Widnes Players

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
WHELDON-ROAD-END
Championship Player
Championship Player

Re: Widnes Players

Post by WHELDON-ROAD-END » 23 Jul 2008, 21:17

Steadman_4_PM wrote:
Birstalltiger wrote:I hope we dont sign any of there players they have had bad has it is with out pinching there best player aswell
If we don't, someone else will. Fact is any of their players who believe they are up to SL simply won't stay in the closed shop NL1. They have less of those calibre of players compared with last season, but Smith is still worth a shot IMO.
Take Oliver Wilkes for example, wasn't Widnes best player throughout the year but was a very strong runner, now hes at Wakey and looks a very good aggresive go forward 2nd rower which we don't have! personally i would of liked someone like him who will run it in every set once or twice, as we all know 2nd row as been a bit of a struggle for us this year with Gutts injured mostly and no more recognised 2nd rowers! sometimes NL1 players go a miss and when they are snapped up by SL teams especially Wakey they seem to get the best out of them like Blanchy, Wilkes etc.

Bomber
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Bomber » 23 Jul 2008, 23:53

Yes sometimes players that are going nowhere in the lower leagues can turn it around with a good coach who works with them and shows belief in them and Kear as shown himself to be very good at this.

wastedyears1981
Academy Player
Academy Player
Location: Eating a baloo burger in the WRE behind the sticks.

Post by wastedyears1981 » 24 Jul 2008, 02:26

Regarding the ex widnes players that are currently at wakey, yes they are playing well, BUt I'd put most of it to wakey having a very good coach. Kear can get the best out of players.

Time is a great healer, unless its a rash. Then your better off with ointment - Holly, Red Dwarf

Picasso1
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Picasso1 » 24 Jul 2008, 14:06

From what I hear Mark Smith will still be at Widnes next year, I have heard something about he has said he does not want to play SL rugby and is happy with the National League.

WHELDON-ROAD-END
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by WHELDON-ROAD-END » 24 Jul 2008, 16:57

wastedyears1981 wrote:Regarding the ex widnes players that are currently at wakey, yes they are playing well, BUt I'd put most of it to wakey having a very good coach. Kear can get the best out of players.
Very True, although some of our better players came in NL1, they were always some what near SL level.

RKid
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by RKid » 25 Jul 2008, 19:05

WHELDON-ROAD-END wrote:
RKid wrote:
dettoriman wrote:
WHELDON-ROAD-END wrote:Basically Hudson and Hendo both are the same players, not the fastest but there defence is solid and both can do the good run from dummy half!
I beg to differ, Hudson is a far superior player to hendo IMO

As much as hendo tries and puts 100% in he wont have the little but of class that Ryan Hudson possesses on his day - And he is capable of the big hits too - Not just making the tackles
I wouldn't want to see Hudson back, he was quick to hot foot it when we got relegated, if we're gonna have an ex druggie lets take a chance with Dwainy Boy !!!!! :D
Your an idiot if you don't wanna see him back!
Come on ye Ford