WHAT DO YOU WANT

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.

Would you like...

1 Side Seating - 3 Sides Standing
3%
2 Sides Seating - 2 Sides Standing
36%
3 Sides Seating - 1 Side Standing
40%
All 4 Sides Seating
21%

Total votes: 100

WHELDON-ROAD-END
Championship Player
Championship Player

WHAT DO YOU WANT

Post by WHELDON-ROAD-END » 04 Jul 2008, 19:31

With the new stadium to be built soon im wondering what everyone would want in the ground whether they would rather have more seating or standing, personally i would want more standing as stadiums that are seaters are hassle and its constant non stop up and down like Huddersfield, Wigan and Hull i understand there Football grounds but they spoil the atmosphere that standing up have. Can you make a poll aswell to see what peoople would prefer.

WHELDON-ROAD-END
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by WHELDON-ROAD-END » 04 Jul 2008, 19:36

Cheers

GThornton
League One Player
League One Player

Post by GThornton » 04 Jul 2008, 19:45

Would it cost a lot more to have an all seater ? Would the fans sit down throughout the game in an all seater. I think i'd go for 2 sides seated and 2 sides (the goal ends) standing.

Jack Bauer
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Jack Bauer » 04 Jul 2008, 19:49

I would like to have the stands behind the sticks set out like Leeds new stand, top seating/bottom standing, but the stadium wouldn't be big enough IMO to be able to do it.

monkeyface
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by monkeyface » 04 Jul 2008, 20:44

Jack Bauer wrote:I would like to have the stands behind the sticks set out like Leeds new stand, top seating/bottom standing, but the stadium wouldn't be big enough IMO to be able to do it.
Perfect :D

big-t
League One Player
League One Player

Post by big-t » 04 Jul 2008, 20:56

3 sides seated, then down one touchline standing for the Cas fans, like the South Stand, but bigger

petercascas
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by petercascas » 04 Jul 2008, 21:17

It actually costs more for standing than an all seating stadium.

This is down to the fact that the building would have to be designed for crowd loading and much thicker beams and slabs used. Even with the offset of the prices of the seats, standing is still more expensive.

I think we should have an all seater stadium. My reasons for having this is
a) More safe
b) Gretater ability to host games ourside our own e.g Doncaster for the up coming semi
c) I wont get some random person jumping all over me when we score
C) Just looks more tidy

The problems with an all seater stadium some would say is the lack of atmosphere it creates. This is down to isolating the singing fans. I dont know if people have been to Eland Road for a Leeds game? But the atmosphere there isnt too bad!

We just need to have an area e.g Kop where like minded singing fans go and have a family stand down the side for those who arnt into singing. A carbon copy of the keepmoat would be ideal IMO.

dettoriman
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: Dettoriman

Post by dettoriman » 04 Jul 2008, 22:17

People need to think about the club though - If its not all seater then we have made a huge mistake
Loyalty Costs Nothing !

Fully
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Fully » 04 Jul 2008, 22:18

dettoriman wrote:People need to think about the club though - If its not all seater then we have made a huge mistake
In terms of getting rid of the hooligans and people who are starting to give the club a bad name, yes.
--------------------------------------------------------
ACCOUNT CLOSED WITH OWNERS PERMISSION

dettoriman
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by dettoriman » 04 Jul 2008, 22:20

Fully wrote:
dettoriman wrote:People need to think about the club though - If its not all seater then we have made a huge mistake
In terms of getting rid of the hooligans and people who are starting to give the club a bad name, yes.
And also more chance of hosting C Cup games etc and more chance of commercial events ie concerts

if we dont go with an all seater stadium then we will regret it -- and this is the first thing warrington advised cas
Loyalty Costs Nothing !

Bomber
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Bomber » 04 Jul 2008, 22:25

I hope the new ground if it ever happens will give us the chance to still stand, I simply hate sitting down at games and would certainly go to a lot less, if any, if it does become all seater.

dettoriman
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by dettoriman » 04 Jul 2008, 22:30

Bomber wrote:I hope the new ground if it ever happens will give us the chance to still stand, I simply hate sitting down at games and would certainly go to a lot less, if any, if it does become all seater.
I did make the club aware that the club should be aware that fans wish to stand and in a seating stadium they must be able to

like in Elland Road - If you go in the KOP you stand up - end of
Loyalty Costs Nothing !

Steadman_4_PM
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Steadman_4_PM » 04 Jul 2008, 22:33

dettoriman wrote:I did make the club aware that the club should be aware that fans wish to stand and in a seating stadium they must be able to
And what happens when say WMDC (or some other body concerned with health and safety) tell the club that people must sit down? I know its on a much much larger scale, but Man Utd are constantly at odds with Trafford Borough Council regards people standing at games. From memory they were only allowed to fill the corners in the other year if standing was more closely policed.
Adrian Flynn's career low was playing for Featherstone - "Horrible Supporters"

fenton
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: AFenton90

Post by fenton » 04 Jul 2008, 23:12

dettoriman wrote:
Bomber wrote:I hope the new ground if it ever happens will give us the chance to still stand, I simply hate sitting down at games and would certainly go to a lot less, if any, if it does become all seater.
I did make the club aware that the club should be aware that fans wish to stand and in a seating stadium they must be able to

like in Elland Road - If you go in the KOP you stand up - end of
And on the other hand, Leeds council are threatening LUFC to make the KOP to sit down, and if not action will be taken.

I believe leeds did actually look into getting rid of the seats in the KOP but the people in the top offices wouldn't allow it to happen.

Beth
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Beth » 05 Jul 2008, 00:05

3 sides seated, one standing. The standing part would be down the touchline, opposite the dug outs, for the Cas fans.

But then I think the stadium wouldn't be as efficent and useful if it wasn't all seater.

WHELDON-ROAD-END
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by WHELDON-ROAD-END » 05 Jul 2008, 00:19

Standing up is alot better for people who cannot sit 80 minutes without fidgiting and moving and jumping up and down which i do alot specially when Rhinos are in town. Just some sort of Standing area would do me fine.

Wicksy
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Wicksy » 05 Jul 2008, 00:34

Beth wrote:3 sides seated, one standing. The standing part would be down the touchline, opposite the dug outs, for the Cas fans.

But then I think the stadium wouldn't be as efficent and useful if it wasn't all seater.

Spot on Beth, but if we don't get a 15k stadium then it will not matter what side standing or sitting . Wolves groud is crap and i would not want Cas like that . We need 15k stadium and one area standing down the touch line, make it 3,500 capacity season tickets only, it will become harder to get a place in there than a council house . You could put on it KOP season ticket etc ................ So many ideas im doing there job again . :roll:

Maybe they don't want to stand down because they want to rectify the mistakes they've made in seasons gone by.

Lufcncas
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lufcncas » 05 Jul 2008, 06:34

All seater for me and will the club supply a flask for everybody Prawn sarnies oh yes and the latest Agatha Christie book . Come on Guys everytime we made a half break or started shouting at the ref no one would hardly sit :lol:

Rich_1
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Rich_1 » 05 Jul 2008, 10:42

Lufcncas wrote:All seater for me and will the club supply a flask for everybody Prawn sarnies oh yes and the latest Agatha Christie book . Come on Guys everytime we made a half break or started shouting at the ref no one would hardly sit :lol:
Don't hold your breath mate. Some total ***** behind us at the NRC Final in 2005 kept shouting 'sit down' etc everytime we stood up, even if Cas made a break or anything. Obviously we completely ignored them which nearly got Riley smacked but it was still very annoying :lol:

The atmosphere is already like a graveyard with everyone stood up so imagine what it would be like in an all seater. It would make the atmospheres at places like Wigan and Hull sound like Glastonbury. :lol:

fenton
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: AFenton90

Post by fenton » 05 Jul 2008, 12:51

As i keep saying, we MUST have a standing area.

Who gives a stuff about CC semi finals. :roll: