Cas Awarded 'C' Grade

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Steadman_4_PM
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Steadman_4_PM » 23 Jul 2008, 21:40

WHELDON-ROAD-END wrote:People say by 2011 that there could be a maximum of 16 teams with Widnes and Tolouse joining the current 14. Personally i don't believe it but alot of people on here and who i hear things off are usualy right :?
Well think of it this way, we've been graded a 'C' which surely means 4 of the 10 points. Given the new stadium could only be seen as for the future, it couldn't be counted in those 4 points. Get the new stadium and continue as we are, then surely we move up to 'B' status and are certain to remain in SL.

OK that's all easily said, but how's about Huddersfield who are considered on a par with us, yet have a modern ground. I can't see we'd have been more favourably judged in some areas because we haven't got a new stadium..... equally I can't see Huddersfield being more harshly treated because they have, so on an equal footing we must be ahead.

14 teams is going to push the available pool of players, 16 will take some doing but an other 3 years development might just allow it.
Adrian Flynn's career low was playing for Featherstone - "Horrible Supporters"

WHELDON-ROAD-END
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by WHELDON-ROAD-END » 23 Jul 2008, 21:43

Steadman_4_PM wrote:
WHELDON-ROAD-END wrote:People say by 2011 that there could be a maximum of 16 teams with Widnes and Tolouse joining the current 14. Personally i don't believe it but alot of people on here and who i hear things off are usualy right :?
Well think of it this way, we've been graded a 'C' which surely means 4 of the 10 points. Given the new stadium could only be seen as for the future, it couldn't be counted in those 4 points. Get the new stadium and continue as we are, then surely we move up to 'B' status and are certain to remain in SL.

OK that's all easily said, but how's about Huddersfield who are considered on a par with us, yet have a modern ground. I can't see we'd have been more favourably judged in some areas because we haven't got a new stadium..... equally I can't see Huddersfield being more harshly treated because they have, so on an equal footing we must be ahead.

14 teams is going to push the available pool of players, 16 will take some doing but an other 3 years development might just allow it.
So basically in another 6-9 years then our stadium would'nt be good enough if Huddersfields is a C, thats means alot more teams will after upgrade certain parts or even get new Stadiums like Catalan and Harlequins .. The franchise is just one massive circle that you can't beat!

Steadman_4_PM
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Steadman_4_PM » 23 Jul 2008, 21:47

Don't be silly. Sure, the requirements of a state of the art stadium will increase over time, but once build I'm sure ours will do for many years to come. Its not about fancy gadgets and the latest must have turnstyles, its about basic facilities that people expect and grounds like WRE can't offer.

Huddersfield haven't lost out because of their stadium, they'velost out on a better grading because their attendences are generally poor, results aren't so great and until this season they've brought through virtually no juniors. Get our stadium sorted and should they stand still, we leapfrog them with ease.
Adrian Flynn's career low was playing for Featherstone - "Horrible Supporters"

wastedyears1981
Academy Player
Academy Player
Location: Eating a baloo burger in the WRE behind the sticks.

Post by wastedyears1981 » 24 Jul 2008, 02:42

Rubberlegs wrote:I am a Fev fan but not from Fev. Allerton Bywater actually. One of our board members was told last year by a senior councillor that they wouldn't be funding any part of your stadium as they were £20m plus in debt. You may get the money from elsewhere though or WMDC might have been lying to him. We are wanting talks with them, we own many acres of land around POR. If WMDC freed it for development then it would be worth many millions to us. Wouldn't be spending a penny of taxpayers money either.
Land in fev worth something ..... now you really are taking the mickey. Go take your verbal diarreah elsewhere.

Time is a great healer, unless its a rash. Then your better off with ointment - Holly, Red Dwarf