Good Points of Todays Game...

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Wicksy
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Wicksy » 11 Jul 2008, 23:52

fenton wrote:Good points of todays game:

Our fans.
Well said Fents .

Maybe they don't want to stand down because they want to rectify the mistakes they've made in seasons gone by.

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 12 Jul 2008, 01:00

The only other positive is the fact that we are one game closer to the end of the sorry season.

Never expected us to win but then again, I rarely do these days. Still, I'm glad the new approach of attack being the best form of defence worked well. :roll:

Next tactic is to not turn up at all and simply concede the game. That way we won't lose out on points difference. ;)
Spreading the Cas gene pool

WHELDON-ROAD-END
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by WHELDON-ROAD-END » 12 Jul 2008, 01:04

Yeah our fans were LOUD and PROUD like usual and no matter where we are, how were doing if you really have a passion for rugby and Castleford then you see through the bad performaces and get behind your team knowing playing good or bad they have a set of supporters behind them 100% other fans seeing us boo our team and hammer them which they deserve show them that we expect too much of them.

alftupper
League One Player
League One Player

Post by alftupper » 12 Jul 2008, 05:49

Flat Capper wrote:The only other positive is the fact that we are one game closer to the end of the sorry season.

Never expected us to win but then again, I rarely do these days. Still, I'm glad the new approach of attack being the best form of defence worked well. :roll:

Next tactic is to not turn up at all and simply concede the game. That way we won't lose out on points difference. ;)
summed up nicely.

the fact that we are searching for positives after a 68-12 drubbing illustrates just how low we have sunk as a club.

46-0 down at half time is the telling statistic for me - we didnt offer them any resistance at all and the game was lost after 10 minutes.

speedy
Academy Player
Academy Player
Twitter: @casrlfc

Post by speedy » 12 Jul 2008, 10:03

Not as bad as the quins though eh ;)

Half Acres Halfwit
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Half Acres Halfwit » 12 Jul 2008, 10:30

Thought Shifty put in a good display again,some of our players were not on the same wavelength at times though and bombed chances because of that.

HEY YOU GU-UYS!!

gavsdad
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by gavsdad » 12 Jul 2008, 11:22

Good points

Travelling support
Pies £2.40
Cheese Burger £2.90

Bad Points

Goldie at HB instead of Dorn
Tackling round shoulders not legs
There support ( I thought it was a wake )
Scoreline
and a SPOT CHECK SET UP BY COPPERS ON WAY TO M62 after the match
Suffering from Alzheimer's is just like watching errrrr what was it.

dettoriman
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: Dettoriman

Post by dettoriman » 12 Jul 2008, 17:22

Half Acres Halfwit wrote:Thought Shifty put in a good display again,some of our players were not on the same wavelength at times though and bombed chances because of that.
And some complete idiot was slagging him off for 80 minutes near us, Sherwin was trying things and there was nobody with him most times running onto the ball
Loyalty Costs Nothing !

monkeyface
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by monkeyface » 12 Jul 2008, 17:27

fenton wrote:Good points of todays game:

Our fans.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
another good point my son hasent stopped raving aboiut the burger he bought,!!!

monkeyface
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by monkeyface » 12 Jul 2008, 17:28

gavsdad wrote:Good points

Travelling support
Pies £2.40
Cheese Burger £2.90

Bad Points

Goldie at HB instead of Dorn
Tackling round shoulders not legs
There support ( I thought it was a wake )
Scoreline
and a SPOT CHECK SET UP BY COPPERS ON WAY TO M62 after the match
i diidnt see that , but i did see a young lad get stopped at the lights,the first ones after the petrol staion,
yes and there support was shocking,

WHELDON-ROAD-END
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by WHELDON-ROAD-END » 12 Jul 2008, 17:28

Thought Sherwin and Lupton were the best players i after say Lupton every week is a player who plays is heart out and stands up and is counted! Sherwin was'nt like he was been last 3 weeks but then again who can put in a master class on their own against Saints, he did one mistake kicking out on full but part from that not bad from shifty.

monkeyface
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by monkeyface » 12 Jul 2008, 18:10

WHELDON-ROAD-END wrote:Thought Sherwin and Lupton were the best players i after say Lupton every week is a player who plays is heart out and stands up and is counted! Sherwin was'nt like he was been last 3 weeks but then again who can put in a master class on their own against Saints, he did one mistake kicking out on full but part from that not bad from shifty.
he was really struggling at the end, hope hes not too bad for our coming games , as hes starting to shine,

dettoriman
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by dettoriman » 12 Jul 2008, 18:16

Went off with what looked like a Knee injury, I dont know how serious it was but ice was applied immediately and it didnt look good
Loyalty Costs Nothing !

wastedyears1981
Academy Player
Academy Player
Location: Eating a baloo burger in the WRE behind the sticks.

Post by wastedyears1981 » 12 Jul 2008, 20:04

dettoriman wrote:Went off with what looked like a Knee injury, I dont know how serious it was but ice was applied immediately and it didnt look good
Its nowt the old magic sponge wont sort out lol

Time is a great healer, unless its a rash. Then your better off with ointment - Holly, Red Dwarf

WHELDON-ROAD-END
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by WHELDON-ROAD-END » 13 Jul 2008, 15:20

I can see Sherwin being world class next season hes all of a sudden come into is own and dictating everything, last 4 weeks hes been captain fantastic and rallied everyone, i can only see him gettin better next year, as for Lupton i think we should be looking to keep him hes a fantastic team player and his in everything tackling and running! ok we need better but hes such a team player and a great player.

dettoriman
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by dettoriman » 13 Jul 2008, 15:30

WHELDON-ROAD-END wrote:I can see Sherwin being world class next season hes all of a sudden come into is own and dictating everything, last 4 weeks hes been captain fantastic and rallied everyone, i can only see him gettin better next year, as for Lupton i think we should be looking to keep him hes a fantastic team player and his in everything tackling and running! ok we need better but hes such a team player and a great player.
Rumour had it he was asking for a stupid amount of money to re-sign and if he tries silly demands like this he should be shown the door - 40k take it or leave it and thats a generous deal
Loyalty Costs Nothing !

WHELDON-ROAD-END
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by WHELDON-ROAD-END » 13 Jul 2008, 16:04

150k to play for Castleford is far too much never mind wanting more - i dont care who you are! yeah the guy is a class act but man oh man thats a hell of a lot of money to play or a bottom side, fair do's if we was a top 6 team challenging year in year out but where not, where a small town that struggle for money and players and players that are knocking on 30 are wanting this ridicolous money .. to me it seems that he wants the money now so he can retire very shortly, if this is the case then very selfish and taking advantage of our weak board who would practically bend backwards to keep him no matter what.

dettoriman
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by dettoriman » 13 Jul 2008, 16:23

WHELDON-ROAD-END wrote:150k to play for Castleford is far too much never mind wanting more - i dont care who you are! yeah the guy is a class act but man oh man thats a hell of a lot of money to play or a bottom side, fair do's if we was a top 6 team challenging year in year out but where not, where a small town that struggle for money and players and players that are knocking on 30 are wanting this ridicolous money .. to me it seems that he wants the money now so he can retire very shortly, if this is the case then very selfish and taking advantage of our weak board who would practically bend backwards to keep him no matter what.
Paying a player like Lockyer 150k isnt bad business - Just for the extra exposure etc, Your talking about one of the worlds best players - Although i wont say were even offering him a contract let alone what money we would pay

He would be worth a contract for 2 years, But would i rather see Mateo here, Cheaper, Younger and not injury prone - Maybe so
Loyalty Costs Nothing !

WHELDON-ROAD-END
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by WHELDON-ROAD-END » 13 Jul 2008, 16:27

Well was watching Matteo in action other day on Setanta Sport looked very good and like ya said young and injury free, whereas i feel Lockyer wouldn't be able to handle the phyicality of SL has in aussie as soon as there hit there let go whereas SL its niggly and brutal, thats why some Aussies can't hack it, but non the less Lockyer of course would sell the shirts and be the talk of SL for years im sure of that, getting the former best player in the world and world cup winning captain would be awesome but somehow i just cannot see it happening!