Jack Lee

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Half Acres Halfwit
League One Player
League One Player

Jack Lee

Post by Half Acres Halfwit » 07 Jul 2008, 16:14

Another youth player to Fev,Jack has gone on loan for the rest of the season :roll:

HEY YOU GU-UYS!!

braytontiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by braytontiger » 07 Jul 2008, 16:19

at 19 i doubt he will ever be good enough for super league,a bit harsh but thats the reality of it,i hope he goes well at fev and finds his level and has a good career.

fenton
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: AFenton90

Post by fenton » 07 Jul 2008, 16:33

How many players do they want from us?

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 07 Jul 2008, 16:34

fenton wrote:How many players do they want from us?
They'll be asking for sherwin next :hand:

wastedyears1981
Academy Player
Academy Player
Location: Eating a baloo burger in the WRE behind the sticks.

Post by wastedyears1981 » 07 Jul 2008, 17:35

old cas lass wrote:
fenton wrote:How many players do they want from us?
They'll be asking for sherwin next :hand:
They can have him ........ in 20 years.

Time is a great healer, unless its a rash. Then your better off with ointment - Holly, Red Dwarf

WHELDON-ROAD-END
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by WHELDON-ROAD-END » 07 Jul 2008, 18:20

braytontiger wrote:at 19 i doubt he will ever be good enough for super league,a bit harsh but thats the reality of it,i hope he goes well at fev and finds his level and has a good career.
I can understand where your coming from but he is one of the better players for the 21's very strong and versatile, i would give him 2 games - 1 game against a team outside top 6 and another team in top 6 so he can see what the difference is. If this does'nt work then who knows, but everyone deserves a chance if there good and he is good.

braytontiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by braytontiger » 07 Jul 2008, 19:27

WHELDON-ROAD-END wrote:
braytontiger wrote:at 19 i doubt he will ever be good enough for super league,a bit harsh but thats the reality of it,i hope he goes well at fev and finds his level and has a good career.
I can understand where your coming from but he is one of the better players for the 21's very strong and versatile, i would give him 2 games - 1 game against a team outside top 6 and another team in top 6 so he can see what the difference is. If this does'nt work then who knows, but everyone deserves a chance if there good and he is good.
in reality that sounds right but ive watched the u21s a few times and to be blunt they are a very average side with the club putting a team together because they after,they have done so by putting a few squad players together with u18 has beens and they would struggle to beat an nl2 team,to suggest giving them a chance in the first team would be way off the mark.

BigNige
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by BigNige » 07 Jul 2008, 20:57

What happened to the pre-season (reason for lack of signings) that younger players would be given a chance. Massey make 1 no show appearance from the bench & 1 brief outing from the bench. Instead we are becoming Fev's feeder club. It's not as if we are going great guns with the senior squad. U21 to play this year are Owen, Westerman, Massey & Boyle plus Scott Moore but he's on loan.
Instead of shipping them elsewhere give them an opportunity here as IMO they can do no worse than what we have been. :?

WHELDON-ROAD-END
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by WHELDON-ROAD-END » 07 Jul 2008, 21:01

BigNige wrote: Instead of shipping them elsewhere give them an opportunity here as IMO they can do no worse than what we have been. :?
Amen to that.

Stevo
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Stevo » 07 Jul 2008, 21:23

braytontiger wrote: in reality that sounds right but ive watched the u21s a few times and to be blunt they are a very average side with the club putting a team together because they after,they have done so by putting a few squad players together with u18 has beens and they would struggle to beat an nl2 team,to suggest giving them a chance in the first team would be way off the mark.

Lets be fair to Jack, he has been one of the few bright lights in the U21's this year, who have been struggling I agree.

You could put Darren Lockyear in that squad & he would struggle to look like the world beater we all know he is.

In my opinion Jack Lee is a "work in progress" worth continuing with & is certainly no worse than some of the current 1st team squad & 2nd rate Aussies we've tried this season
Always borrow money from a pessimist.
He wont expect you to pay him back !!!!

fig of whitwood
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by fig of whitwood » 07 Jul 2008, 22:00

TM's probarbly scared to death to try out any of the youngsters as if a stuffing comes our way his head will be called for as it was last week on this site by many.
All gone a bit quiet after the weekend....how many participated in the sit in, i got off straight after the game so couldn't count heads.

Wicksy
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Wicksy » 08 Jul 2008, 01:28

fig of whitwood wrote:TM's probarbly scared to death to try out any of the youngsters as if a stuffing comes our way his head will be called for as it was last week on this site by many.
All gone a bit quiet after the weekend....how many participated in the sit in, i got off straight after the game so couldn't count heads.
FFS fig, how many stuffings do we need . I for one have not gone quiet . You go on and believe the failures mate . How does it go, a CAS fan that opens his trap, is no real CAS fan . :lol: :lol:

Maybe they don't want to stand down because they want to rectify the mistakes they've made in seasons gone by.

smoking monkey
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by smoking monkey » 08 Jul 2008, 08:03

Wicksy wrote:
fig of whitwood wrote:TM's probarbly scared to death to try out any of the youngsters as if a stuffing comes our way his head will be called for as it was last week on this site by many.
FFS fig, how many stuffings do we need . I for one have not gone quiet . You go on and believe the failures mate . How does it go, a CAS fan that opens his trap, is no real CAS fan . :lol: :lol:
Wicksy, I agree with fig, there have been too many over-reactions to recent results. To paraphrase Tony Smith (Radio Leeds 6/7) a fan is someone who waves a flag when things are going well, a supporter is someone who gets behind his/her club when times are hard. I would never suggest that definition should mean the club is above criticism but I think some of our anti-TM extremists along with the stayaways are rapidly moving out of the 'supporter' category. No judgement implied, just a statement of what I consider the facts.

Danny Boy
Verified

Post by Danny Boy » 08 Jul 2008, 08:13

Maybe Jack should have been given a chance instead of Thacks?
I'm quite surprised he hasn't had a shot, as it seems TM has no regard for Thacks.
I do think it's a good idea sending him on loan to the cappers, it's a step up from Reserve grade, a chance to perform on a bigger stage and could help hi development, I'm sure we will have coaching staff at the Cappers game to watch how he goes, if he can't cut it at that level, then of course maybe better to find out when he's playing for another team?
Danny Boy

tigerman1
League One Player
League One Player

Post by tigerman1 » 08 Jul 2008, 08:29

fine by be im a fan and proud of it, I look at our league position and performances, I see how the club fails kids, I see our lack of desire our unwillingness to build, our lack of vision and willingness to just make do, I read of players who might have been, and watch players who are but not worth, I see cajoling I see colluding I see down right miss management and incompetence, should I speak out or should I stay quiet, 1 win doesn’t change a thing this season when we are grateful for a dirty win against a very poor side in atrocious conditions because we are cemented to the foot of the league something is wrong and as a fan as someone who has spent my hard earned money for the club to see little return deserve a right to complain, all you proper supporters zip it accept it....
When the Nazis came for the communists,
I remained silent;
I was not a communist.
When they locked up the social democrats,
I remained silent;
I was not a social democrat.
When they came for the trade unionists,
I did not speak out;
I was not a trade unionist.
When they came for the Jews,
I remained silent;
I wasn't a Jew.
When they came for me,
there was no one left to speak out.
A win a win my kingdom for a win

AVM a much misunderstood and unknown condition http://www.avmsupport.org.uk/

I wished my bank balance was a big as our points against

have you ever seen comical Ali and RW in the same room... didnt think so.

open your mind but especially your eyes

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 08 Jul 2008, 12:23

Exactly TM1. You'd have thought some of us were assessing the Club on one poor run of results rather than 5 years of poor performances.

Perhaps it's the occassional good result that is far from the norm rather than the sorry state we find ourselves in?

I don't know, perhaps the 20 odd years of supporting Cas through think or thin (anyone else feel anorexic?) has made me a glory hunter without knowing it? After all, until recent times I've only had major success to follow haven't I? ;)
Spreading the Cas gene pool

wrs
League One Player
League One Player

Post by wrs » 08 Jul 2008, 12:24

having been included in the la manga
trip / p### up/ team building / training camp thing ? i thought jack would have been given a run out this season. at least one should get
a run out but this year AS YET nothing.every super league side have played a u21 in a game so far this season. but not us ?
but hes on loan not left so we shall see..
he will make it in the game i have no doubt ..

WHELDON-ROAD-END
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by WHELDON-ROAD-END » 08 Jul 2008, 13:45

Good U21 players need to have a SL game whether its against top 6 or bottom 6 opposition to get a run out and see what its like to adapt, without this they get too comfortable with 21 rugby and then when finally givn there chance they look out of place and on another planet, if we end up in a predicament where were going to finish bottom for definate then why not try Jack and Lupo who i believe are 2 very good players, if not then the pre seasons next year which then gives them a good 6 months to get in gym and on training ground and get fitter than ever, if they don't impress, then TM can think concentrate on his 1st team squad. But every one needs a run out with some of the best players in SL it's what learning and playings all about, hense why the Rhinos have the likes of Kallum Watkins who is a fantastic prospect with him basically the game of his life against Bradford at MM.

wastedyears1981
Academy Player
Academy Player
Location: Eating a baloo burger in the WRE behind the sticks.

Post by wastedyears1981 » 08 Jul 2008, 15:54

Cas are renown for producing home grown players, our best players came through our own ranks.

Without blooding our U21's ect, we will lose this trait. Maybe towards back of the season when our position in the table is more concrete (if its not already) and its a little safer to get em out onto the field.

Time is a great healer, unless its a rash. Then your better off with ointment - Holly, Red Dwarf

Fully
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Fully » 08 Jul 2008, 20:16

wrs wrote:having been included in the la manga
trip / p### up/ team building / training camp thing ? i thought jack would have been given a run out this season. at least one should get
a run out but this year AS YET nothing.every super league side have played a u21 in a game so far this season. but not us ?
but hes on loan not left so we shall see..
he will make it in the game i have no doubt ..
Don't Richard Owen and Joe Westerman count as U21's then? :roll: ;)
--------------------------------------------------------
ACCOUNT CLOSED WITH OWNERS PERMISSION