2009 Sponsors

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Aid
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Aid » 12 Aug 2008, 15:52

[quote="wrs"][quote="Aid"][quote="The-Jester"]Hi,

Well, it might be just be, but I take exception to this reply on many levels:

1) What on earth is going on when a club representative breaks the news about new sponsors on a fans forum? If J32 are new sponsors for 2009, I’m sure they would have preferred a co-ordinated official announcement rather than this very public comment by the very person they negotiated with.

2) A lot of the reply is rhetorical eg, it’s impossible for the reader to discern whether sponsoring the “other armâ€
cum on you Ford

The-Jester
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by The-Jester » 12 Aug 2008, 16:59

Aid wrote:Can you give any examples of any 'nationally renowned brands' sponsoring a Rugby League club, when the company has no links to the local area?

Hi,

We are entering a new era – a supposedly exciting and defining era typified by franchises, new stadia and a team that competes at the highest level of sport. What currently takes place in Super League clubs should not be a limiting factor to what will have to take place if they want to step up to the brave new world.

I probably wasn't clear on what I meant by locally based deals and apologise for that. I did not mean that national organisations that are locally based should not be sponsors! An example of what I meant would be KFC, who currently sponsor the Claws. Clearly KFC is a national brand, but (prima facie) their association with us appears to be justified through local community based deal. Whilst I am not party as to how KFC management accounts are constructed, it would be fairly typical for them to show this as an investment in Corporate and Social Responsibility (CSR) rather than sponsorship and advertisement. We will never reach the true value of our deals if we can only attract national brands on this basis.

Whilst support from our local businesses is magnificent (and long may it continue) our brand equity will always remain subdued if we can only attract local based organisations. This is because it indicates to other potential sponsors that our audience is parochially local (or regional at best). There will be nothing as positively reaffirming of the brave new world as a sponsor who comes in because they know that through TV, internet and print medias (in ADDITION to match day exposure in and around the ground), they know they are going to get to their target audience – and that it does not necessarily reside in WF10.

Yours in sport,
The Jester

Adam
Verified
Championship Player
Championship Player
Twitter: @yorkscoaster

Post by Adam » 12 Aug 2008, 17:05

Jester, the news about J32 was announced on the official site or in P&C about a week before on here...

The-Jester
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by The-Jester » 12 Aug 2008, 17:34

Hi,

I looked on the official site before I posted the comment and it has news on there going back 4 weeks to 17 July - but there was nothing. I checked the archive on the Pontefract and Castleford Express website - again, there was nothing. Finally, I checked Junction32's website - and again, there was nothing. Given the lack of exposure I assumed that no annoucement had been made.

I think I did reasonable research before making a post on a fan's forum, however I apologise if I am mistaken on this point.

Yours in sport,
The Jester

Aid
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Aid » 12 Aug 2008, 17:47

The reality is that only the big, well established, Premiership football clubs can attract the big national firms, that have no obvious link to their locality. Just look at the rest, few examples. Newcastle - Northern Rock, Wigan - JJB (surprise that one!) newly promoted Hull City -Karoo (Kingston Communications internet provider)

And, when you get to the Championship, which financially and in potential publicity terms is probably closer to Super League, they all appear to have local (never heard of) sponsors.

Once Cas get into their new stadium, cemmenting a long term relationship with Junction 32 and Xscape, (and all the individual shops and resturants) along with Asda (with their soon to be opened 24 Hour mega store) as well as the college would seem to be the way forward, to the benefit all parties.
cum on you Ford

Fully
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Fully » 12 Aug 2008, 18:01

The-Jester wrote:Hi,

I looked on the official site before I posted the comment and it has news on there going back 4 weeks to 17 July - but there was nothing. I checked the archive on the Pontefract and Castleford Express website - again, there was nothing. Finally, I checked Junction32's website - and again, there was nothing. Given the lack of exposure I assumed that no annoucement had been made.

I think I did reasonable research before making a post on a fan's forum, however I apologise if I am mistaken on this point.

Yours in sport,
The Jester
I haven't seen anything about Junction32 either mate - only Xscape here: http://www.castigers.com/cgi-bin/news.cgi?108_1786

That said normytiger i believe made a post on here stating that J32 and Xscape were investing.
--------------------------------------------------------
ACCOUNT CLOSED WITH OWNERS PERMISSION

normytiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by normytiger » 12 Aug 2008, 18:04

Fully wrote:
That said normytiger i believe made a post on here stating that J32 and Xscape were investing.
Correct ;)
Once a Tiger, always a Tiger!!!

Adam
Verified
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Adam » 12 Aug 2008, 18:16

Yours in sport,
The Jester
After retracing the steps, it appears you are correct, I apologize and must have imagined seeing it, or have read a post about it somewhere

Adam

Fully
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Fully » 12 Aug 2008, 18:19

The 1st post of this thread Adam lol

Adam
Verified
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Adam » 12 Aug 2008, 18:31

Fully wrote:The 1st post of this thread Adam lol
That must have been it!

speedy
Academy Player
Academy Player
Twitter: @casrlfc

Post by speedy » 12 Aug 2008, 20:06

Adam wrote:
Fully wrote:The 1st post of this thread Adam lol
That must have been it!
This one or That One ;)

The-Jester
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by The-Jester » 12 Aug 2008, 20:18

Hi,

Glad it's just not me going mad then! So I am clear, has J32's sponsorship been officially announced by the club through an official channel or not? If the answer is yes, please can someone provide a link or source.

Yours in sport,
The Jester

speedy
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by speedy » 12 Aug 2008, 20:21

Glad it's just not me going mad then! So I am clear, has J32's sponsorship been officially announced by the club through an official channel or not? If the answer is yes, please can someone provide a link or source.

Yours in sport,
The Jester
officially unofficial, oops wrong one :oops: ;)

look above ;)
Last edited by speedy on 12 Aug 2008, 20:41, edited 1 time in total.

Fully
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Fully » 12 Aug 2008, 20:40

That's Xscape. Not Junction 32. They are too different companies Speedy. Therefore it has NOT been made official.

speedy
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by speedy » 12 Aug 2008, 20:41

Fully wrote:That's Xscape. Not Junction 32. They are too different companies Speedy. Therefore it has NOT been made official.
senior moments ;) :lol: :lol: