Good Points of Todays Game...

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Adam
Verified
Championship Player
Championship Player
Twitter: @yorkscoaster

Good Points of Todays Game...

Post by Adam » 11 Jul 2008, 21:07

OK a massive defeat, but what did we expect really?? A team as developed as Saints, we were never really going to challenge them...

However I feel one good point is we didnt give up in the second half, we played right to the end...

Not the best match ever, but what did we expect ?

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 11 Jul 2008, 21:09

Lets go out next week and smash quinns, that would be the answer.
Unless our confedence as been well and truely knock out of us, i dont know how TM can lift them from this.

decorator
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by decorator » 11 Jul 2008, 21:12

Couldn't make the game but massive relief that it's over...not half as bad as the half time score suggested...radio suggesting that we could have had a ton put past us...just hope no injuries...bring on next week - come on Cas lads...take it out on London. :)

pontetiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by pontetiger » 11 Jul 2008, 21:15

worst sl team we have ever had at cas im afraid,mass clearout needed or we will get stuffed next year as well :oops: :oops:

Skip
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Skip » 11 Jul 2008, 21:17

Even with a mass clearout, we'll still take half a season to gain any kind of organisation - it would be like putting a bunch of strangers together for the first half of the year...
Why do today what you can put off till tomorrow?

There is a thin line between insanity and genius. I walk that line every day.

alftupper
League One Player
League One Player

Post by alftupper » 11 Jul 2008, 21:18

I agree we are terrible and borderline embarrassing but I can't see the two new clubs finishing above us next year even if we didnt recruit.

wastedyears1981
Academy Player
Academy Player
Location: Eating a baloo burger in the WRE behind the sticks.

Post by wastedyears1981 » 11 Jul 2008, 21:19

pontetiger wrote:worst sl team we have ever had at cas im afraid,mass clearout needed or we will get stuffed next year as well :oops: :oops:

:clap: :clap:

I really dont think mattison is up to it .... for one minute didnt think we'd beat saints ...but we are better than that scoreline suggests .... mattison has no clues what he is doing and im afraid has long since lost confidence in me .... no one else to blame for the performances on the pitch other than him. And I dont want any of this gap year crap .... every other team in SL this year seems to be taking it serious other than us.

This is one of the worst scorelines I have ever seen whilst supporting cas .... time to go mattison.

Time is a great healer, unless its a rash. Then your better off with ointment - Holly, Red Dwarf

pontetiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by pontetiger » 11 Jul 2008, 21:22

no proffesional team should get drubbed like that,this just shows that our forwards are physically too small and not good enough!!!!we desperatly need rumoured signings moimoi/koupou/mateo etc

decorator
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by decorator » 11 Jul 2008, 21:31

pontetiger wrote:worst sl team we have ever had at cas im afraid,mass clearout needed or we will get stuffed next year as well :oops: :oops:

August 2006 ...St Helens 72 Cas 4 ...at Cas too. Tonght is bad but not the worst. :(

sthornley1981
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by sthornley1981 » 11 Jul 2008, 21:32

wastedyears1981 wrote:

I really dont think mattison is up to it .... for one minute didnt think we'd beat saints ...but we are better than that scoreline suggests .... mattison has no clues what he is doing and im afraid has long since lost confidence in me .... no one else to blame for the performances on the pitch other than him. And I dont want any of this gap year crap .... every other team in SL this year seems to be taking it serious other than us.

This is one of the worst scorelines I have ever seen whilst supporting cas .... time to go mattison.
amen brother, praise the lord!!!!
DINK DANK DOO!

WRIGHT IS POO!

alcasfan
League One Player
League One Player
Location: LS25 About as far from LEEDS as you can get with an LS code - Thank God!

Post by alcasfan » 11 Jul 2008, 21:50

Fixed Quotes and Smilies - Adam

Di
Verified
Twitter: @diddididi64

Post by Di » 11 Jul 2008, 22:06

Cas fans did the conga
Casforum is a non-profit website. We rely on donations and forum advertising to keep the site alive. If you'd like to donate please contact any administrator. In return we'll give you a shiny new forum rank!

Wicksy
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Wicksy » 11 Jul 2008, 22:14

Di wrote:Cas fans did the conga
They should get medals as big as a dustbin lid . Well done to them the very backbone of our away fan base . :clap: :clap:

Maybe they don't want to stand down because they want to rectify the mistakes they've made in seasons gone by.

alf garnett
League One Player
League One Player

Post by alf garnett » 11 Jul 2008, 22:30

did saints not run 70+past wigan
we not the only teamto get hammerd at saints as i say we was not the first and we sure will not be the last....when saints are in full flow theres not a club side in the world to live with them.
alf garnett 2006 & 2007 winner of the casforum.co.uk most negative poster and we hate the BOD poster
super leagure we dont care -sorry wakey we dont want to share

Wicksy
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Wicksy » 11 Jul 2008, 22:33

Agree Alf, but we seem to get hammered quite a bit . ;)

Maybe they don't want to stand down because they want to rectify the mistakes they've made in seasons gone by.

alftupper
League One Player
League One Player

Post by alftupper » 11 Jul 2008, 22:40

To claim a positive in the fact we conceded 2 points less than Wigan did is stretching it a bit.

We were 46-0 down after 40 minutes and it was job done as far as Saints were concerned.

THE BUNGLER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by THE BUNGLER » 11 Jul 2008, 22:43

pontetiger wrote:no proffesional team should get drubbed like that,this just shows that our forwards are physically too small and not good enough!!!!we desperatly need rumoured signings moimoi/koupou/mateo etc

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Bomber
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Bomber » 11 Jul 2008, 22:57

Oviously matterson as been coaching defence all week again. Everyone is already looking forward to next season but with our present coach choose which players are brought in these embarrassing displays will keep happening.

Bone!
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Bone! » 11 Jul 2008, 23:44

the only good thing about tonights match was the Cas fans IMO, absolutley brilliant tonight, as we always are at Saints.

We never expect much at Saints so we go for the party, seems ages since the Cas fans had such a good time like that.

Well done to the ones doing the Conga, I didn't take part as i had my kid brother with me, but was hallarious watching them go round. In the mean time the ones in the stands were singing "Keep your hands on your wallets" :lol:

THE result was dis heartening, and was shocking to watch the first half. The 2nd half gave us abit of enjoyment, especially when we scored, it was asif we had won the Challenge cup the way people reacted :lol:

We cant go there and ever expect to win, the first half was awful, something needs changing though as nobody seemed bothered during the first half. Whatever TM said at HT worked, but what he said before the game didnt register to the team.

fenton
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: AFenton90

Post by fenton » 11 Jul 2008, 23:50

Good points of todays game:

Our fans.