Manof the Match v HKR

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.

vote

Poll ended at 12 Jul 2008, 14:52

Stuart Donlan
2%
Kirk Dixon
No votes
MIchael Shenton
9%
Richard Owen
3%
Michael Wainwright
9%
Luke Dorn
3%
Brent Sherwin
55%
Liam Higgins
1%
Andrew Henderson
No votes
Michael Korkidas
7%
Peter Lupton
7%
Joe Westerman
No votes
Ryan McGoldrick
3%
Mark Leafa
No votes
Ryan Boyle
No votes
Scott Moore
1%
Ned Catic
2%

Total votes: 120

wastedyears1981
Academy Player
Academy Player
Location: Eating a baloo burger in the WRE behind the sticks.

Post by wastedyears1981 » 07 Jul 2008, 17:33

fenton wrote:Oh my Wainwright
My Micheal Wainwright
He signed from Batley
On deadline day
We didn't know that
He could score tries
Untill that day
At Wire away

:lol: :lol:
:dance: :dance: FENTON FOR XFACTOR :dance: :dance:

Time is a great healer, unless its a rash. Then your better off with ointment - Holly, Red Dwarf

Steadman_4_PM
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Steadman_4_PM » 07 Jul 2008, 21:01

dettoriman wrote:
Steadman_4_PM wrote:
dettoriman wrote:I am glad common sense has prevailed with this vote as the club MOM was a joke selection IMO

Sherwin was by far the best player on the pitch
Lupton had a great 1st half, scored one, set up Shenny for his try and forced a knock on from KR. I think he just edged the 1st half over Shifty................. who then at least from an attacking sense had little to do in the 2nd half.
Sherwin set up the shenton try, Lupton only had to run and pass the gap was created by sherwin,
Who may i also add wouldnt have just won the award for his attacking but his defence was first class, He hasnt missed a tackle for ages and is really starting to stand up as a captain of this team

MOM and easily ------ AGAIN !!
They both played a big part in the try, Sherwin managed to make a half break, Lupton anticipated such and then ran straight to draw the fullback in and send Shenny away. Not knocking what Sherwin does or that he can control the game, but you seem to think he's the only player on the pitch at times.
Adrian Flynn's career low was playing for Featherstone - "Horrible Supporters"

WHELDON-ROAD-END
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by WHELDON-ROAD-END » 07 Jul 2008, 21:04

Lupton without a doubt is an unsung hero, you dont hear many people talking about him but hes always one to put is hand up and get stuck in with the tackling and running game, personally i would keep him for another year but it seems TM isn't wanting to keep him which is a shame because the next club he'll go to will really benefit from having him.

Steadman_4_PM
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Steadman_4_PM » 07 Jul 2008, 21:05

Oh can I also give Korki a bit of a mention..............had a solid game but took an absolute toilet of a pass from Scott Moore in the 2nd half right on Hull KR's line. Normally he'd have dropped it and eased the pressure, but he caught it, then rolled and bounced off 3 or so players.

Spent a bit more time on the pitch too yesterday, must be looking more capable in TM's eyes.

dettoriman
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: Dettoriman

Post by dettoriman » 07 Jul 2008, 22:36

Steadman_4_PM wrote:
dettoriman wrote:
Steadman_4_PM wrote:
dettoriman wrote:I am glad common sense has prevailed with this vote as the club MOM was a joke selection IMO

Sherwin was by far the best player on the pitch
Lupton had a great 1st half, scored one, set up Shenny for his try and forced a knock on from KR. I think he just edged the 1st half over Shifty................. who then at least from an attacking sense had little to do in the 2nd half.
Sherwin set up the shenton try, Lupton only had to run and pass the gap was created by sherwin,
Who may i also add wouldnt have just won the award for his attacking but his defence was first class, He hasnt missed a tackle for ages and is really starting to stand up as a captain of this team

MOM and easily ------ AGAIN !!
They both played a big part in the try, Sherwin managed to make a half break, Lupton anticipated such and then ran straight to draw the fullback in and send Shenny away. Not knocking what Sherwin does or that he can control the game, but you seem to think he's the only player on the pitch at times.
Because without him, You can at least half our points for this season - I find it laughable at times that Sherwin isnt ever given the clubs MOM as i know 100% the players appreciate he is absolute quality

Put it this way if a young Cas born lad was performing like sherwin, They would be MOM every week - but because he isnt - and i know its expected of him people seem to ignore his fantastic play
Loyalty Costs Nothing !

Steadman_4_PM
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Steadman_4_PM » 07 Jul 2008, 22:38

Not saying he doesn't contribute, but again he's not the only player who brings something to the team.

WHELDON-ROAD-END
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by WHELDON-ROAD-END » 07 Jul 2008, 22:38

Put it this way if a young Cas born lad was performing like sherwin, They would be MOM every week - but because he isnt - and i know its expected of him people seem to ignore his fantastic play
To be fair when Joe was impressing everyone at start of season when no one knew what he was going to be like he got MOM a hell of alot of times, hes probably got the most MOM's more than anyone with sherwin a close 2nd.

dettoriman
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: Dettoriman

Post by dettoriman » 07 Jul 2008, 22:42

WHELDON-ROAD-END wrote:
To be fair when Joe was impressing everyone at start of season when no one knew what he was going to be like he got MOM a hell of alot of times, hes probably got the most MOM's more than anyone with sherwin a close 2nd.
Thats what i mean, When Joe is the best player on the pitch he gets MOM, when he is second best to Sherwin - Joe gets MOM still

Sherwin must need to turn it into a 1 man show to earn a MOM
Loyalty Costs Nothing !

WHELDON-ROAD-END
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by WHELDON-ROAD-END » 07 Jul 2008, 22:43

Ohhhhhh i get ya now - i agree aswell, although he did get it against Wigan and deserved it.