Franchise updates and news [Keep all posts in here]

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
dettoriman
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: Dettoriman

Post by dettoriman » 22 Jul 2008, 14:11

Jack Bauer wrote:I have listened to Richard Lewis on a couple of interviews today and they always get round to Castleford's stadium. He mentions that if the new stadium doesn't materialise we have a plan B, this must be to do with the Jungle, dose anyone have any ideas what plan B is.
There are plans in place to increase the jungles capacity to 12'000 which would gain us an extra point on the criteria - but the stadium will go ahead
Loyalty Costs Nothing !

Half Acres Halfwit
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Half Acres Halfwit » 22 Jul 2008, 15:11

Thank god it`s been announced and we`re in.Thanks to all for the texts from everyone around 10:00 this morning,I was sleeping after a 12hr night shift and needed the alarm call :D :D :D :D

HEY YOU GU-UYS!!

wastedyears1981
Academy Player
Academy Player
Location: Eating a baloo burger in the WRE behind the sticks.

Post by wastedyears1981 » 22 Jul 2008, 15:38

And its no way never ....no way never no more .... will we play the fev rovers .... this decade .... no more.

WE ARE SUPER LEAGUE ..... ALWAYS HAVE ..... AND ALWAYS WILL BE!!!!!

COME ON TIIIIIGEEEERRRRRRS!!!!!!

wooohoooo :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Time is a great healer, unless its a rash. Then your better off with ointment - Holly, Red Dwarf

Jack Bauer
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Jack Bauer » 22 Jul 2008, 15:40

wastedyears1981 wrote:And its no way never ....no way never no more .... will we play the fev rovers .... this decade .... no more.

WE ARE SUPER LEAGUE ..... ALWAYS HAVE ..... AND ALWAYS WILL BE!!!!!

COME ON TIIIIIGEEEERRRRRRS!!!!!!

wooohoooo :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:
Don't count your chickens.

Always the Challenge Cup and the friendlies.

Jack Bauer
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Jack Bauer » 22 Jul 2008, 15:44

wastedyears1981
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by wastedyears1981 » 22 Jul 2008, 17:34

Jack Bauer wrote:Richard Wright on TigerTV

http://www.castigers.com/cgi-bin/tigertv.cgi?57
Bet thats the first time that songs ever been sung in the terrace lol.

Good work RW ..... but all the work starts now, getting the franchise easy, building a top rate club is a lot harder.

Time is a great healer, unless its a rash. Then your better off with ointment - Holly, Red Dwarf

ten
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by ten » 22 Jul 2008, 17:50

I know we have just got our franchise for the next three years and I am really glad about it as it will help the club strengthen and compete at a higher level in the league.

But just out of interest, the next time the franchise bid has to be given in are the licenses for super league judged on the same criteria as this time.
I.e. 12,000 capacity
10,000+ attendances
40 percent full
contribution to comp
solvent
salary cap
Etc.

or will there be new criteria?

WHELDON-ROAD-END
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by WHELDON-ROAD-END » 22 Jul 2008, 17:53

I think they will keep all these criteria but maybe add a few more in.
They will still want to see teams are getting 10,000 attendances, especially brining in youth etc so yeah i think so ten.

wastedyears1981
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by wastedyears1981 » 22 Jul 2008, 17:58

ten wrote:I know we have just got our franchise for the next three years and I am really glad about it as it will help the club strengthen and compete at a higher level in the league.

But just out of interest, the next time the franchise bid has to be given in are the licenses for super league judged on the same criteria as this time.
I.e. 12,000 capacity
10,000+ attendances
40 percent full
contribution to comp
solvent
salary cap
Etc.

or will there be new criteria?
The new criterea:

Burger conniseur will do Burger/Pies/Hotdog tasting, each club will be marked on:

1. Size of product
2. Drippage of grease after purchase
3. Onions (Boiled of Fried)
3. Age of bread
4. Consistancy of Pie Fillings (will mostly effect the lancashire cheats)
5. Locally produced goods, meat from local farmers.
6. Assortment of sauces (extra points awarded for variety)

This will be the only assesment made for the 2012 bids.

:dance: :dance: :dance:

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 22 Jul 2008, 18:08

It is blantantly apparent that if we do not have the ground up and running by the next franchise handout then we will be gone. Salford used this as their main point with the fact they were the only team in manchester.

I'm glad to see the ground proressing but, bricks and mortar show me a lot more.

It's time to say well done RW and the team for getting us in. The hard bit will be to stay there.

Tiger Totty
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Tiger Totty » 22 Jul 2008, 18:33

Celtic and Salford plus the current 12 .... as I had been told a few weeks ago... anything that brings the sexy Robbie Paul back to the Lane is only a good thing ;)

This also adds to the point that MM is moving out of Wales, it all ties in.....Scottish team in a few years??

;)

Totty
Rugby Predictions Cup Competition Winner 2006 - Football Predictions Semi-finalist 2007
Premier League Football Predictions Winner 2008 & UEFA EURO Predictions 2008 Winner
RL Grand Finalist Runner-up 2010

wrs
League One Player
League One Player

Post by wrs » 22 Jul 2008, 18:38

no sour grapes in Leigh...

Leigh chief executive Allan Rowley said: "May we take this opportunity to wish Salford and Celtic all the best but we also have to say we are thoroughly disgusted with the Celtic decision.

"We now have a team that fielded 10 overseas players against us because they are classed as a development team and are now in our elite competition, which is a complete contradiction of terms and we feel this decision is purely a geographical one.

full story here but he has got a point

http://www.sportinglife.com/rugbyleague ... _Lead.html

Di
Verified
Twitter: @diddididi64

Post by Di » 22 Jul 2008, 18:39

and loads in Widnes
Casforum is a non-profit website. We rely on donations and forum advertising to keep the site alive. If you'd like to donate please contact any administrator. In return we'll give you a shiny new forum rank!

Dirk Diggler
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Dirk Diggler » 22 Jul 2008, 18:44

'There's only 1 RW'!!! Thank the Lord there is!!!

A nice mention about the 10000 fans at Headingley last October. Pity he didn't pull his finger out of his ar$e back then and exploit the floating fans that made the effort to turn out and support the lads whilst the wave of euphoria was surrounding the club. Maybe then the magic 10000 attendance that he was talking about which in his own words 'will see other areas of the business take care of themselves' would have been much nearer being achieved.

A total of 34 eeerr's, an increase on his last CasTV appearence which is another area which needs improvement.

On the whole RW, you can talk the talk, time to start walking the walk.

Over to you.

;)
Long Live The Monkey Munch!!!

tigersimon
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by tigersimon » 22 Jul 2008, 20:12

Listened to it all unfolding this mornin on radio leeds , very nervous especially when we hadn't received our email saying YAY or Nay.
Richard Wright and the rest running up stairs to watch it all on sky sports news.

Nice to see wakefield get their email on time.

Listening to Mr Kear on look north , wakey aint got anything regarding a new ground in the near future so how come they've been granted over widnes who already have a decent stadium.

Matt
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @invmatt

Post by Matt » 22 Jul 2008, 20:56

From the sounds of it Wakey only just got the license. They stayed in thanks to the financial problems over at Widnes.

I'm probably wrong but to me it makes sense.

Fully
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Fully » 22 Jul 2008, 21:26

Really pleased tonight. Disappointed for Widnes. No matter what financial problems they've had in the past, they still offer much more stability than Celtic Crusaders.

But, we'll see how they do over the next three years. One thing though, I'm boycotting EVER going to Wales. I know Cas don't deserve it, but I disagree with what the RFL have done.
--------------------------------------------------------
ACCOUNT CLOSED WITH OWNERS PERMISSION

WHELDON-ROAD-END
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by WHELDON-ROAD-END » 22 Jul 2008, 21:28

Fully wrote:Really pleased tonight. Disappointed for Widnes. No matter what financial problems they've had in the past, they still offer much more stability than Celtic Crusaders.

But, we'll see how they do over the next three years. One thing though, I'm boycotting EVER going to Wales. I know Cas don't deserve it, but I disagree with what the RFL have done.
Widnes offer alot more to SL than Celtic can but we'll see, im not bothered because Cas are here!

stumain
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by stumain » 23 Jul 2008, 12:07

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 23 Jul 2008, 12:33

Quote Richard Lewis.

"Clearly there are deficiencies in those grounds [Cas & Wakefield], but we will be taking that up with the clubs over the course of the next week or so, so they can be in no doubt what they need to achieve before the next licensing round comes around."

It really annoys me when they bring grounds up that are not up to scratch they use cas and wakefield as examples.

What about HKR, salford, CC, saint helens,

Ok all are up grading, salford saints new stadiums, HKR up grading craven park, nothing on CC as yet.
It always seems to be oh cas and wakefield

must have the stadium in the next 3 years or they could be out.
So if saints and salford arnt ready with there stadium in 3 years are they out as well, cant recall hearing anything on that score.

Just does my head in.