stadium

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
pontetiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

stadium

Post by pontetiger » 04 Jul 2008, 21:21

heard today from someone that works at said building suppliers (national company)that a massive order has been put in by the people who are building the cas stadium as apparently now a major backer has put a shed load of cash down to fill the funding gap!!apparently this is all hush/hush and the stadium is now further on than people know.hope this is true!!

Casmania
Verified

Post by Casmania » 04 Jul 2008, 21:53

No construction company has been engaged yet. Once the architects have been confirmed and upon completion of their working drawings only then will it go out to tender, however some preliminary discussions may have taken place but these at best would be at a very early stage.

steadygetyerboots-on
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by steadygetyerboots-on » 04 Jul 2008, 22:00

I hate to be all doom and gloom, but I find it hard to believe that firstly, a financial backer has been found and also that the club would decide to keep this "hush, hush" as such news could only be positive. No-one in their right mind would keep such news quiet.
Perhaps "tentative talks" with a financial backer would be more plausable.
"Stand by me as I stand by you, be brave and dare to dream".

petercascas
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by petercascas » 04 Jul 2008, 22:11

I work with large consultancy who design roads and infrastructure.

You would assume that the infrastructure section of the development would be going out to tender for design? I havnt heard anything on this. Or has this already been designed?

Di
Verified
Twitter: @diddididi64

Re: stadium

Post by Di » 04 Jul 2008, 22:12

pontetiger wrote:heard today from someone that works at said building suppliers (national company)that a massive order has been put in by the people who are building the cas stadium as apparently now a major backer has put a shed load of cash down to fill the funding gap!!apparently this is all hush/hush and the stadium is now further on than people know.hope this is true!!

;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)
Casforum is a non-profit website. We rely on donations and forum advertising to keep the site alive. If you'd like to donate please contact any administrator. In return we'll give you a shiny new forum rank!

Fully
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Fully » 04 Jul 2008, 22:14

Di knows something. Or she's just a little winker.
:lol:

Hope it's true. Waiting till August until we get some sort of news is going to be a pain in the arse.

It would also enable us to have a big massive boost ahead of the franchises and give the RFL that extra nudge.
--------------------------------------------------------
ACCOUNT CLOSED WITH OWNERS PERMISSION

petercascas
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by petercascas » 04 Jul 2008, 22:14

Di wrote:
pontetiger wrote:heard today from someone that works at said building suppliers (national company)that a massive order has been put in by the people who are building the cas stadium as apparently now a major backer has put a shed load of cash down to fill the funding gap!!apparently this is all hush/hush and the stadium is now further on than people know.hope this is true!!

;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)
:pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray:

Would be a huge boost prior to franchise announcement time

monkeyface
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by monkeyface » 05 Jul 2008, 16:56

i now somebody who has worked on a design for the stadium,
but he tells me theres some other companys trying to get the job aswell , he hasent mentioned enything for a bit, so ill ask tomorrow and keep you posted,

it would be nice to get a backer though as long as RW let him in,

Landy
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Landy » 05 Jul 2008, 17:37

I'd be very surprised if there was a mystery backer, the last i heard Waystone were going to stump up the money the Council can't afford to put into it.

GThornton
League One Player
League One Player

Post by GThornton » 05 Jul 2008, 18:34

Someone did say that the blockwork was being ordered, but someone else who should also know said that he hadn't seen any paperwork for any blockwork for the new stadium just yet.

wrs
League One Player
League One Player

Post by wrs » 05 Jul 2008, 19:59

hang on... there's not even any plans yet so why would there be bricks ect ect bought ??? ffs

Birstalltiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Birstalltiger » 05 Jul 2008, 20:58

Les it is my compney which i keep very close eye on your wrong we deal with Waystone the most in cival enginering and deliver nearly all the pipe work and chamber rings which go in the ground first. allso i have been told that Fisher constrution are building the ground for Waystone and we deal with them aswell big time and there no signs of them starting either.
The best looking Cas fan outside Cas

dettoriman
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: Dettoriman

Post by dettoriman » 05 Jul 2008, 22:03

Birstalltiger wrote:
Les it is my compney which i keep very close eye on your wrong we deal with Waystone the most in cival enginering and deliver nearly all the pipe work and chamber rings which go in the ground first. allso i have been told that Fisher constrution are building the ground for Waystone and we deal with them aswell big time and there no signs of them starting either.
I am led to believe the original post is correct and things are starting to look up on the stadium front
Loyalty Costs Nothing !

Far Eastern Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Far Eastern Tiger » 06 Jul 2008, 05:03

If thats the case why don't the club announce they have a backer and quickly, they don't have to 'name names' at this stage or disclose financial information, just a short statement would suffice !
'What she read over heavy books she'd sit & prophisise, it took a tattoo'd boy from Birkenhead to really, really open her eyes !'

Birstalltiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Birstalltiger » 06 Jul 2008, 08:25

dettoriman wrote:
Birstalltiger wrote:
I am led to believe the original post is correct and things are starting to look up on the stadium front
One thing which worrys me is that Wake have just sold there ground to Carla homes for a sum of 7.5 million i wonder if they are the backer or does it mean the councel have agreed for both clubs to have funding for 2 new stadium.
The best looking Cas fan outside Cas

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 06 Jul 2008, 16:09

Karlos The Jackal wrote:If thats the case why don't the club announce they have a backer and quickly
Because they never tell us anything unless we put pressure on them, then they only tell us what they want us to know.

WHELDON-ROAD-END
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by WHELDON-ROAD-END » 06 Jul 2008, 16:13

Passed where the grounds going to be built, looks as though everything coming on well, looks like wont be long till there working full time on it. :)

monkeyface
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by monkeyface » 06 Jul 2008, 19:26

there is supposerly a annoucement on the stadium before the end of this month, everything is looking good ,

but wot do i know.

WHELDON-ROAD-END
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by WHELDON-ROAD-END » 06 Jul 2008, 19:33

monkeyface wrote:there is supposerly a annoucement on the stadium before the end of this month, everything is looking good ,

but wot do i know.
What doe's anyone know?