doom and gloom merchants

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
pie-eater
Academy Player
Academy Player

doom and gloom merchants

Post by pie-eater » 29 Jun 2008, 18:39

WHY do people keep going on about the way we are playing
we knew it was going to be hard with the squad we have.
fair enough we arent that good,but we have beaten the top two teams,and wigan, been close in a few more games.Got a player in the england squad.

If it was upto some people they would have richard wright ,mick robinson et al ,HUNG DRAWN and QUARTERED give them a break.

As for plummeting attendances we are still averaging over 7000 which in my eyes is still pretty good .also ask any other SL fans which team they look forward to playing .....most will still say cas tigers either home or away

and dont you think the players get fed up of all the crititism they get week in and week out even when we win you still find someone
find NEGATIVES to moan about

Be like me an optomist ,things can only get better, write off this season and start looking forward to next season

AS THE SONG GOES" ALWAYS LOOK ON THE BRIGHT SIDE OF LIFE

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Parky
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: doom and gloom merchants

Post by Parky » 29 Jun 2008, 18:44

pie-eater wrote:WHY do people keep going on about the way we are playing
fair enough we arent that good,but we have beaten the top two teams,and wigan, been close in a few more games.Got a player in the england squad.

If it was upto some people they would have richard wright ,mick robinson et al ,HUNG DRAWN and QUARTERED give them a break.

As for plummeting attendances we are still averaging over 7000 which in my eyes is still pretty good .also ask any other SL fans which team they look forward to playing .....most will still say cas tigers either home or away
and dont you think the players get fed up of all the crititism they get week in and week out even when we win you still find someone

Be like me an optomist ,things can only get better, write off this season and start looking forward to next season

Easy 2 points thats why
Furguson, are you listening
Keep the Premiership glistening
Cos when we play you in May
We'll take it away
We're walking in a City wonderland

GThornton
League One Player
League One Player

Post by GThornton » 29 Jun 2008, 18:56

Well, the way i see it is that if we only bring in a few players and keep the same coach. We will still be in the same position next year. We aren't talking doom and gloom here. We are hoping for a change in the way we play and a change of coaching staff might be the answer.

sherburntiger60
Academy Player
Academy Player
Twitter: equalrich

Post by sherburntiger60 » 29 Jun 2008, 19:00

:clap: :clap:

Wicksy
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Wicksy » 29 Jun 2008, 19:04

That's all we ever do .

If we don't make a stand nothing will ever change . So the club have a choice sort it out or watch the fans walk out .

Maybe they don't want to stand down because they want to rectify the mistakes they've made in seasons gone by.

Renegade
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Renegade » 29 Jun 2008, 19:13

Well people have been called doom and gloomers on here now for four years or more and been told that things will get better. but they have not and are hardly likely to under the present set up.

it has now got to the point where most people can now see that indeed they were not actually doom and gloomers but realists that could actually see what was going on and were very much aware of the impending dangers. so much so that now the people still tagging them with that label are now very much in the minority.

but then again you will always get some that will try to maintain everything is rosy. there were even some maintaining that, when the clubs greatest asset the ground was sold off in a manner that has cost the club millions. so you can hardly expect such sorts to become realistic about the clubs real position.

dettoriman
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: Dettoriman

Post by dettoriman » 29 Jun 2008, 19:18

I think this is a pointless post and i cannot believe someone is slagging those off who arent happy about the current situation.

We havent beaten a Leeds and St Helens side who under - performed, And a dire Warrington side. We then got a draw against a wigan side who made more errors in 1 game than they would usually do in a week.
The wigan game we should have had the game finished by half time and that was the case again yesterday against the Youth rhinos team - who were garbage for a long while in the game before we let them in for soft tries

We have a group of guys who get on great, Some are over paid and some are here for more than what they should be, We have a coach who has lost the respect of these guys and this is a major problem
Loyalty Costs Nothing !

alftupper
League One Player
League One Player

Post by alftupper » 29 Jun 2008, 19:19

You're happy.

you may think a 7000 average is pretty good but our Chief Exec was tageting 10000+

also the crowds are dropping and this trend will continue until the end of the season.
also ask any other SL fans which team they look forward to playing .....most will still say cas tigers either home or away
:lol: that's called patting the loser on the head
Last edited by alftupper on 29 Jun 2008, 19:21, edited 1 time in total.

Lufcncas
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lufcncas » 29 Jun 2008, 22:31

I will have a wager we wont get 7000 against HKR . Probably arounf 5500 of which 2000 will be KR fans . This is the game when many will vote with their feet

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 30 Jun 2008, 00:18

I agree Pie-eater. I never thoguht that anyone could rip out my heart and soul yet RW, MR and TM have managed just that.

I have always approached every Cas game with the beilef that we could just win but no longer. Now I feel that we are bound to lose and someone is responsible for that dramatic change, however unlikely it appeared.

The Cas management have achoeved the impossible and I have to hold my hands up and thank them for their efforts.
Spreading the Cas gene pool