Will the club announce any new siginings?

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
braytontiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by braytontiger » 22 Jul 2008, 22:03

WHELDON-ROAD-END wrote:Thing is we still after understand that Cas is a step down for some aussies who hav been with say Brisbane and top teams who have won or been winning trophies .. we need time to prove ourselfs and then start bringing in great players!
aussies only understand the dollars,give them enough and they will come regardless of the team,its what they are brought up with, all teams are equal down under and any team can win the grand final now we have the franchise system hopefully the same can happen over here.

WHELDON-ROAD-END
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by WHELDON-ROAD-END » 22 Jul 2008, 22:16

braytontiger wrote:
WHELDON-ROAD-END wrote:Thing is we still after understand that Cas is a step down for some aussies who hav been with say Brisbane and top teams who have won or been winning trophies .. we need time to prove ourselfs and then start bringing in great players!
aussies only understand the dollars,give them enough and they will come regardless of the team,its what they are brought up with, all teams are equal down under and any team can win the grand final now we have the franchise system hopefully the same can happen over here.
We still have some way to go before we even can think about finishing top 6 never mind winning GF's.

dettoriman
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: Dettoriman

Post by dettoriman » 22 Jul 2008, 22:24

WHELDON-ROAD-END wrote:
braytontiger wrote:
We still have some way to go before we even can think about finishing top 6 never mind winning GF's.
You may be right but i agree with Brayton - were on a level playing field now -- the franchise should see 14 clubs spend the 1.65 million or so within 3 years - And at the end of this it will be the sides who have the best managed budget who will be top

Its up to us now to stop overpaying players significantly and get the right people in for the job and get up there with the big boys - If we dont acheive a top 6 finish in 3 years then i would consider it a failure
Loyalty Costs Nothing !

danny lad
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by danny lad » 22 Jul 2008, 22:27

any chance you could give us some hints on the signings dettoriman?

WHELDON-ROAD-END
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by WHELDON-ROAD-END » 22 Jul 2008, 22:32

Still it will take us at least 2-3 years to get top 6 and even longer for a GF appearance, unless we get better than Saints, Leeds, Wigan, Bradford, Warrington and whoever else contests for top 6 then we wont finish there, we simply after be better than the team in front of us and where not ready for it yet!

dettoriman
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: Dettoriman

Post by dettoriman » 22 Jul 2008, 22:34

danny lad wrote:any chance you could give us some hints on the signings dettoriman?
Not as yet, Lets get the franchise out of the way first, Then hopefully some good news on the stadium funding in august and then september we may see some serious action tranfer wise
Loyalty Costs Nothing !

Bengal
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Bengal » 22 Jul 2008, 22:53

As I say I don't know who they are, but was just told it wouldn't be Fui Fui Moi Moi or Feleti Matteo, that have been mentioned a lot. Matteo for me would now be a better prospect than FFMM who was asking too much, but apparently it's neither, unless the person was indulging in a bit of kidology.

I don't know and was just seeing if anyone else knew anything. To be honest I will now wait until they are announced, if indeed it proves to be true.
So I said to the Taxi driver, "King Edwards Close". He replied "It's alright we'll lose him at the next set of lights".

"If you listen to the fans, you end up sitting with them" - Wayne Bennett

classy cas
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by classy cas » 23 Jul 2008, 06:41

dettoriman wrote:
danny lad wrote:any chance you could give us some hints on the signings dettoriman?
Not as yet, Lets get the franchise out of the way first, Then hopefully some good news on the stadium funding in august and then september we may see some serious action tranfer wise
WHAT!!!!!!!!

Do you know the franchise decision was yesterday?
And we havent got any new players or new stadium yet. If this is true i demand the suporters to go to the ground and ask RW for some answers. This is a disgrace, :lol: :lol: :lol:

Morrissey
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Morrissey » 23 Jul 2008, 08:06

Am I right in thinking that we could announce a signing from England if the club we signed them from gave us permission to speak to them?Didn't Bradford give Iestyn Harris permission to talk to Celtic Crusaders? I always presumed it was to prevent tapping up, whereas an official approach was okay...

BFB
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by BFB » 23 Jul 2008, 08:11

WHELDON-ROAD-END wrote:I think we'd all love to see Razza come back!
You think wrong.......

Come on Cas!!!!!

tigerman1
League One Player
League One Player

Post by tigerman1 » 23 Jul 2008, 08:18

im with you on that one bfb
A win a win my kingdom for a win

AVM a much misunderstood and unknown condition http://www.avmsupport.org.uk/

I wished my bank balance was a big as our points against

have you ever seen comical Ali and RW in the same room... didnt think so.

open your mind but especially your eyes

stumain
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by stumain » 23 Jul 2008, 08:25

Morrissey wrote:Am I right in thinking that we could announce a signing from England if the club we signed them from gave us permission to speak to them?
That's correct.

Fully
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Fully » 23 Jul 2008, 10:58

I thought that was to approach them - but they couldn't be announced until Sept 1st still?
--------------------------------------------------------
ACCOUNT CLOSED WITH OWNERS PERMISSION

solsfire
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by solsfire » 23 Jul 2008, 11:54

Fully wrote:I thought that was to approach them - but they couldn't be announced until Sept 1st still?
From the Professional Payers Guide

ANTI TAMPERING RULE

From 1 September(ie three months before the contract is coming to an end) players may talk to other clubs about joining that club whether or not they have been offered a new contract.
Before 1 September players may only talk to other clubs with their existing clubs written permission. This permission should not be unreasonably withheld.

Clear as mud

PS
these verbal agreements arnt worth the paper they are written on !

wastedyears1981
Academy Player
Academy Player
Location: Eating a baloo burger in the WRE behind the sticks.

Post by wastedyears1981 » 23 Jul 2008, 18:33

I dont think we will hear much until Sept, no-one will really want to say anything until the end of the season for obvious reasons. I dont think Razza would want to get grief off of the gaints fans (all 3 of them) should he have said he is coming here.

Time is a great healer, unless its a rash. Then your better off with ointment - Holly, Red Dwarf

Steadman_4_PM
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Steadman_4_PM » 23 Jul 2008, 19:46

dettoriman wrote:
Now that did make me laugh. :lol:
Adrian Flynn's career low was playing for Featherstone - "Horrible Supporters"

WHELDON-ROAD-END
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by WHELDON-ROAD-END » 23 Jul 2008, 21:20

Will the club announce any new signings?

The simple answer is we after! we after find at least 2 second rowers and maybe 1 more prop.
All this talk about Dorn going to Quins which i believe so thats a new 6 unless Mcgoldrick is put there which means then we need a Centre and also one more winger if Wainwright is to go!

So basically we do need to see new signings and the news of Sargeant on is way is excellent.

leachy`s dad
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by leachy`s dad » 23 Jul 2008, 22:47

if u check out the stats on the official super league website its obvious what we need in the team......
forwards who can bust the line and consistently punch holes in the opposition,
a dummy-half who constantly runs and gets the opposition on the back foot and most importantly.....HAS PACE!
and finally whoever we sign,can we have them better then what we have now,otherwise its a pointless exercise,so no more haberechts,claytons,fletchers and please,no james evans`!

The least they could do at Glasshoughton,is lay all the bricks down that people bought!

TIGER DAZ

Post by TIGER DAZ » 24 Jul 2008, 23:14

Anybody heard any rumours about Jeremy Smith (the south Sydney player not Melbourne Storm) signing for next year?

WHELDON-ROAD-END
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by WHELDON-ROAD-END » 24 Jul 2008, 23:17

I haven't heard alot on rumour mill but im sure if we do bring some players in i really do think they will be some good players, i really don't wanna sign Evans surely we can do better than a 31-32 year old centre/winger - whats wrong with Wainwright why replace him for someone yay older?