Castleford invited to Franchise Launch

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
superleague08
Academy Player
Academy Player

Castleford invited to Franchise Launch

Post by superleague08 » 07 Jul 2008, 11:58

was told yesterday at the game by a very respectable life long member that Castleford have received a letter asking for the availabilty of there Head coach and the Chief executive to attend the press conference in Leeds on July 22nd.
All 14 clubs will find out a week today and will be asked to keep there silence for a further week for the presentation conference.
IT SEEMS VERY UNLIKELY THAT UNSUCCESFULL CLUBS WILL BE PRESENT!
so let me be the first to say well done Castleford tigers on the franchise decision :clap:

SherburnTiger88
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by SherburnTiger88 » 07 Jul 2008, 12:01

I would think all applicants will get an invite.

I also think we'll get a franchise but i will not rest til it's confirmed.
And It's Hull City! Hullll Cityyyyy FC! We're by far the greatest team the world has ever seen!!!!!
Silverware! We Don't Care! We'll follow City/Tigers Everywhere!!!

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 07 Jul 2008, 12:43

Who the hell is this Franc Hise and what position does he play? Hoipe to God he doesn't require a permit to come!
Spreading the Cas gene pool

dettoriman
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: Dettoriman

Post by dettoriman » 07 Jul 2008, 12:53

Flat Capper wrote:Who the hell is this Franc Hise and what position does he play? Hoipe to God he doesn't require a permit to come!
He is versatile, Plays wherever TM feels like playing him - Which could be anywhere from 1-17
Loyalty Costs Nothing !

classy cas
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by classy cas » 07 Jul 2008, 13:13

dettoriman wrote:
Flat Capper wrote:Who the hell is this Franc Hise and what position does he play? Hoipe to God he doesn't require a permit to come!
He is versatile, Plays wherever TM feels like playing him - Which could be anywhere from 1-17
TM likes his players versitile. Ive never seen a coach change players positions so much

drleftie
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by drleftie » 07 Jul 2008, 13:26

If its true it sounds like a good sign- surely the RFL wouldn't risk having representatives from an unsuccessful team kicking off and ruining their big day.

dettoriman
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: Dettoriman

Post by dettoriman » 07 Jul 2008, 13:37

drleftie wrote:If its true it sounds like a good sign- surely the RFL wouldn't risk having representatives from an unsuccessful team kicking off and ruining their big day.
We will get a franchise :lol:

I love it how everyone is worried - there arent enough Clubs better than us - Simple As and the success of Joe westerman and positive signs about the stadium have just made it even more certain
Loyalty Costs Nothing !

themacs
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by themacs » 07 Jul 2008, 13:44

how on earth can the news be kept quiet to start with any club not being awarded a place will shout about it and make a fuss, Whats the worst thing the rfl can do, not give you a place !!!!!!!!!!!!

corsa
Academy Player
Academy Player
Twitter: @ianhenshaw1983

Post by corsa » 07 Jul 2008, 14:14

SherburnTiger88 wrote:I would think all applicants will get an invite.

I also think we'll get a franchise but i will not rest til it's confirmed.
Yeah i agree with you on that

monkeyface
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by monkeyface » 07 Jul 2008, 16:06

dettoriman wrote:
drleftie wrote:If its true it sounds like a good sign- surely the RFL wouldn't risk having representatives from an unsuccessful team kicking off and ruining their big day.
We will get a franchise :lol:

I love it how everyone is worried - there arent enough Clubs better than us - Simple As and the success of Joe westerman and positive signs about the stadium have just made it even more certain
:clap: :clap: :clap: :D

Beth
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Beth » 07 Jul 2008, 17:07

Ive never been worried about not getting a franchise. The RFL would never have the balls to kick out a current SL club in the first year. It's 2012 im worried about.

WHELDON-ROAD-END
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by WHELDON-ROAD-END » 07 Jul 2008, 18:06

Beth wrote:Ive never been worried about not getting a franchise. The RFL would never have the balls to kick out a current SL club in the first year. It's 2012 im worried about.
Why 2012? i think by then we'l be a better club and with the stadium i can see us hosting cup ties and concerts, after every game also theres Xscape where tourists and fans can go after, so Castleford as a whole is on the rise although people don't think so.
Where not just going to be a strong rugby club but Castleford looks asthough its going places.

petercascas
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by petercascas » 07 Jul 2008, 18:29

I honestly dont think we would of got one if they had awarded only 12 places. Think One of us and wakey would have gone for celtic. And my money would have been on Wakey with their current form.

Anyway its 14 teams and im confident :D

WHELDON-ROAD-END
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by WHELDON-ROAD-END » 07 Jul 2008, 19:06

I agree 12 places and we would'nt of got one apparently us and HKR would of been the 2 teams not to get one. But i have every faith in us getting one with 14 teams, it very lucky that it is 14 because we would'nt of got one.

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 07 Jul 2008, 19:17

I gotta a feling Celtic will get one, look at the Catalans now. Wales is still relatively untapped for RL players.

WHELDON-ROAD-END
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by WHELDON-ROAD-END » 07 Jul 2008, 19:23

Its either 2 of 4 -

Widnes
Celtic
Salford
Leigh

Personally id like Widnes or Salford but who knows i just think Celtic wont get the attendances and money that Wines and Salford can get plus the stadium Widnes have and what Salford will get and both can attract top players.

wastedyears1981
Academy Player
Academy Player
Location: Eating a baloo burger in the WRE behind the sticks.

Post by wastedyears1981 » 07 Jul 2008, 19:32

WHELDON-ROAD-END wrote:Its either 2 of 4 -

Widnes
Celtic
Salford
Leigh

Personally id like Widnes or Salford but who knows i just think Celtic wont get the attendances and money that Wines and Salford can get plus the stadium Widnes have and what Salford will get and both can attract top players.
I hope its Widnes and Salford, although I reckon it will be Celtic and Widnes/Salford. Leigh I doubt wont get one, they havent consistantly been in top flight rugby league where as Widnes/Salford have over the past few years. The RL are wanting to outsource and push RL further afield, so Celtic would be their first choice IMO. I think they will really struggle if they were to get a franchise, theyve never played in SL. At least Widnes and Salford have had the past experience of playing in SL. But saying that, neither did Catalans, and look at them now.

Time is a great healer, unless its a rash. Then your better off with ointment - Holly, Red Dwarf

GThornton
League One Player
League One Player

Post by GThornton » 07 Jul 2008, 20:02

Well, we've had Sheffield and Gateshead in Superleague and they removed them sort of. We've had two teams relegated in the same season. We've had London going pop and being reformed at the same time, as London. Anyway nothing would surprise me with this franchise thingy. We will find out soon enough though.

stevem
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by stevem » 07 Jul 2008, 20:10

mart0042 wrote:I gotta a feling Celtic will get one, look at the Catalans now. Wales is still relatively untapped for RL players.
I think Celtic will get one as why else would they go through all this hype of the 'Millenium Magic' weekend if not to promote the game of RL in Wales proir to the Franchise been announced?

By the way did anybody else see Mark Lennon stood on the terrace at yesterdays game?

alf garnett
League One Player
League One Player

Post by alf garnett » 07 Jul 2008, 20:37

yeah mark was there along with karen from shop n her partner jason
alf garnett 2006 & 2007 winner of the casforum.co.uk most negative poster and we hate the BOD poster
super leagure we dont care -sorry wakey we dont want to share