Castleford Academy

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Steadman_4_PM
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Steadman_4_PM » 07 Jul 2008, 21:20

Jeez, apologies for having an opinion. :roll:

Dross, crap, average, journeymen..... call them what you like there are players out there in RL who have limited ability and for all they might try, will never amount to much. I don't need to have played the game professionally to appreciate that.

Anyone who's run out for Cas has got my support, regardless of standard but at the end of the day some of them simply aren't good enough and if we're to move on as a club then we need to improve on these.
Adrian Flynn's career low was playing for Featherstone - "Horrible Supporters"

chuckaneppy
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by chuckaneppy » 07 Jul 2008, 22:35

Steadman_4_PM wrote:Jeez, apologies for having an opinion. :roll:

Dross, crap, average, journeymen..... call them what you like there are players out there in RL who have limited ability and for all they might try, will never amount to much. I don't need to have played the game professionally to appreciate that.

Anyone who's run out for Cas has got my support, regardless of standard but at the end of the day some of them simply aren't good enough and if we're to move on as a club then we need to improve on these.
Agreed on your last sentence, and we have improved on these which is why they don't play for us anymore.

From my viewpoint i'm happy that players we have produced contribute to so many clubs throughout the leagues. Lets just agree to differ on the description of these, its not a big issue. :D

Steadman_4_PM
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Steadman_4_PM » 07 Jul 2008, 22:37

Not disputing or unhappy that they go on to contribute elsewhere (no matter at what level), I just want the best that come through to stay and be good enough. Don't want us to play local kids just because they're local.......
Adrian Flynn's career low was playing for Featherstone - "Horrible Supporters"

WHELDON-ROAD-END
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by WHELDON-ROAD-END » 07 Jul 2008, 22:40

Sometimes if you want the best out of local players youv'e got to put in other players from different players to give experience and what not local isn't always the best choice.