Cas Awarded 'C' Grade

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
yorky
Verified
League One Player
League One Player

Post by yorky » 23 Jul 2008, 15:09

if wigan fail on the 20 mile rule, we will never get an "A" grade ??

stumain
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by stumain » 23 Jul 2008, 15:35

Wigan also fail on compliance with the operational rules.

Danny Boy
Verified

Post by Danny Boy » 23 Jul 2008, 15:44

Can't possibly be the 20 mile rule, Warrington, Hull and Leeds would all fall down there. I thought we were supposed to get a "B" by increasing our capacity to 12,000?
Danny Boy

Aid
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Aid » 23 Jul 2008, 15:44

Large spread by John Ledger in today's Yorkshire Post;

Interesting quotes fro the report re Wakie...'plans for a new stadium exist. These are not as far advanced as might be the case despite projected occupation by 2010 and evidence of a Plan B would have been beneficial'

There is no way that Wakie will be in a new stadium by 2010.

Question is. If it is clear that Wakefield will not be able to meet the stadium criteria next time round, will pre-emtive action be taken against them (ie lose of franchise) in 2010 or will they be able to struggle on until 2011 and then get kicked out?
cum on you Ford

Jack Bauer
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Jack Bauer » 23 Jul 2008, 15:52

Danny Boy wrote:Can't possibly be the 20 mile rule, Warrington, Hull and Leeds would all fall down there. I thought we were supposed to get a "B" by increasing our capacity to 12,000?
Yes but thats all the clubs fall down on. To get a grade A you had to have 8-10 points.

braytontiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by braytontiger » 23 Jul 2008, 16:22

if we get into our new stadium we should be safe,this next month should see our future in a much clearer picture.im pretty confident we will move into glasshoughton but who with is anyones guess.

ive said for a long time the council will not fund two stadiums and with all the problems at thornes park and weystone doing all the ground works at glasshoughton and us needing a hand financially the council could in affect force us into a shared stadium,if its at glasshoughton i dont mind but there aint a cat in hell`s chance of me going to wakefield to watch us play.

wastedyears1981
Academy Player
Academy Player
Location: Eating a baloo burger in the WRE behind the sticks.

Post by wastedyears1981 » 23 Jul 2008, 16:44

braytontiger wrote:if we get into our new stadium we should be safe,this next month should see our future in a much clearer picture.im pretty confident we will move into glasshoughton but who with is anyones guess.

ive said for a long time the council will not fund two stadiums and with all the problems at thornes park and weystone doing all the ground works at glasshoughton and us needing a hand financially the council could in affect force us into a shared stadium,if its at glasshoughton i dont mind but there aint a cat in hell`s chance of me going to wakefield to watch us play.
So what happens when its cas v wakey, which will be our 'end' and their 'end', what about naming stands, bars ect, sharing the ground will be a nightmare, and why should we share, we can stand alone without wakey. If they cant hack it or get up to standards then they should pay the price and play in NL1. Why should we bail them out, why should we play in wakey, why should they play in cas. It will be a nightmare and if it does happen, i wont step one foot in the new ground. Its gonna be a cas ground, and no-one elses. No-one would expect bradford to share with leeds.

Time is a great healer, unless its a rash. Then your better off with ointment - Holly, Red Dwarf

braytontiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by braytontiger » 23 Jul 2008, 17:15

wastedyears1981 wrote:
braytontiger wrote:if we get into our new stadium we should be safe,this next month should see our future in a much clearer picture.im pretty confident we will move into glasshoughton but who with is anyones guess.

So what happens when its cas v wakey, which will be our 'end' and their 'end', what about naming stands, bars ect, sharing the ground will be a nightmare, and why should we share, we can stand alone without wakey. If they cant hack it or get up to standards then they should pay the price and play in NL1. Why should we bail them out, why should we play in wakey, why should they play in cas. It will be a nightmare and if it does happen, i wont step one foot in the new ground. Its gonna be a cas ground, and no-one elses. No-one would expect bradford to share with leeds.
i wouldnt like it either but if the council dont find funds for two stadiums there is little alternative than to share a stadium,lets see what august brings but i truely believe that wmdc got the worst possible result by both cas and wakey getting a franchise and deep down they will have been hoping one club failed.

wastedyears1981
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by wastedyears1981 » 23 Jul 2008, 17:20

braytontiger wrote:
wastedyears1981 wrote:

i wouldnt like it either but if the council dont find funds for two stadiums there is little alternative than to share a stadium,lets see what august brings but i truely believe that wmdc got the worst possible result by both cas and wakey getting a franchise and deep down they will have been hoping one club failed.
I just cant see how we could share, it would be impossible and unfair on other teams, our away ties with wakey would be, in theory at home. I just cant see it happening.

The only thing wakey would have on us is the fact Belle Vue in terms of land would be worth a hell of a lot more than cas's, due to it being close to the centre.

I dont think we will ever merge with anyone, cas will get the funding for our ground. Regardless of what happens to wakey.

Time is a great healer, unless its a rash. Then your better off with ointment - Holly, Red Dwarf

braytontiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by braytontiger » 23 Jul 2008, 17:28

wastedyears1981 wrote:
braytontiger wrote:
wastedyears1981 wrote:

I just cant see how we could share, it would be impossible and unfair on other teams, our away ties with wakey would be, in theory at home. I just cant see it happening.

The only thing wakey would have on us is the fact Belle Vue in terms of land would be worth a hell of a lot more than cas's, due to it being close to the centre.

I dont think we will ever merge with anyone, cas will get the funding for our ground. Regardless of what happens to wakey.

i hope your right but unless you know something the rest of us dont then we are reliant on wmdc funding the gap we cannot pay. from what i hear where talking a substantial figure,now lets look at it another way the wmdc give wakey 15 million to build them their stadium but dont give cas the 4 million needed to finish the stadium you wouldnt be happy and vice versa ,for political reasons the best outcome for the council would be to bang our heads together.

now you can say wakefield can go do this that and tother but unless we have a backer wgere at the mercy of wmdc.

wastedyears1981
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by wastedyears1981 » 23 Jul 2008, 17:32

[/b]
now you can say wakefield can go do this that and tother but unless we have a backer wgere at the mercy of wmdc
Were screwed :shock: :lol:

gavsdad
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by gavsdad » 23 Jul 2008, 19:08

alf garnett wrote:how the hell do they give hull f c A

My guess is something to do with Hetherington ;) ;) ;)
Suffering from Alzheimer's is just like watching errrrr what was it.

wastedyears1981
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by wastedyears1981 » 23 Jul 2008, 19:13

gavsdad wrote:
alf garnett wrote:how the hell do they give hull f c A

My guess is something to do with Hetherington ;) ;) ;)
Maybe they got scored based on the standards of fish and chips .... you'll not get cod any fresher than ya do in codheadland :lol: :lol:

Rubberlegs
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Rubberlegs » 23 Jul 2008, 19:16

Cas won't be in a new stadium by 2011, who's gonna pay for it WMDC certainly won't!

wastedyears1981
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by wastedyears1981 » 23 Jul 2008, 19:18

Rubberlegs wrote:Cas won't be in a new stadium by 2011, who's gonna pay for it WMDC certainly won't!
Why not? And why wont they? You know something we dont?

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 23 Jul 2008, 19:27

wastedyears1981 wrote:
Rubberlegs wrote:Cas won't be in a new stadium by 2011, who's gonna pay for it WMDC certainly won't!
I think hes a fev fan :hand:

wastedyears1981
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by wastedyears1981 » 23 Jul 2008, 19:29

old cas lass wrote:
wastedyears1981 wrote:
I think hes a fev fan :hand:
Arrrrr right .... didnt know they could type over there. Oh well :lol: :lol:

Aid
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Aid » 23 Jul 2008, 19:34

SUPER LEAGUE LICENSING THE OFFICIAL REPORT

Castleford Tigers

Ground is limited and old-fashioned but plans for a new stadium exist. Financal projections are based on the new ground, although there is evidence of a Plan B.
Well managed financially. Strong support even when relegated. Youth pathways maintained but have not always been able to secure best local talent.

This was in today's Yorkshire Post. It is pretty positive especially compared to quite a few of the others.
cum on you Ford

wastedyears1981
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by wastedyears1981 » 23 Jul 2008, 20:28

Aid wrote:Youth pathways maintained but have not always been able to secure best local talent.
What about westy and shenny? :?

Rubberlegs
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Rubberlegs » 23 Jul 2008, 21:07

I am a Fev fan but not from Fev. Allerton Bywater actually. One of our board members was told last year by a senior councillor that they wouldn't be funding any part of your stadium as they were £20m plus in debt. You may get the money from elsewhere though or WMDC might have been lying to him. We are wanting talks with them, we own many acres of land around POR. If WMDC freed it for development then it would be worth many millions to us. Wouldn't be spending a penny of taxpayers money either.