Hendo

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
gavsdad
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by gavsdad » 11 Aug 2008, 17:26

overseas trained then :roll:
Suffering from Alzheimer's is just like watching errrrr what was it.

WHELDON-ROAD-END
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by WHELDON-ROAD-END » 11 Aug 2008, 17:28

To agree or disagree ..

Hudson is a good player and was when he was at Cas back in 2003.

This year for Huddersfield he as been very good. He had to come off the bench and interchange as Huddersfield had a 1st choice hooker already before Hudson had signed, but the Aussie then went back to Oz.

Since taking over 1st choice hooker he as been very good and has certainly helped Huddersfield move up the table.

He was also unbelievable when Giants beat Saints.

I say to people on here forget his past and what he's done and look at him from the things he can do on field.

He may not be a massive step forward, but he's someone who will give 100% and you know it!

I am quite dissapointed people are slating him because of what he did when we got relegated but he is a good player and i don't understand how people can say he isn't!

Give him a chance!

Surrounded with a decent team next year and likes of Sargent (who Raz will always be backing up), Sherwin and Chase means for exciting times!

fig of whitwood
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by fig of whitwood » 11 Aug 2008, 17:37

Hudson spelling with Leo-Latu would be nice.
He looked pretty dangerous yesterday.

Rich_1
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Rich_1 » 12 Aug 2008, 08:55

WHELDON-ROAD-END wrote: I am quite dissapointed people are slating him because of what he did when we got relegated but he is a good player and i don't understand how people can say he isn't!
It doesn't half make me laugh when people slag him off for wanting his money that the club owed him when we were relegated.

dettoriman
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: Dettoriman

Post by dettoriman » 12 Aug 2008, 12:31

Rich_1 wrote:
WHELDON-ROAD-END wrote: I am quite dissapointed people are slating him because of what he did when we got relegated but he is a good player and i don't understand how people can say he isn't!
It doesn't half make me laugh when people slag him off for wanting his money that the club owed him when we were relegated.
Its what also makes me laugh - Shows these people really have no real morals and are just ready to slag him off

The guy was owed the wages - So he claimed them -- If i finished my job and they owed me 2 months wages i wouldnt just forget it -- And neither would anyone else
Loyalty Costs Nothing !

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 12 Aug 2008, 12:49

Hudson always sparks an intersting debate but could someone just clarify his ending with Tigers in 2004?

I understand his argument that he should be paid for the remaining period of his contract which IIRC was to the end of November. Did Novemeber coincide with his off-season trip to Australia where he alledged he mistook the advice of a dietitian and digested the illegal substance? Does that me he took the illiega substance whilst still technically under contract to Cas?

If that was the case then I'd be reluctant to re-employ a man who may have transgressed whilst in my employment.

I could have got it all wrong of course...
Spreading the Cas gene pool

Rich_1
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Rich_1 » 12 Aug 2008, 13:00

Flat Capper wrote:Hudson always sparks an intersting debate but could someone just clarify his ending with Tigers in 2004?

I understand his argument that he should be paid for the remaining period of his contract which IIRC was to the end of November. Did Novemeber coincide with his off-season trip to Australia where he alledged he mistook the advice of a dietitian and digested the illegal substance? Does that me he took the illiega substance whilst still technically under contract to Cas?

If that was the case then I'd be reluctant to re-employ a man who may have transgressed whilst in my employment.

I'm not sure where he did that but that was nothing to do with Cas not paying him as they didn't even know at the time that he was going to test positive or even be tested.

At the time he was one of a number of players who Cas tried to rip off and refused to pay the last 2 months of their contract as they tried to claim they were 'null and void'.

This was overturned if i remember rightly and Cas were rightfully forced to continue paying the wages until November. Hudson had threatened to take the club to Court if they didn't pay him, again he did completely right to do so.

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 12 Aug 2008, 13:13

I understand that he should have been paid up until the end of his contract. My question is whether or not the contracted time coincided with his ill-judged diet and if so, should Cas now re-employ a player who took illegal substances whilst still in their employment.

Whay I'm saying is that Cas should have paid him until the end of November but that should also mean he remained an employee of the Club during that time and therefore was/is subject to disciplinary measures by the same employer.

BFB
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by BFB » 12 Aug 2008, 13:19

Rich_1 wrote:
Flat Capper wrote:Hudson always sparks an intersting debate but could someone just clarify his ending with Tigers in 2004?

I'm not sure where he did that but that was nothing to do with Cas not paying him as they didn't even know at the time that he was going to test positive or even be tested.

At the time he was one of a number of players who Cas tried to rip off and refused to pay the last 2 months of their contract as they tried to claim they were 'null and void'.

This was overturned if i remember rightly and Cas were rightfully forced to continue paying the wages until November. Hudson had threatened to take the club to Court if they didn't pay him, again he did completely right to do so.
As you will have guessed, I am not a Hudson fan.

In the early days of the Steadman mangagement era, things seemed to change. The players who were the ones sent along to functions started to move away, Orr, Wells etc. On his appointment as skipper, Hudson should have been a figurehead and a role model. His communication skills were zilch, and his attendance at early CTSC meetings were non-existent (ok we were losing a lot, but he's a big boy, and he obviously wanted the role).

It seemed well known that, even before relegation was confirmed, that Hudson was off to Bradford, then came back for wages that may, or may not, have been deserved.

Interesting point, FC, about the timing of his imbibing body altering substances, I suspect he was probably as unfit as most of the 2004 Cas squad and may have gone into panic mode once he found out what he had let himself in for at the Bulls.

Also, the PR machine was set into motion during (and on his return from) his ban advertising his gym business, and indicating he was misled on what he had been taking.......

He probably is a nice enough guy if you are one of the in-crowd, I've found him a poser, not particularly friendly to those who pay his wages and a bit of a prat to be honest. And he's a Drugs Cheat.....

rant over :shock:

Come on Cas!!!!!

stumain
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by stumain » 12 Aug 2008, 13:28

Flat Capper wrote:My question is whether or not the contracted time coincided with his ill-judged diet and if so, should Cas now re-employ a player who took illegal substances whilst still in their employment.

Whay I'm saying is that Cas should have paid him until the end of November but that should also mean he remained an employee of the Club during that time and therefore was/is subject to disciplinary measures by the same employer.
His signing was announced by the Bulls on 21 October 2004.

He was banned by the Bulls on 20 January 2005.

The only dating I can find for the positive test is from the BBC "testing positive for banned steroid stanozolol in December."

Difficult to say for sure but for the drugs to still be in his system in December would make it likely it was after his announcement as a Bulls player.

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 12 Aug 2008, 13:34

That narrows it down a little further but it doesn't answer the question about when his employment with Cas ended? The Bulls may have announced his capture in october but at that point he was still being paid by Cas so therefore was still an employee of Cas.

Not sure what the rules were back then but a CLub can now announce the signing of a player from September can't they, long befopre the season technically ends in the GF and possibly world cup this year?

The December date of the positive test is interstesting though but does it clarify when the substance was taken or simply when it was discovered, two distinctly different things?

stumain
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by stumain » 12 Aug 2008, 14:09

Flat Capper wrote:The December date of the positive test is interstesting though but does it clarify when the substance was taken or simply when it was discovered, two distinctly different things?
Injectable stanozolol remains detectable in the system for upto 3 months. If taken orally it's three weeks. Going from memory, I'm sure Hudson indicated it was a supplement he'd been given indicating oral consumption. Therefore to record a positive test in December he would have had to ingest it sometime after the first week in November.

The contract situation was this: Cas stopped paying the players immediately after the final game, arguing that with relegation their contracts were void. The players argued, correctly, that the contracts were valid until the end of the international season on 27 November.

As you say, it's likely that the Bulls were announcing he'd join them after the expiration of his contract reducing the likelihood of his indiscretions coming after his transfer. In essence, he'd have to have taken it somewhere between November 28th - December 30th.