Cas Awarded 'C' Grade

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 23 Jul 2008, 19:27

wastedyears1981 wrote:
Rubberlegs wrote:Cas won't be in a new stadium by 2011, who's gonna pay for it WMDC certainly won't!
Why not? And why wont they? You know something we dont?
I think hes a fev fan :hand:

wastedyears1981
Academy Player
Academy Player
Location: Eating a baloo burger in the WRE behind the sticks.

Post by wastedyears1981 » 23 Jul 2008, 19:29

old cas lass wrote:
wastedyears1981 wrote:
Rubberlegs wrote:Cas won't be in a new stadium by 2011, who's gonna pay for it WMDC certainly won't!
Why not? And why wont they? You know something we dont?
I think hes a fev fan :hand:
Arrrrr right .... didnt know they could type over there. Oh well :lol: :lol:

Time is a great healer, unless its a rash. Then your better off with ointment - Holly, Red Dwarf

Aid
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Aid » 23 Jul 2008, 19:34

SUPER LEAGUE LICENSING THE OFFICIAL REPORT

Castleford Tigers

Ground is limited and old-fashioned but plans for a new stadium exist. Financal projections are based on the new ground, although there is evidence of a Plan B.
Well managed financially. Strong support even when relegated. Youth pathways maintained but have not always been able to secure best local talent.

This was in today's Yorkshire Post. It is pretty positive especially compared to quite a few of the others.
cum on you Ford

wastedyears1981
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by wastedyears1981 » 23 Jul 2008, 20:28

Aid wrote:Youth pathways maintained but have not always been able to secure best local talent.
What about westy and shenny? :?

Time is a great healer, unless its a rash. Then your better off with ointment - Holly, Red Dwarf

Rubberlegs
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Rubberlegs » 23 Jul 2008, 21:07

I am a Fev fan but not from Fev. Allerton Bywater actually. One of our board members was told last year by a senior councillor that they wouldn't be funding any part of your stadium as they were £20m plus in debt. You may get the money from elsewhere though or WMDC might have been lying to him. We are wanting talks with them, we own many acres of land around POR. If WMDC freed it for development then it would be worth many millions to us. Wouldn't be spending a penny of taxpayers money either.

WHELDON-ROAD-END
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by WHELDON-ROAD-END » 23 Jul 2008, 21:09

Rubberlegs is a Fev fan and a very bitter one! But a 'C' licence is a fair result has the jungle does'nt really tick the required needs as we all know, but im sure the new stadium will be a 'B'.

Steadman_4_PM
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Steadman_4_PM » 23 Jul 2008, 21:09

Rubberlegs wrote:I am a Fev fan but not from Fev. Allerton Bywater actually. One of our board members was told last year by a senior councillor that they wouldn't be funding any part of your stadium as they were £20m plus in debt. You may get the money from elsewhere though or WMDC might have been lying to him. We are wanting talks with them, we own many acres of land around POR. If WMDC freed it for development then it would be worth many millions to us. Wouldn't be spending a penny of taxpayers money either.
Why on earth should it be freed up for development?

FC's the oracle on all things Fev land etc, I seem to recall him having some harsh words for your club when you last moaned about being unfairly treated by WMDC.
Adrian Flynn's career low was playing for Featherstone - "Horrible Supporters"

Rubberlegs
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Rubberlegs » 23 Jul 2008, 21:27

I'm not bitter at cas, most of my mates are cas fans and i'm more a cas lad. But i don't agree the franchise system one bit. Super league is becoming as fake as WWE wrestling for me. Can't wait for a few years when Edinburgh Eels, Dublin Dukes, Barcelona Bears and Moscow marlins are in.

I'm not bothered Fev aren't in it as long as NL doesn't die and we've got a decent team, and i don't think the new structure helps anyone but the 14 SL clubs. Sport for me is about being able to progress and things be decided on the field. Teams that finish bottom should be relegated simple as and teams that win leagues should be given a chance to move up. Cas and Leigh failed to stay up in first season, but wakefield, huddersfield, Salford, Widnes, Hull Kr all managed to stay up. Hull KR were on deaths door 5 plus years ago but they've changed their fortunes around and are now a big club again. What Hull KR did will never happen again. In 3 years time they'll be another Celtic type club ready to be fastracked into the league with a team full of second rate aussies. The franchise system is nothin to do with developing young british talent, look at the amount of NRL players coming over next season including a 35 year old Steve Menzies. By all means have a cosy time in SL, but the essence and meaning of sport has died in the topflight.

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 23 Jul 2008, 21:29

yorktiger wrote:So as I understand it, the next time the franchises are announced if Halifax/Widnes/Toulouse score more highly than the lowest scoring 'C' grade status club then that club will drop out of Superleague (for arguments sake let's say, um, Wakey). If there are no 'C' grade clubs left then will Superleague expand? A club is to be added in 2011 as I understand it...

'The RFL has confirmed that one club from The Co-operative National Leagues will be given a licence in 2011 subject to them meeting qualifying standards. This includes playing in a Co-operative National League One Grand Final between this year and 2010.'

Think it will be difficult for all of those clubs to make 'B' standard if that's where Bradford and Wigan are already...wonder what points they miss out on....financial stability/proximity to other clubs (certainly not stadium in Wigan's case).
thats what i was wondering, if there are no teams with a C grade by 2011 then what happens to the NL1 team that is guaranteed a place in SL. Do we go to 15 teams or what ??

WHELDON-ROAD-END
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by WHELDON-ROAD-END » 23 Jul 2008, 21:34

People say by 2011 that there could be a maximum of 16 teams with Widnes and Tolouse joining the current 14. Personally i don't believe it but alot of people on here and who i hear things off are usualy right :?

Steadman_4_PM
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Steadman_4_PM » 23 Jul 2008, 21:40

WHELDON-ROAD-END wrote:People say by 2011 that there could be a maximum of 16 teams with Widnes and Tolouse joining the current 14. Personally i don't believe it but alot of people on here and who i hear things off are usualy right :?
Well think of it this way, we've been graded a 'C' which surely means 4 of the 10 points. Given the new stadium could only be seen as for the future, it couldn't be counted in those 4 points. Get the new stadium and continue as we are, then surely we move up to 'B' status and are certain to remain in SL.

OK that's all easily said, but how's about Huddersfield who are considered on a par with us, yet have a modern ground. I can't see we'd have been more favourably judged in some areas because we haven't got a new stadium..... equally I can't see Huddersfield being more harshly treated because they have, so on an equal footing we must be ahead.

14 teams is going to push the available pool of players, 16 will take some doing but an other 3 years development might just allow it.

WHELDON-ROAD-END
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by WHELDON-ROAD-END » 23 Jul 2008, 21:43

Steadman_4_PM wrote:
WHELDON-ROAD-END wrote:People say by 2011 that there could be a maximum of 16 teams with Widnes and Tolouse joining the current 14. Personally i don't believe it but alot of people on here and who i hear things off are usualy right :?
Well think of it this way, we've been graded a 'C' which surely means 4 of the 10 points. Given the new stadium could only be seen as for the future, it couldn't be counted in those 4 points. Get the new stadium and continue as we are, then surely we move up to 'B' status and are certain to remain in SL.

OK that's all easily said, but how's about Huddersfield who are considered on a par with us, yet have a modern ground. I can't see we'd have been more favourably judged in some areas because we haven't got a new stadium..... equally I can't see Huddersfield being more harshly treated because they have, so on an equal footing we must be ahead.

14 teams is going to push the available pool of players, 16 will take some doing but an other 3 years development might just allow it.
So basically in another 6-9 years then our stadium would'nt be good enough if Huddersfields is a C, thats means alot more teams will after upgrade certain parts or even get new Stadiums like Catalan and Harlequins .. The franchise is just one massive circle that you can't beat!

Steadman_4_PM
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Steadman_4_PM » 23 Jul 2008, 21:47

Don't be silly. Sure, the requirements of a state of the art stadium will increase over time, but once build I'm sure ours will do for many years to come. Its not about fancy gadgets and the latest must have turnstyles, its about basic facilities that people expect and grounds like WRE can't offer.

Huddersfield haven't lost out because of their stadium, they'velost out on a better grading because their attendences are generally poor, results aren't so great and until this season they've brought through virtually no juniors. Get our stadium sorted and should they stand still, we leapfrog them with ease.

wastedyears1981
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by wastedyears1981 » 24 Jul 2008, 02:42

Rubberlegs wrote:I am a Fev fan but not from Fev. Allerton Bywater actually. One of our board members was told last year by a senior councillor that they wouldn't be funding any part of your stadium as they were £20m plus in debt. You may get the money from elsewhere though or WMDC might have been lying to him. We are wanting talks with them, we own many acres of land around POR. If WMDC freed it for development then it would be worth many millions to us. Wouldn't be spending a penny of taxpayers money either.
Land in fev worth something ..... now you really are taking the mickey. Go take your verbal diarreah elsewhere.