could a ground share be on the cards?

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 24 Jul 2008, 00:24

With the current state of WMDC finances, I'm more and more convinced they won't be outting a great deal into a new stadium for Cas. Rumour of other private backers persist so perhaps that is the avenue Cas have secured?

Wakey can probably secure some Council funding with the lame excuse of a swimming pool latched onto the development. It may also attract central gov't finance as there is clearly a need for a pool in the city centre. The only remaining question for me is where? Is there sufficient room at Belle View to build a multi purpose stand that could accomodate a pool amongst other facilities? Possibly.
Spreading the Cas gene pool

WHELDON-ROAD-END
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by WHELDON-ROAD-END » 24 Jul 2008, 00:49

Flat Capper wrote:With the current state of WMDC finances, I'm more and more convinced they won't be outting a great deal into a new stadium for Cas. Rumour of other private backers persist so perhaps that is the avenue Cas have secured?

Wakey can probably secure some Council funding with the lame excuse of a swimming pool latched onto the development. It may also attract central gov't finance as there is clearly a need for a pool in the city centre. The only remaining question for me is where? Is there sufficient room at Belle View to build a multi purpose stand that could accomodate a pool amongst other facilities? Possibly.
Answer to that is NO. the space around Bell Vue is very small and if they were to build a pool then definately no, if they were to build a stadium same size as they have now then fine, but any bigger and id say no.

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 24 Jul 2008, 12:28

What about removing the apartment block along with the clubhouse and building out into the area that is currently free from spectators. Looks big enough to me.

Danny Boy
Verified

Post by Danny Boy » 24 Jul 2008, 12:52

Hope no ground share, don't want that lot of scum calling our ground their own too!
As FC says, remove the Benidorm holiday flats and there's plenty of room to build a decent stand there. maybe they could even get private funding, as they did for the flats (although the builder who eventually did fund the building, didn't realise he would be funding them at the time).
Danny Boy

Far Eastern Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Far Eastern Tiger » 24 Jul 2008, 12:53

Not a chance, the area behind the 'Diddy David Hamilton boxes' is small, the perimeter wall runs behind it about 10 yards away, then you are on the terrace streets.

The car park where the superbowl & clubhouse maybe able to accomodate a pool but i doubt it, there certainly wouldn't be anywhere to park, unless they park on the common !
'What she read over heavy books she'd sit & prophisise, it took a tattoo'd boy from Birkenhead to really, really open her eyes !'

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 24 Jul 2008, 12:57

Says it all when us cas fans are trying to organise the up grade of belle vue, :D

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 24 Jul 2008, 12:57

Planners don't ike too much parking these days, it encourages car use. ;)

billy butlin
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by billy butlin » 24 Jul 2008, 13:16

What I cant understand that originally the pussies wanted WMDC to give them some land and not funding. Now they want funding too! The comments on RL fans state that they will use the signatures received by swag to put forward their case for a new stadium.

I really feel that neither club will get anything from WMDC and it will be up top each club to sort out their own funding.

I suspect that Cas have more funding than they are letting on with the comments in todays P&C reiterating that part of the Cas ground would be used for access to the new homes built on the Hickson site. If this is so, what has happened to the sale to Ben Bailey Homes?

WHELDON-ROAD-END
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by WHELDON-ROAD-END » 24 Jul 2008, 17:07

Simple answer is .. NO

Guru
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Guru » 24 Jul 2008, 17:13

leachy`s dad wrote:
Guru wrote:How do we know that Castleford Tigers need any help from WMDC at all?
some people have missed the point in what im trying to make...others have it spot on....
the council have overspent everywhere,hence huge rises in council tax,our share of the cost of the stadium was,as i understand it,going to be the lowest,which is why RW wouldnt go into detail at the civic centre meeting therefore if the council dont put in what we thought they were gonna,who is going to make up the shortfall and how?
lets remember that the next set of licence proposals have to start being planned from 2010 onwards.we HAVE TO BE in a new stadium by then otherwise we could find ourselves under pressure once again.remember ,this new stadium is not solely ours like the jungle is now.
Which is why I made my original statement,how does anybody{unless they are a club official privy to ALL information] know anything about the Stadium funding,which is why I replied how I did,do you know how much,if any,has been promised by private funding/sale of Jungle/WMDC, at the moment everything is speculation,unless of course an official statement comes from the club backing up everything which has been said here.All I am saying is wait until we hear something official before jumping to conclusions,step 1 is complete,we have a Franchise,let's move onto step 2 and let the BOD sort the stadium. :pray:
Wakefield,just a small town in Barnsley.
Featherstone who?

Adam
Verified
Championship Player
Championship Player
Twitter: @yorkscoaster

Re: could a ground share be on the cards?

Post by Adam » 24 Jul 2008, 19:02

leachy`s dad wrote:with a decision by WMDC expected in august regarding funding for the new stadium and with the current financial climate as it is,does anyone else fear funding depends on a ground share with that spawny set on the other side of normy?
think about it,they(Pussycats) have NO CHANCE of a new stadium by 2011 and can u really see wakey council funding 2 stadium projects in its boundaries?
the only stumbling block i can see to this ,is that both teams have to generate £4 million each as part of their franchise ambitions ,could this be achieved whilst ground-sharing?
thoughts please....
I would say that the financing is pretty much sorted, and WMDC wont be asked to put in a much cash as everyone is thinking.. :lol: therefore, I dont think a ground share in on the cards at all

chuckaneppy
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by chuckaneppy » 24 Jul 2008, 19:52

Karlos The Jackal wrote:Not a chance, the area behind the 'Diddy David Hamilton boxes' is small, the perimeter wall runs behind it about 10 yards away, then you are on the terrace streets.

The car park where the superbowl & clubhouse maybe able to accomodate a pool but i doubt it, there certainly wouldn't be anywhere to park, unless they park on the common !
Not sure I agree.

When Belle Vue was a proper ground that side hosted a full length covered terrace.

WHELDON-ROAD-END
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by WHELDON-ROAD-END » 24 Jul 2008, 20:08

If we was to merge then expect a lot of empty stands!