NEW IMPORT

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
classy cas
Academy Player
Academy Player

NEW IMPORT

Post by classy cas » 01 Jul 2008, 07:46

Ive just been told of a person who has told me things in the past and 99.9% have come true.

We are currently trying to sign Todd Carney from Canberra or possibly he may have agreed terms for next season. I Think he is a stand off.
Last edited by classy cas on 01 Jul 2008, 12:39, edited 1 time in total.

Skip
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Skip » 01 Jul 2008, 08:48

Our problem is...

With all these new players coming in for the off-season, we are going to be in a similar situation to 2006 where there's no cohesion between them for at least the first half of the year...

Not to mention if TM decides to do his usual and juggle players all over the pitch, they're not going to know if they are coming or going.

I honestly can't see much light at the end of the tunnel unless some sort of miracle happens and these new signings just click and TM has a change of heart and sees some sense.

I'll even go as far as to say next season there's a distinct chance we will finish bottom again. Even with 2 new SL teams in there...
Why do today what you can put off till tomorrow?

There is a thin line between insanity and genius. I walk that line every day.

Parky
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Parky » 01 Jul 2008, 08:48

Furguson, are you listening
Keep the Premiership glistening
Cos when we play you in May
We'll take it away
We're walking in a City wonderland

Parky
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Parky » 01 Jul 2008, 08:54

Skip wrote:Our problem is...

With all these new players coming in for the off-season, we are going to be in a similar situation to 2006 where there's no cohesion between them for at least the first half of the year...

Not to mention if TM decides to do his usual and juggle players all over the pitch, they're not going to know if they are coming or going.

I honestly can't see much light at the end of the tunnel unless some sort of miracle happens and these new signings just click and TM has a change of heart and sees some sense.

I'll even go as far as to say next season there's a distinct chance we will finish bottom again. Even with 2 new SL teams in there...
I'd rather have half a bad season while they gel, than a full bad season like we've had this year.
Furguson, are you listening
Keep the Premiership glistening
Cos when we play you in May
We'll take it away
We're walking in a City wonderland

Skip
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Skip » 01 Jul 2008, 08:57

Note I said 'at least' there ;)

With TM's man management abilities, there might not be any cohesion at all.
Why do today what you can put off till tomorrow?

There is a thin line between insanity and genius. I walk that line every day.

Nev
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Nev » 01 Jul 2008, 10:14

Would be a good signing. A goal kicker too!

THE BUNGLER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by THE BUNGLER » 01 Jul 2008, 10:15

As posted in the 'new players' thread, I very much doubt he will be coming to Cas.

He only signed a new 2 year deal (with a further 2 year option) in March this year, this was after rejecting huge offers from other clubs.

dettoriman
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: Dettoriman

Post by dettoriman » 01 Jul 2008, 11:04

THE BUNGLER wrote:As posted in the 'new players' thread, I very much doubt he will be coming to Cas.

He only signed a new 2 year deal (with a further 2 year option) in March this year, this was after rejecting huge offers from other clubs.
But huge offers from an NRL club wont be as much as we could offer as there SC is much tighter
Loyalty Costs Nothing !

Nev
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Nev » 01 Jul 2008, 11:32

dettoriman wrote:
THE BUNGLER wrote:As posted in the 'new players' thread, I very much doubt he will be coming to Cas.

But huge offers from an NRL club wont be as much as we could offer as there SC is much tighter
Is that a confirmation we're interested? Have you heard owt, Det?

bricktop
Academy Player
Academy Player
Twitter: @rdc1985

Post by bricktop » 01 Jul 2008, 12:19

dettoriman wrote:But huge offers from an NRL club wont be as much as we could offer as there SC is much tighter
Carney is reported to be on 400,000 dollars a year at Canberra, which is around 190,000 pound. Do you really think the BoD would be willing to match that amount, let alone improve it? I don't think so.
Freelance creative designer.
http://www.richcarr.co.uk

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 01 Jul 2008, 12:20

Skip wrote:Our problem is...

I've been making that point from prior to the start of the current campaign. Many people have stated that this season is/was meaningless and we didn't need to sign too many players just yet but await the pot of gold that shines at the end of the camapign.

My point has always been that the current season should have been used to gel a squad together and with a FEW new additions over winter, hit the ground running next season. I've also stated that there will be a ready excuse if we start badly next year, "the players are just getting used to each other".

There's and old saying, "fail to prepare, prepare to fail" but I tihnk Cas have it the wrong way around, the prepare to fail and consequently fail to prepare (properly). :roll:
Spreading the Cas gene pool

Bigwig
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Bigwig » 01 Jul 2008, 13:44

bricktop wrote:
dettoriman wrote:But huge offers from an NRL club wont be as much as we could offer as there SC is much tighter
Carney is reported to be on 400,000 dollars a year at Canberra, which is around 190,000 pound. Do you really think the BoD would be willing to match that amount, let alone improve it? I don't think so.
We will not be after Todd Carney bricktop. There is though a threequarter called Justin Carney on Canberras books, who is no relation. Maybe it is him who we are after and someone has got their wires crossed.

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 01 Jul 2008, 13:47

Bigwig wrote:
bricktop wrote:
We will not be after Todd Carney bricktop. There is though a threequarter called Justin Carney on Canberras books, who is no relation. Maybe it is him who we are after and someone has got their wires crossed.
sounds more like it, cheap, unproven, reserve grade !!

Roll on 2009

wastedyears1981
Academy Player
Academy Player
Location: Eating a baloo burger in the WRE behind the sticks.

Post by wastedyears1981 » 01 Jul 2008, 16:42

The warm glow of dissapointment makes me smile inside ...... or is it the curry i had :?

Time is a great healer, unless its a rash. Then your better off with ointment - Holly, Red Dwarf

braytontiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by braytontiger » 01 Jul 2008, 17:24

we have no chance in signing todd carney,he`s a future kangeroo and one of the hottest you half backs in the game.

normytiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by normytiger » 01 Jul 2008, 19:27

Justin Carney has just broken into the 1st grade side over recent weeks, I believe, and has been playing pretty well.

If it's the guy who I'm thinking of the commentators were comparing him to Billy Slater.

Similar stature and attributes
Once a Tiger, always a Tiger!!!

monkeyface
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by monkeyface » 01 Jul 2008, 19:30

normytiger wrote:Justin Carney has just broken into the 1st grade side over recent weeks, I believe, and has been playing pretty well.

If it's the guy who I'm thinking of the commentators were comparing him to Billy Slater.

the guy from eastenders, thats all we need another bloody actor, :D

tigerman1
League One Player
League One Player

Post by tigerman1 » 01 Jul 2008, 19:35

as we have a circus for a club i wouldnt be supprised if it was Fred Carno were looking at
A win a win my kingdom for a win

AVM a much misunderstood and unknown condition http://www.avmsupport.org.uk/

I wished my bank balance was a big as our points against

have you ever seen comical Ali and RW in the same room... didnt think so.

open your mind but especially your eyes

normytiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by normytiger » 01 Jul 2008, 19:35

monkeyface wrote:
normytiger wrote:Justin Carney has just broken into the 1st grade side over recent weeks, I believe, and has been playing pretty well.

I'm pleased to say I've never watched it so luckily don't have a clue who you're on about :dance:
Once a Tiger, always a Tiger!!!

monkeyface
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by monkeyface » 01 Jul 2008, 19:41

normytiger wrote:
monkeyface wrote:

I'm pleased to say I've never watched it so luckily don't have a clue who you're on about :dance:
im not sure either, i think i got him mixed up ,too much lager , :D