19 for Sunday

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Jack Bauer
Championship Player
Championship Player

19 for Sunday

Post by Jack Bauer » 04 Jul 2008, 14:41

Samoan forward Mark Leafa is a surprise inclusion in the Tigers 19-man squad for Sundays clash with Hull KR (KO 12.00 noon at the Jungle). Mark has missed the last 11 games after breaking his arm at Odsal back in March but he has been back in full training this past couple of weeks and hopes to make his return.
The Tigers also welcome back into the squad Kirk Dixon and Scott Moore who have missed the last two games.

The Tigers 19-man squad is –
LUKE DORN, STUART DONLAN, MICHAEL SHENTON, KIRK DIXON, MICHAEL WAINWRIGHT, ANTHONY THACKERAY, BRENT SHERWIN, MARK LEAFA, ANDREW HENDERSON, MICHAEL KORKIDAS, JOE WESTERMAN, LIAM HIGGINS, PETER LUPTON, RYAN BOYLE, SCOTT MOORE, RICHARD OWEN, RYAN McGOLDRICK, NED CATIC, ADAM FLETCHER.

Full article: http://www.castigers.com/cgi-bin/news.cgi?5054

Fully
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Fully » 04 Jul 2008, 15:27

Fletch and Thacks to drop out probably then, if all three players are fit.
--------------------------------------------------------
ACCOUNT CLOSED WITH OWNERS PERMISSION

Mr. Tiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mr. Tiger » 04 Jul 2008, 16:17

Fully wrote:Fletch and Thacks to drop out probably then, if all three players are fit.
i'd go with that.

Bigwig
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Bigwig » 04 Jul 2008, 16:22

Huby injured I presume?

It appears also that bringing Hlad over as been pretty much a waste of time. He cannot get selected before an NL1 player who has been out for 11 or 12 weeks even. So much for the statement when we signed him that he had plenty of potential. So much that the coach will not even put him in the squad.

As a matter of interest I do not think he has been given a chance to see what he can do. So the questions are, who made the decision to sign him and more pertinently was there any discussion or interaction between that person or persons with the club coach, over his signing.

It appears very much that there was not. I know let us sign this player, but lets not bother filling the coach in about him, he has never seen him play but so what. As for the coach, well lets leave any signing to so and so, and if I do not like him, well I will just not bother picking him, so what.

It is no wonder we are in the position we are in.

dettoriman
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: Dettoriman

Re: 19 for Sunday

Post by dettoriman » 04 Jul 2008, 22:19

Jack Bauer wrote:Samoan forward Mark Leafa is a surprise inclusion in the Tigers 19-man squad for Sundays clash with Hull KR (KO 12.00 noon at the Jungle). Mark has missed the last 11 games after breaking his arm at Odsal back in March but he has been back in full training this past couple of weeks and hopes to make his return.
The Tigers also welcome back into the squad Kirk Dixon and Scott Moore who have missed the last two games.

The Tigers 19-man squad is –
LUKE DORN, STUART DONLAN, MICHAEL SHENTON, KIRK DIXON, MICHAEL WAINWRIGHT, ANTHONY THACKERAY, BRENT SHERWIN, MARK LEAFA, ANDREW HENDERSON, MICHAEL KORKIDAS, JOE WESTERMAN, LIAM HIGGINS, PETER LUPTON, RYAN BOYLE, SCOTT MOORE, RICHARD OWEN, RYAN McGOLDRICK, NED CATIC, ADAM FLETCHER.

Full article: http://www.castigers.com/cgi-bin/news.cgi?5054
Thacks and Fletch out - Means Hlad is missing again - I am starting to think he isnt in TM's good books as he has played well every time he has played - and is dropped again
Loyalty Costs Nothing !

Steadman_4_PM
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Steadman_4_PM » 04 Jul 2008, 22:28

dettoriman wrote:Means Hlad is missing again - I am starting to think he isnt in TM's good books as he has played well every time he has played - and is dropped again
But Hlad is small, so with the squad missing Huby and Guttenbeil maybe TM wants more size......I dunno!

Just hope if Leafa plays, we let him have a crack in the back row and not expect him to come blow holes in Hull KR from prop.
Adrian Flynn's career low was playing for Featherstone - "Horrible Supporters"

Bomber
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Bomber » 04 Jul 2008, 22:30

Maybe Hald as a drink problem, he can't keep up with the rest.

dettoriman
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by dettoriman » 04 Jul 2008, 22:33

Steadman_4_PM wrote:
dettoriman wrote:Means Hlad is missing again - I am starting to think he isnt in TM's good books as he has played well every time he has played - and is dropped again
But Hlad is small, so with the squad missing Huby and Guttenbeil maybe TM wants more size......I dunno!

Just hope if Leafa plays, we let him have a crack in the back row and not expect him to come blow holes in Hull KR from prop.
Maybe TM has lost the plot, Its ok maybe RM will play prop this week
Loyalty Costs Nothing !

Wicksy
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Wicksy » 04 Jul 2008, 22:33

Bomber wrote:Maybe Hald as a drink problem, he can't keep up with the rest.
:lol: :lol:

Maybe they don't want to stand down because they want to rectify the mistakes they've made in seasons gone by.

Stumped
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Stumped » 04 Jul 2008, 22:51

Possibly why Hlad looks small in comparison to other players is he does'nt appear to be carrying as much body fat as the others.
He looks fit and trim.I'm pretty sure he is around the 104 kg mark.
Somebody a fat 104kg is going to look bigger then a lean muscled
104kg person.Example look at Sonny Bill Williams he does'nt look
overly big even at about 106kg but the difference being it's all lean muscle and not fat.

Steadman_4_PM
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Steadman_4_PM » 04 Jul 2008, 22:53

Stumped wrote:Possibly why Hlad looks small in comparison to other players is he does'nt appear to be carrying as much body fat as the others.
He looks fit and trim.I'm pretty sure he is around the 104 kg mark.
Somebody a fat 104kg is going to look bigger then a lean muscled
104kg person.Example look at Sonny Bill Williams he does'nt look
overly big even at about 106kg but the difference being it's all lean muscle and not fat.
Yeah, but SBW is well over 6ft, Hlad just looks short.

Stumped
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Stumped » 04 Jul 2008, 23:32

Steadman I don't know what thats got to do with it.I'm just giving an example that lean muscled players even though they may be the same weight don't look as big as players carrying plenty of excess body fat.Ok then would you consider Jamie Peacock or Adrian Morley small or big.Anyway mate its not the size that matters the
most its whats beating in the left side of the chest.

WHELDON-ROAD-END
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by WHELDON-ROAD-END » 05 Jul 2008, 00:17

Im off round ponte tomoz if i see McGoldrick and Co il make sure there back before 5 :lol:

Wicksy
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Wicksy » 05 Jul 2008, 00:40

WHELDON-ROAD-END wrote:
Im off round ponte tomoz if i see McGoldrick and Co il make sure there back before 5 :lol:
Kick off at 12 better make that 4.30 .
;)

Maybe they don't want to stand down because they want to rectify the mistakes they've made in seasons gone by.

gavsdad
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by gavsdad » 05 Jul 2008, 12:32

10 backs in a squad of 19 is stupidity itself
well have a minimum of 1 on the bench IF he drops 2
TM has lost the plot
were playing a team with big mobile forwards and good half backs to lead them round the park and our answer is to drop a forward who has not been given a chance and we bring one back after 3 months out so he will need spelling and may break down (hope not BUT) we also have 2 others who have missed at least 2 games each
No matter what the result this just proves to me TM has to go and anyone can take over for me they cant be any worse at squad and position selection of our inept players
Suffering from Alzheimer's is just like watching errrrr what was it.

Steadman_4_PM
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Steadman_4_PM » 05 Jul 2008, 20:39

Stumped wrote:Steadman I don't know what thats got to do with it.I'm just giving an example that lean muscled players even though they may be the same weight don't look as big as players carrying plenty of excess body fat.Ok then would you consider Jamie Peacock or Adrian Morley small or big.Anyway mate its not the size that matters the
most its whats beating in the left side of the chest.
And I don't know what body fat etc really has to do with it...... all I was saying is when selecting a team that's missing Huby and Guttenbeil, you'd probably want to select someone that seems big rather than a more mobile Hlad. We needed to add a prop to the squad, Hlad's never a SL prop.

Stumped
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Stumped » 05 Jul 2008, 22:25

Even though he was brought over as a backrower how do you know that Hlad can't make it as a SL prop?What opportunity has been given to show what he can or can't do.Lets face it Jamie Peacock (102kg)and Adrian Morley(103kg)aren't monsters but they get the job done.If you can do the job size shouldn't really matter and there are many more examples of this especially in the NRL.

Steadman_4_PM
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Steadman_4_PM » 05 Jul 2008, 22:30

Stumped wrote:Even though he was brought over as a backrower how do you know that Hlad can't make it as a SL prop?What opportunity has been given to show what he can or can't do.Lets face it Jamie Peacock (102kg)and Adrian Morley(103kg)aren't monsters but they get the job done.If you can do the job size shouldn't really matter and there are many more examples of this especially in the NRL.
You've completely missed what I'm getting at. For me, weight isn't the issue its size, frame... call it what you like. A SL prop should be an imposing figure and thus 6ft at least if not bigger. Yes there are the odd player who bucks this trend, but not many. Interestingly both players you mentioned are well over 6ft.

dettoriman
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by dettoriman » 05 Jul 2008, 22:33

Steadman_4_PM wrote:
Stumped wrote:Even though he was brought over as a backrower how do you know that Hlad can't make it as a SL prop?What opportunity has been given to show what he can or can't do.Lets face it Jamie Peacock (102kg)and Adrian Morley(103kg)aren't monsters but they get the job done.If you can do the job size shouldn't really matter and there are many more examples of this especially in the NRL.
You've completely missed what I'm getting at. For me, weight isn't the issue its size, frame... call it what you like. A SL prop should be an imposing figure and thus 6ft at least if not bigger. Yes there are the odd player who bucks this trend, but not many. Interestingly both players you mentioned are well over 6ft.
Danny Nutley ?
Loyalty Costs Nothing !

Steadman_4_PM
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Steadman_4_PM » 05 Jul 2008, 22:38

dettoriman wrote:
Steadman_4_PM wrote:
Danny Nutley ?
:roll: