Will the club announce any new siginings?

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
WHELDON-ROAD-END
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by WHELDON-ROAD-END » 22 Jul 2008, 17:44

wastedyears1981 wrote:
WHELDON-ROAD-END wrote:I think we'd all love to see Razza come back!
With what people are saying, I think Razza would love to come back lol.
That would do nicely. ;)

Bengal
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Bengal » 22 Jul 2008, 21:00

I've heard we are hoping to announce 2 new signings, probably overseas ones, within the next 3 days or so. Don't ask me who they are though because I haven't got a clue.
So I said to the Taxi driver, "King Edwards Close". He replied "It's alright we'll lose him at the next set of lights".

"If you listen to the fans, you end up sitting with them" - Wayne Bennett

Steadman_4_PM
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Steadman_4_PM » 22 Jul 2008, 21:01

Bengal wrote:I've heard we are hoping to announce 2 new signings, probably overseas ones, within the next 3 days or so. Don't ask me who they are though because I haven't got a clue.
Surely they would have to be overseas ones, given the 1st Sept 'anti tapping up' rule?
Adrian Flynn's career low was playing for Featherstone - "Horrible Supporters"

WHELDON-ROAD-END
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by WHELDON-ROAD-END » 22 Jul 2008, 21:03

I hope so .. i can see them being Hudson and Cockayne, even if they are i will still be very please as both good players and hv proved it this and last season.

Bengal
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Bengal » 22 Jul 2008, 21:11

Steadman_4_PM wrote:
Bengal wrote:I've heard we are hoping to announce 2 new signings, probably overseas ones, within the next 3 days or so. Don't ask me who they are though because I haven't got a clue.
Surely they would have to be overseas ones, given the 1st Sept 'anti tapping up' rule?
That's true.
So I said to the Taxi driver, "King Edwards Close". He replied "It's alright we'll lose him at the next set of lights".

"If you listen to the fans, you end up sitting with them" - Wayne Bennett

Di
Verified
Twitter: @diddididi64

Post by Di » 22 Jul 2008, 21:13

stop getting em wound up, you know what'll happen ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)
Casforum is a non-profit website. We rely on donations and forum advertising to keep the site alive. If you'd like to donate please contact any administrator. In return we'll give you a shiny new forum rank!

braytontiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by braytontiger » 22 Jul 2008, 21:36

fuifui moimoi ;)

Fully
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Fully » 22 Jul 2008, 21:38

braytontiger wrote:
fuifui moimoi ;)
More like Wee Wee Moo Moo. :lol:
--------------------------------------------------------
ACCOUNT CLOSED WITH OWNERS PERMISSION

WHELDON-ROAD-END
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by WHELDON-ROAD-END » 22 Jul 2008, 21:39

braytontiger wrote:
fuifui moimoi ;)
I would love to see that but just cant see it happening, if he did come though, where would Huby play, i mean hes been the back bone of our team for a few years now really coming on leaps and bounds, hes our longest serving players and hes 22! would we put him at 2nd row or sub him? because he does'nt deserve to warm bench with Korki!

Steadman_4_PM
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Steadman_4_PM » 22 Jul 2008, 21:44

WHELDON-ROAD-END wrote:
braytontiger wrote:
fuifui moimoi ;)
I would love to see that but just cant see it happening, if he did come though, where would Huby play, i mean hes been the back bone of our team for a few years now really coming on leaps and bounds, hes our longest serving players and hes 22! would we put him at 2nd row or sub him? because he does'nt deserve to warm bench with Korki!
If we recruit the likes of Moi Moi, then we'll be off loading Korki otherwise we'll be up to the cap without having strengthened all that much.

Our pack next year will include Huby, along with Sargent, perhaps someone like Moi Moi and so there's plenty of room for more should they be the right players. One in doesn't mean one out.
Adrian Flynn's career low was playing for Featherstone - "Horrible Supporters"

braytontiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by braytontiger » 22 Jul 2008, 21:45

WHELDON-ROAD-END wrote:
braytontiger wrote:
fuifui moimoi ;)
sorry to say this but if we stick with what we have at the moment then we will be still at the bottom of the table next year.

moimoi is a nrl prop with international experiance and for those who say he only plays ten minutes their wrong.ive known about moimoi for a few weeks and have watched his performance closely on setanta,at the weekend he played for around 50 minutes of the game and whilst not been a workhorse like nutley but what he gives is quality and intimidation something we havent had since wayne bartrim left who used to put the fear of god into his opponants.
Last edited by braytontiger on 22 Jul 2008, 21:46, edited 1 time in total.

chuckaneppy
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by chuckaneppy » 22 Jul 2008, 21:45

Read a post a week or so ago about a S/O from Brisbane, people seem to have put this together with Darren Lockyer.

Went on the Brisbane section of the front row forum and it mentions that David Stagg has taken the coin to go to England, no mention of the club though. Stagg is listed as n the club site as a S/R but he also plays centre and he has been deputising for Lockyer at S/O for about the last 10/12 games. A 40 tackles a game man apparently.

Him possibly?

WHELDON-ROAD-END
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by WHELDON-ROAD-END » 22 Jul 2008, 21:48

chuckaneppy wrote:
Read a post a week or so ago about a S/O from Brisbane, people seem to have put this together with Darren Lockyer.

Went on the Brisbane section of the front row forum and it mentions that David Stagg has taken the coin to go to England, no mention of the club though. Stagg is listed as n the club site as a S/R but he also plays centre and he has been deputising for Lockyer at S/O for about the last 10/12 games. A 40 tackles a game man apparently.

Him possibly?
Who knows, everyone is saying Lockyer and Moi Moi but im just not sure!

Mr. Tiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mr. Tiger » 22 Jul 2008, 21:51

if we have any real ambitions then we will try to sign mark minichello!!!!!

mind you every NRL club would love him., int footy is just around the corner for amrk so cas isn't ideal really!!!

WHELDON-ROAD-END
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by WHELDON-ROAD-END » 22 Jul 2008, 21:54

Thing is we still after understand that Cas is a step down for some aussies who hav been with say Brisbane and top teams who have won or been winning trophies .. we need time to prove ourselfs and then start bringing in great players!

braytontiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by braytontiger » 22 Jul 2008, 22:03

WHELDON-ROAD-END wrote:Thing is we still after understand that Cas is a step down for some aussies who hav been with say Brisbane and top teams who have won or been winning trophies .. we need time to prove ourselfs and then start bringing in great players!
aussies only understand the dollars,give them enough and they will come regardless of the team,its what they are brought up with, all teams are equal down under and any team can win the grand final now we have the franchise system hopefully the same can happen over here.

WHELDON-ROAD-END
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by WHELDON-ROAD-END » 22 Jul 2008, 22:16

braytontiger wrote:
WHELDON-ROAD-END wrote:Thing is we still after understand that Cas is a step down for some aussies who hav been with say Brisbane and top teams who have won or been winning trophies .. we need time to prove ourselfs and then start bringing in great players!
aussies only understand the dollars,give them enough and they will come regardless of the team,its what they are brought up with, all teams are equal down under and any team can win the grand final now we have the franchise system hopefully the same can happen over here.
We still have some way to go before we even can think about finishing top 6 never mind winning GF's.

dettoriman
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: Dettoriman

Post by dettoriman » 22 Jul 2008, 22:24

WHELDON-ROAD-END wrote:
braytontiger wrote:
We still have some way to go before we even can think about finishing top 6 never mind winning GF's.
You may be right but i agree with Brayton - were on a level playing field now -- the franchise should see 14 clubs spend the 1.65 million or so within 3 years - And at the end of this it will be the sides who have the best managed budget who will be top

Its up to us now to stop overpaying players significantly and get the right people in for the job and get up there with the big boys - If we dont acheive a top 6 finish in 3 years then i would consider it a failure
Loyalty Costs Nothing !

danny lad
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by danny lad » 22 Jul 2008, 22:27

any chance you could give us some hints on the signings dettoriman?

WHELDON-ROAD-END
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by WHELDON-ROAD-END » 22 Jul 2008, 22:32

Still it will take us at least 2-3 years to get top 6 and even longer for a GF appearance, unless we get better than Saints, Leeds, Wigan, Bradford, Warrington and whoever else contests for top 6 then we wont finish there, we simply after be better than the team in front of us and where not ready for it yet!