head coach, TM is lost. He may be good with the kids, but i'd debate whether the kids were already good enough to start with.

People can lament us not having a fantastic side for SL, and say 'give him a full season with no disadvantages' - but for me the side we have now is one that is capable of competing with at least the bottom half of the SL table, and win more often than not. The facts are that we're not winning, due to an unprofessional attitude to training/playing, poor man management, poor discipline, poor leadership, and poor (at times woeful) tactics. In fact most weeks we're not only not winning - we're getting hammered or embarrassed.

Firstly, let's get one thing straight: Bringing in 6/7 players in the off season is a BAD idea. Equate this to throwing 6 complete strangers together into a team situation and we'll be no better off than our situation in 2006. We should have brought in 3/4 players in during the course of this season to get them integrated and settled into the side, and 3/4 players in during the off season. The facts are we've not done that, and we will suffer for it next year, barring some sort of miracle.

But we're detracting from the main point, which is TM is not a head coach. He hasn't been since he's been here. He has had 3 years nearly to show us what he can do, and we're still heading for our worst SL season ever. He doesn't have the tactical expertees to guide our players into attacking properly (flat line attack doesn't cut it in SL - it might in NL1, but not in SL. Second phase rugby is what wins games) or defending properly. He can't even find a position on the field for what is supposedly one of our star players - when it's obvious to everyone with eyesight he is only suitable for a centre role. There's too much pressure on goldie to create chances when he is really at his best running his lines. More often than not goldies choices ball in hand when he's forced to try create something are bad ones - so why give him that responsibility? In defence he is woeful at FB, and not great at stand-off. If anything he should be back in the centre with a second rower inside him to help him out. If anything his game is suffering because he doesn't know from week to week where he's playing.

As fans, we need to stop looking at next season. We've done that for the last 3 years nearly...

The more we look off into the horizon, the more we lose sight of what is happening in the present. We are being humiliated in the top flight of RL. And the more this happens, the more we are going to be a very unwelcomed proposition for any of these 'top-class' signings we all so desperately want. It's all a knock-on effect.

Like i've said in the past - something has got to give. You can't get rid of an entire squad, so all you can do is replace the coach. No other self-respecting coach in SL would be letting their players act the way ours do.

We all talk about wanting to clear out deadwood - I can see 2 pieces of australian deadwood ruining our club.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

i WAS a big fan of TM but after recent results and the obvious lack of respect the players have for him he has to go for me!! this is not knee jerk for me it is just an honnest appraisal of the current state of affairs!!

cutsyke tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cutsyke tiger » 30 Jun 2008, 11:38

Skip wrote:There's never a good time to get rid of a coach. It's a fact that throwing things up in the air is never a great thing to do.

good post :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

The Happy Hooker
Academy Player
Academy Player
Location: Usually found between open side and blind side prop

Post by The Happy Hooker » 30 Jun 2008, 16:28

Rubberlegs wrote:Do you think Matterson will definately go then? I saw him at our game (Fev) today at Batley. Think he was watching Nathan Massey who looks pretty decent. Strong for a young lad!!
What the hell was he doing at Batley.........when our next opponents were playing at Odsal..................if true carn't spake :evil:
We await his second coming, Chuck Hardisty MkII

"It does not require many words to speak the truth"...Chief Joseph, Nez Perce

Rubberlegs
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Rubberlegs » 30 Jun 2008, 18:19

The Happy Hooker wrote:
Rubberlegs wrote:Do you think Matterson will definately go then? I saw him at our game (Fev) today at Batley. Think he was watching Nathan Massey who looks pretty decent. Strong for a young lad!!
What the hell was he doing at Batley.........when our next opponents were playing at Odsal..................if true carn't spake :evil:
He was definately behind the sticks at Batley mate, a few of our fans were telling not to nick Prycey back, ha ha!!!

Bone!
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Bone! » 30 Jun 2008, 20:43

yeah he's a good player, i spoke to him a few weeks back and he was telling me he was going to Fev or Halifax.

Halifax was just too much travelling for him :lol: He just wants the chance to play 1st team Rugby rather than acadamy and at Fev he'll get it.
Hope he doesn't go permanently as he will develop into a good player, he's already played once or twice for the first team at Cas, a little bit more experiance for him can't do any harm but good!

Glassblower

Post by Glassblower » 30 Jun 2008, 21:44

Bone! wrote:
Rubberlegs wrote:
a little bit more experiance for him can't do any harm but good!
You obviously haven't been to Fev much :lol: