possible new coaches if were required....

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
ten
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by ten » 06 Aug 2008, 11:58

dettoriman wrote:
ten wrote:I believe bringing in an already qualified proven coach would be a good idea and then bringing in vowles to help assist.
He couldnt get a Visa for anything but a head coach i doubt - He would have a fight on his hands getting one just to coach but would be able to due to his 7 years over here previously
Oh i didnt realise that. Well bring him over then, he can only make things better than what they are now surely.

dettoriman
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: Dettoriman

Post by dettoriman » 06 Aug 2008, 12:02

ten wrote:
dettoriman wrote:
ten wrote:I believe bringing in an already qualified proven coach would be a good idea and then bringing in vowles to help assist.
He couldnt get a Visa for anything but a head coach i doubt - He would have a fight on his hands getting one just to coach but would be able to due to his 7 years over here previously
Oh i didnt realise that. Well bring him over then, he can only make things better than what they are now surely.
Well mate i know a few things for sure,

You wouldnt see anymore players with ego's on the field - It would be like when he played they were left outside the dressing room and picked back up after a win, You would see a team that would know what rugby league meant to Cas and the fans and the players would play with the same passion also - You wouldnt hear of any of the off field antics as he would stop them immediately - And we wouldnt be signing and players from aus on over inflated contracts (which includes a couple of the current squad) and he would get rid of one or two personel from inside the club ;)

The problem people will have with him is he isnt experienced as a head coach - but he has no doubts in his abilities on that score and i would rather see an Adrian Vowles team getting hammered but playing with their hearts on their sleeves, Than a TM team getting hammered and looking like they are all dying to get to the bar
Loyalty Costs Nothing !

ten
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by ten » 06 Aug 2008, 12:07

I totally agree. I say bring him in. People will complain, as you said, about not being qualified but then again look at jimmy lowes. I know he has been assistant for some time but he has never had the role of head coach and he is doing a great job by getting the best out of the players and not providing excuses. and i also like how he is true to the game with what he said when interviewed after beating leeds (which may i add was a great game to watch and also a great moment for the sport in general :lol: )

Picasso1
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Picasso1 » 06 Aug 2008, 12:56

dettoriman wrote:
ten wrote:
dettoriman wrote:

You wouldnt see anymore players with ego's on the field - It would be like when he played they were left outside the dressing room and picked back up after a win, You would see a team that would know what rugby league meant to Cas and the fans and the players would play with the same passion also - You wouldnt hear of any of the off field antics as he would stop them immediately - And we wouldnt be signing and players from aus on over inflated contracts (which includes a couple of the current squad) and he would get rid of one or two personel from inside the club ;)

The problem people will have with him is he isnt experienced as a head coach - but he has no doubts in his abilities on that score and i would rather see an Adrian Vowles team getting hammered but playing with their hearts on their sleeves, Than a TM team getting hammered and looking like they are all dying to get to the bar
I have no quarms about Vowles as coach, but is there not something in the criteria these days that to be head coach of a SL club you have to have some coaching experience already in the top flight (first grade in Aus)?

I may be wrong, Kempy I am sure you will know the answer

Rich_1
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Rich_1 » 06 Aug 2008, 13:22

Would give anything to have Kear but won't happen :(

G Man90
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by G Man90 » 06 Aug 2008, 14:10

i think kempy would be gd and would be a fans favourite
Chase and Sherwin winning partnership....
Top 8 finish for the TIGERS next year :)

dettoriman
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by dettoriman » 06 Aug 2008, 14:34

Picasso1 wrote:
dettoriman wrote:
ten wrote:
dettoriman wrote:

I have no quarms about Vowles as coach, but is there not something in the criteria these days that to be head coach of a SL club you have to have some coaching experience already in the top flight (first grade in Aus)?

I may be wrong, Kempy I am sure you will know the answer
Not sure whether he ever became head coach at his current club mate but he started playing for them i think - And is now the CEO - I just know for a fact there is nothing the guy wants more than to coach Cas
Loyalty Costs Nothing !

ten
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by ten » 06 Aug 2008, 14:36

dettoriman, get persuading the BOD. if anyone can do it, it's surely you :dance: :lol:

drleftie
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by drleftie » 06 Aug 2008, 14:36

Just for once I'd like to see Cas get a proper experienced head coach with a track record. Steadman was a great player, no first team coaching experience, poor coach.
TM great player, no first team coaching experience, poor coach. Adrian Vowles great player, no first team coaching experience.....
The state we are in we cannot afford to have a coach who is 'still learning.'
Vowles as assistant to Karl Harrison or John Kear. Now that would be a combination.

ten
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by ten » 06 Aug 2008, 14:38

drleftie wrote:Just for once I'd like to see Cas get a proper experienced head coach with a track record. Steadman was a great player, no first team coaching experience, poor coach.
TM great player, no first team coaching experience, poor coach. Adrian Vowles great player, no first team coaching experience.....
The state we are in we cannot afford to have a coach who is 'still learning.'
Vowles as assistant to Karl Harrison or John Kear. Now that would be a combination.
yeah id like vowles to be assistant too as i mentioned earlier but dettoriman says its unlikely he can get a visa for that role. scroll up or go back a few pages and you'll see.

dettoriman
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by dettoriman » 06 Aug 2008, 14:39

ten wrote:dettoriman, get persuading the BOD. if anyone can do it, it's surely you :dance: :lol:
I very much doubt it - If the post becomes available which it wont until next year if things arent going well - Adrian will be interviewed for it i am sure
Loyalty Costs Nothing !

ten
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by ten » 06 Aug 2008, 14:40

why dont us fans try and make the post available? you know like warrington did after cas beat them earlier on this year.

dettoriman
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by dettoriman » 06 Aug 2008, 14:45

ten wrote:why dont us fans try and make the post available? you know like warrington did after cas beat them earlier on this year.
The decision should be made when the time is right by those who get paid to make these decisions
Loyalty Costs Nothing !

ten
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by ten » 06 Aug 2008, 14:48

dettoriman wrote:
ten wrote:why dont us fans try and make the post available? you know like warrington did after cas beat them earlier on this year.
The decision should be made when the time is right by those who get paid to make these decisions
is the time not right now? those decisions arnt being made. we should offer a helping hand 8)

WHELDON-ROAD-END
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by WHELDON-ROAD-END » 06 Aug 2008, 17:56

Basiclly if were going to keep TM we do it now.

If were going to get a new coach then we should be looking to do it for next year while good coaches are available.

I keep saying Karl Harrison and i won't stop as i think he is one of th best English coaches available, i also think if he was to come he would bring in a lot more English players and better players we have.

He also has respect of everyone, and something TM doesn't have is RESPECT of anyone at minute.

decorator
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by decorator » 06 Aug 2008, 18:09

Is MR signed on for another year?

G Man90
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by G Man90 » 08 Aug 2008, 10:52

nt sure m8.. ope nt
Chase and Sherwin winning partnership....
Top 8 finish for the TIGERS next year :)

dettoriman
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by dettoriman » 09 Aug 2008, 23:15

decorator wrote:Is MR signed on for another year?
I was informed he hasnt got a contract at the club
Loyalty Costs Nothing !

gavsdad
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by gavsdad » 10 Aug 2008, 13:24

dettoriman wrote:
decorator wrote:Is MR signed on for another year?
I was informed he hasnt got a contract at the club
Did he do his own negotiations on that then :lol: :lol:
Suffering from Alzheimer's is just like watching errrrr what was it.

gavsdad
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by gavsdad » 10 Aug 2008, 13:33

bring Tony rae In to help out Terry coach the Squad
remember they both played in the capital
and the players will all be
T.I.T.S
Suffering from Alzheimer's is just like watching errrrr what was it.