Sherwin stars in Tigers triumph

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Di
Verified
Twitter: @diddididi64

Sherwin stars in Tigers triumph

Post by Di » 06 Jul 2008, 15:00

A strong first-half performance set Castleford Tigers on course for a morale-boosting 18-10 win over Hull KR at the Jungle.
Tigers led 18-0 at half-time, through tries by Luke Dorn, Michael Shenton and Peter Lupton, all involving Brent Sherwin and converted by Kirk Dixon.

http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/r ... 4253314.jp
Casforum is a non-profit website. We rely on donations and forum advertising to keep the site alive. If you'd like to donate please contact any administrator. In return we'll give you a shiny new forum rank!

TIGER DAZ

Post by TIGER DAZ » 06 Jul 2008, 15:14

Well done, Cas. :D

A sad day for the whingers, whiners, grumblers and bellyachers.

tallguyx
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by tallguyx » 06 Jul 2008, 15:28

i thought the lads tackled brilliant today, the spell in the second half when the forwards were getting stuck in at the wre was inspiring stuff.

Well Done Lads!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

WHELDON-ROAD-END
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by WHELDON-ROAD-END » 06 Jul 2008, 15:33

tallguyx wrote:i thought the lads tackled brilliant today.
Your not wrong there mate, they were very good. Can't fault them, to only concede 10 points in a game where both teams need wins is very good for the team psycologically. Hopefully get Saints out of the way then push on with a few more wins over Hudders, Wakey and other teams close to us. I think people will agree that this season as been dissapointing in many aspects and parts, but i think not finishing bottom is deserving and shows that when push comes to shove Cas can do the nit and grit to come from 5 or 6 points behind to leap frog teams, i really hope so.

ten
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by ten » 06 Jul 2008, 15:33

Cas did play well today. Their first half performance was great. However, second half they let it slip a little. Soft tackling was the downfall for KR's first try but apart from that Cas looked strong in defence.

Sherwin has been having good games of late and another good performance today. I believe he should have been awarded the man of the match but im not complaining that it went to Lupton as he too had a good game.

A general weakness is the lack of goal kicking ability. The team when they recieve a penalty look around and are unsure of what to do. When they do decide to go for the 2 points they rarely slot them over. Thankfully, unlike last week it didnt cost us the game this time :)

Well played lads.

evo
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by evo » 06 Jul 2008, 15:42

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
17 rounds of applause and :clap: 1 for the crowd
is planet caravan the best book thats ever been written????i think so

Fully
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Fully » 06 Jul 2008, 15:44

evo wrote::clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
17 rounds of applause and :clap: 1 for the crowd
1 for Hull KR. I know they grossly exaggerate their crowds, but to bring that amount when they haven't won away all season is a credit to them and the game itself.
Last edited by Fully on 06 Jul 2008, 15:45, edited 1 time in total.
--------------------------------------------------------
ACCOUNT CLOSED WITH OWNERS PERMISSION

evo
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by evo » 06 Jul 2008, 15:44

:clap: cant count sorry
is planet caravan the best book thats ever been written????i think so

WHELDON-ROAD-END
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by WHELDON-ROAD-END » 06 Jul 2008, 16:01

Its just like us the other week taking a hell of alot to Shedingley, 17,000 an odd and we took a lot, was a real credit to our loyal away support and the predicements where in bottom of league, low on confidence going to Leeds on a saturday afternoon, that would be enough to put some of the best supporters off.

tupper
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by tupper » 06 Jul 2008, 16:30

What a great effort from the lads all played well but i thought Korki had a great game and for me Sherwin was superb well done CAS feel great :clap: :clap: :clap: :dance: :dance: :dance: 8)
New stadium here we come

Mr. Tiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mr. Tiger » 06 Jul 2008, 16:32

D'man if your listening, i hold my hands up for me sherwin had his best game for cas today and look good value for money, i hope he keeps it up!!!

wastedyears1981
Academy Player
Academy Player
Location: Eating a baloo burger in the WRE behind the sticks.

Post by wastedyears1981 » 06 Jul 2008, 16:33

I was a really nice win and a nice day. Even got a pat on the back from a KR fan.

Awesome win, korki looked like he pulled his socks up a bit. Leafe looked like he ran with a bit of passion after being injured for so long. And some of shiftys kicking was class. Especially when he went for touch and it didnt get there and we got it. Dunno if that was intentional or not, but it was brilliant. All round good effort, cas dug in when needed right to the end and fought against some ropey ref decisions.

Well done lads, hopefully we can keep it going and get ourselves off the bottom of the table.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Time is a great healer, unless its a rash. Then your better off with ointment - Holly, Red Dwarf

WHELDON-ROAD-END
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by WHELDON-ROAD-END » 06 Jul 2008, 16:37

wastedyears1981 wrote: Well done lads, hopefully we can keep it going and get ourselves off the bottom of the table.
That should be our number 1 priority now to finish 10th or 11th.
We should be looking to beat Quins, Wakey and Giants now, i think if we win them next 3 games we will leap frog Huddersfield who are really struggling for form.

COME ON THE TIGERS!!

wastedyears1981
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by wastedyears1981 » 06 Jul 2008, 16:40

WHELDON-ROAD-END wrote:
wastedyears1981 wrote: Well done lads, hopefully we can keep it going and get ourselves off the bottom of the table.
That should be our number 1 priority now to finish 10th or 11th.
We should be looking to beat Quins, Wakey and Giants now, i think if we win them next 3 games we will leap frog Huddersfield who are really struggling for form.

COME ON THE TIGERS!!
It would be nice to come off the bottom and shut up all the pundits and sports writers that normally write the usual drivel about cas. The past few weeks have been some dark times for cas and very frustrating, this is the glimmer of hope I've been looking for.... just really hope they keep it going.

:dance: :dance: GIANTS FOR THE WOODEN SPOON :dance: :dance:

Time is a great healer, unless its a rash. Then your better off with ointment - Holly, Red Dwarf

WHELDON-ROAD-END
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by WHELDON-ROAD-END » 06 Jul 2008, 16:43

I can honestly see us winning more games and not finishing bottom like the pundits and bookies have predicted. I just hope we can prove alot of people wrong but i would also love to beat Wakey so they don't do the quadruple over us but also squander there top 6 amibitions because so far there 60-24 down to Wire.

tigerman1
League One Player
League One Player

Post by tigerman1 » 06 Jul 2008, 16:46

TIGER DAZ wrote:Well done, Cas. :D

why a sad day. its not like people who have grave misgivings about how the club is run ACTUALLY want Cas to loose :roll:
i think if you read most of the posts it is relief we have won another game. and if you want to cut it down we won 1 half, its nice to see the points. but id say the weather was a great leveller today we coped better....
A win a win my kingdom for a win

AVM a much misunderstood and unknown condition http://www.avmsupport.org.uk/

I wished my bank balance was a big as our points against

have you ever seen comical Ali and RW in the same room... didnt think so.

open your mind but especially your eyes

wastedyears1981
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by wastedyears1981 » 06 Jul 2008, 16:48

If we can turn over Wire with a convicing performance, and shouldve beat them at home. Why oh why cant we turn wakey over ..... Wire looks like they are giving them a good nailing, so on paper we should turn wakey over .....but it never happens ....would be a nice finish to the season if we give wakey a good spanking. If fact, i would take finishing bottom if it ment we had scuppered any chance of wakey finishing in the top six.

TIGER DAZ

Post by TIGER DAZ » 06 Jul 2008, 16:49

tigerman1 wrote:

why a sad day. its not like people who have grave misgivings about how the club is run ACTUALLY want Cas to loose :roll:
i think if you read most of the posts it is relief we have won another game. and if you want to cut it down we won 1 half, its nice to see the points. but id say the weather was a great leveller today we coped better....
I'm guessing you class yourself as a whinger, whiner, grumbler or a bellyacher then?

WHELDON-ROAD-END
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by WHELDON-ROAD-END » 06 Jul 2008, 16:53

wastedyears1981 wrote: Infact, i would take finishing bottom if it ment we had scuppered any chance of wakey finishing in the top six.
Finally some one who thinks along same line as me, i would love us to beat Wakey to make them not get in the top 6 that would be sweeeeeet payback.

tigerman1
League One Player
League One Player

Post by tigerman1 » 06 Jul 2008, 17:02

TIGER DAZ wrote:
tigerman1 wrote:

I'm guessing you class yourself as a whinger, whiner, grumbler or a bellyacher then?
LMAO ive been called alot worse
A win a win my kingdom for a win

AVM a much misunderstood and unknown condition http://www.avmsupport.org.uk/

I wished my bank balance was a big as our points against

have you ever seen comical Ali and RW in the same room... didnt think so.

open your mind but especially your eyes